Gerard has been writing exclusively for the U.S. substance addiction treatment industry for many years, providing a range of medically-reviewed work, including white papers, long-form, and short-form content articles, and blog posts for accredited addiction treatment centers. A member of the American Medical Writers Association, Gerard’s specific focus is substance addiction (an area that has impacted Gerard’s personal life in several ways), and he is particularly drawn to the topics of professional, evidence-based treatment, new and alternative therapies, and enabling readers to find their own sustainable, long-term recovery. Gerard lives and works in Maryland, U.S., he’s happily married, and a proud father. His interests include hiking with the family, reading fiction (from the classics to virtually all of the current NYT bestseller list), American and British film classics, and his beloved dogs, Toby and Coco, both rescued from the local pound.
We’re a drug & alcohol treatment facility in Arizona offering telehealth, outpatient & residential level of care. Our blog provides news, information, and motivation to help individuals start or continue on their recovery journey from drug and alcohol addiction.CALL US (888) 672-2120
- PubChem. Tianeptine. 2022. Available atpubchem.gov.
- Drugs.com. Tianeptine. 2022. Available atDrugs.com/international.
- Healthline. Tricyclic Antidepressants. September 2, 2018. Available atHealthline.com.
- Drug Enforcement Administration. Tianeptine. May 2019. Available atUSDOJ.gov.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Characteristics of Tianeptine Exposures Reported to the National Poison Data System- United States, 2000-2017. August 3, 2018. Available atCDC.gov.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). FDA 101: Dietary Supplements. July 15, 2015. Available atFDA.gov.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). FDA Takes Action on Products Marketed as Dietary Supplements Containing Tianeptine and Warns Consumers. November 20, 2018. Available atFDA.gov.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Tianeptine Products Linked to Serious Harm, Overdoses, Death. February 10, 2022. Available atFDA.gov.
- National Library of Medicine. Characteristics of Tianeptine Effects Reported to a Poison Control Center: a Growing Threat to Public Health. June 18, 2020. Available atPubMed.gov.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Notes From the Field: Toxic Leukoencephalopathy Associated with Tianeptine Misuse- California 2017. Available atCDC.gov.
- National Library of Medicine. Case Reports of Fatalities Involving Tianeptine in the United States. September 1, 2018. Available atPubMed.gov.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Tianeptine in Dietary Supplements. November 20, 2018. Available atFDA.gov.
- Medline Plus. Opiate and Opioid Withdrawal. May 10, 2020. Available atMedlinePlus.gov.