Unfortunately, drug and alcohol addiction are far too common in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. There are many options for rehab that are available to people in this part of the state. But sadly, a lot of people do not take advantage of them. They may think that they will not work for them, or they may be in denial that they have a problem.
At SpringBoard Recovery, we have worked with many people from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We understand their hesitation to get treatment. They want to know that going to rehab will effectively help them stop using. While there are no guarantees, our clients have wonderful things to say about our program. We know that it has helped many people, and it will continue to.
“SpringBoard is a place that takes a very nurturing and caring approach with our patients while providing excellent clinical work and recovery and life skills. We create a family feel and personalized relationships with our patients.”
– Jason Bordonaro, Executive Leadership Team
Traveling to Arizona from Milwaukee for Rehab at SpringBoard Recovery
Many people would rather travel to another state to go to drug and alcohol rehab, and for good reason. Going to an addiction treatment facility out of town can help people in a number of different ways, such as:
- Allowing them to go to rehab in a city where no one knows who they are.
- Giving them a chance to get away from their stressors so they can focus on recovering.
- Removing themselves from potential triggers, which could cause them to relapse.
- Finding a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center that will be covered by their health insurance company.
- Providing a way for them to relocate, if necessary, to escape a home life that is detrimental to recovery.
Arizona is a wonderful state that is full of possibilities for people who are in recovery. We highly recommend traveling to SpringBoard to anyone who is unsure about what path they should take for addiction treatment.
Will Health Insurance Companies Pay for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Another State?
Many people are unaware that their health insurance provider offers benefits to help cover the cost of addiction treatment. This is indicated by the Affordable Care Act, which requires this type of coverage. They are further surprised to learn that their health insurance may cover the cost of going to rehab out of town, or even out of state.
At SpringBoard Recovery, we frequently work with people who come to us from all over the United States. We are in-network with many of the top health insurance providers in the country. We recommend allowing us to verify benefits for anyone who is interested in getting treatment at our facility. This allows us to maximize their coverage to ensure that they pay as little out of pocket as possible.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Statistics in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Milwaukee County
Drug and alcohol abuse is increasing in Milwaukee, as well as in other cities in Milwaukee County. So many people have lost hope that they will recover. It can be helpful to take a look at how prevalent addiction is in this area by reading the most recent statistics.
According to the Milwaukee County Community Health Survey Report that was submitted in 2018:
- In 2006, 19% of people in the county admitted to binge drinking at least once per month.
- By 2018, that had gone up to 32%.
- 2% of people stated that alcohol created problems in their households.
- 27% of people believe that illegal drug use or the illicit use of prescription drugs was their top health concern.
- 15% stated mental health was their top health concern for their community.
- 9% stated that alcohol use or abuse was their top health concern.
- 22% of people stated that they had consumed alcohol excessively within the last month.
- 2% of people in the community stated that cocaine, heroin or other street drugs had caused problems in their homes in the last year.
- 1% stated that the misuse of prescription or OTC drugs caused problems in their homes in the last year.
Milwaukee Health Care also released a Community Health Needs Assessment for 2018-2019. Their statistics show that:
- 32% of survey respondents stated that they had participated in binge drinking within the last month.
- Since 2006, binge drinking rates among women have increased from 10% to 32%.
- This puts them on par with men.
- The State of Wisconsin reports the highest rate of binge drinking in the United States, and it has been that way for many years.
- Only 30% of people in Milwaukee County believe that alcohol use contributes negatively to their overall health.
SpringBoard Recovery has helped hundreds of people to get off of heroin & get their lives back on track.
Are There a Lot of Substance Abuse Treatment Programs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 68 drug and alcohol addiction recovery programs within 25 miles of Milwaukee. Among these programs:
- 8 of them are long-term treatment facilities.
- 3 of them provide inpatient detox services.
- 56 of them offer outpatient rehab and therapy.
- 26 of them are facilities that provide medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
- 29 of them have intensive outpatient treatment programs.
- 14 of them have partial hospitalization programs.
- 9 of them offer outpatient detox.
- 8 of them offer hospital inpatient treatment, including detox.
- 12 of them are inpatient rehab centers.
- 33 of them provide telehealth services.
- 5 of them are sober living homes or halfway houses.
What to Expect During Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Milwaukee
When people are nervous about going to an addiction treatment facility, it can help them to know what to expect. There are a lot of options available for drug and alcohol rehab in Milwaukee. It is always a good idea to get a professional recommendation before choosing a level of care.
Milwaukee Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs
Not all drugs require people to go through the detoxification process, but many of them do. This is because of how severe withdrawal symptoms can become. Drug and alcohol detox can help by lessening the severity of withdrawal. This makes recovering an easier process and it also increases the likelihood that the individual will be successful long-term.
There are several facilities in Milwaukee that offer medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for people who are recovering from opioid or alcohol addiction. This is something we highly recommend because it has been shown to be very effective. It combines the use of FDA-approved medications with behavioral therapy to help people feel better faster and prepare for rehab.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Centers and Long-Term Rehab
Inpatient rehab is one of the most common ways people begin getting addiction treatment. Patients come to a facility and stay there for 28 days while they get the help they need. They participate in individual, group and family therapy sessions, have therapeutic activities and much more.
Inpatient rehab offers people the time they need to recovery, but it may not always be enough for everyone. In cases like those, long-term rehab is recommended, which allows people to stay for several months at a time if they need to.
Outpatient Rehab and Therapy in Milwaukee
Outpatient rehabilitation programs can be an effective way for people to recover from addiction. They do not always work for everyone, and can work well for those with a lot of support at home. There are three main types of outpatient treatment and they are:
- Intensive outpatient programs, which involve coming to treatment 3-5 evenings per week. Clients receive therapy during that time and may be required to submit to periodic drug testing.
- Partial hospitalization programs, which are also called day treatment programs. PHPs operate during the day and clients participate as often as 5-7 days per week.
- Outpatient rehab, which typically only involves individual counseling sessions with a therapist. Clients may come to appointments as much as 3 times per week. This level of care might not work as well for those who are new to rehab.
Additional Options for Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery and Support in Milwaukee
There are also other ways for people to get the support they need for recovery in Milwaukee. They include the following.
Sober Living Homes
When a person does not have solid support at home, it can be hard for them to recover from addiction. Sober living homes provide safe living environments for people who are in recovery. Residents must pay rent (unless it is covered by their insurance), attend treatment and contribute to the home in some way.
12-Step Meetings and Support Groups
Find Out More About Milwaukee Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers and Other Available Options
At SpringBoard Recovery, we believe that no one should have to recover from addiction without support. We are here to help anyone from Milwaukee, Wisconsin so they can finally achieve their goal of recovering from drug or alcohol abuse.
Would you like more information about the drug and alcohol rehab options in Milwaukee, or about traveling to SpringBoard Recovery for addiction treatment? Please contact us today.