People who are struggling with drug or alcohol addictions have resources available to them that will support them to make a full recovery from their addiction. In Minnesota, there are resources readily available to help people get on the road to recovery. There are rehabs, outpatient treatment programs, inpatient treatment programs, and other resources that provide support and encouragement. In addition to rehab, there are also 12 Step Meetings that have proven to be effective in helping people stay the course. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous have helped many people all over the world keep their sobriety.
There are cities in Minnesota that have these 12 Step Meetings and rehab facilities for people struggling with addictions. We are inviting you to locate a city and click on the link to find out what is available to you.
Are You Considering Going to a Minnesota Drug and Alcohol Treatment Program?
People struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction can not quit on their own. They need the support of a quality alcohol and drug rehab program to get support, accountability, and professional help in order to get on the right path to recovery. We are not built to do life alone. When there is an addiction issue, people cannot get on the recovery path alone. It does not matter what type of addiction you are suffering from; the help you need is readily available to you.
While 12-Step programs like AA and NA are beneficial to those who have begun their journey and have some sobriety accomplished already, people new to recovery need more support than what 12 Step programs can give them. 12 Step programs offer peer support and a personal sponsor; which are essential for maintaining the sobriety that has already been achieved. People new to recovery need to consider rehab and programs that will help them get some freedom from their addiction before starting a 12 Step program.
When people are new to recovery, we understand that they have many questions about their treatment options and about the various facilities that are available. People have their own life events that have led them to their addiction. They also have reached the lowest point in their lives which has led them to seek professional help and care. There is a team of qualified staff here at SpringBoard Recovery that is prepared to help answer the questions that you may have concerning what we offer to our patients. We are here to help you start on your journey to a full recovery. Once we are contacted by you, we will work with your insurance company and work out all the details. You will be fully informed by us of any out of pocket expenses you may be responsible to cover while you are in our facility for treatment. We will take you through the admissions process and intake process in which you will be given questionnaires to fill out that will help inform your treatment team of what your personal needs are. You will also be given a complete medical examination to determine your medical needs at admission time. Our goal is to meet the physical, emotional, and mental needs of our patients. We treat the whole person and want to ensure that they are healthy in every way.
Minnesota Alcohol and Drug Detox Centers
It is important for the addict to realize that the first step to recovery is to go through a detox program. People seeking to stop using a drug need professional help. When people stop using drugs; they often will have withdrawal symptoms, some withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous. Withdrawal symptoms can also cause aches and pains.
In Drugs such as marijuana or hallucinogens, withdrawal symptoms are not as severe as they are in opioids and other drugs. Since withdrawal symptoms can be so severe in some drugs, we recommend people always seek the help of medical professionals when beginning the detox process. They should never just cold turkey go off a drug on their own.
People need to go through the detoxification process before they can start rehab. When people finally come to the decision that they are not going to use drugs anymore, that is something to be celebrated but they need to know they need help. This is because the body gets dependent on the substances, and when they are removed, it can present a shock to their body.
Drug and Alcohol Detox in Minnesota
Patients will first enter a drug detox program before going into rehab. The purpose of detox is to completely rid the body of the drug it has become dependent on, so they can return to living their everyday lives without the drug. First, it is important that they go through the detoxification process to rid their bodies of the dependence on drugs before they deal with the psychological (the mental dependence). When coming off the drug, they may undergo the following withdrawal symptoms:
- Intense craving for the drug.
- Muscle aches and pains
- Brain fog and confusion
- Difficulty sleeping
- Memory problems
- Shakiness in the extremities
- Nausea and vomiting
- Symptoms of depression
- Symptoms of anxiety
When people take this very important first step to detox, they will need medical help and round the clock supervision. The amount of support they need will be dependent on the type of drug and withdrawal symptoms they are experiencing. It is during the detox process that many people end up relapsing if they do not obtain the proper medical support.
Patients can profit greatly from the following programs to help them get through the detoxification process. The option chosen for them with the help of a treatment team is dependent on the severity of the addiction.
- Medical Detox– is necessary with drugs that present with severe withdrawal symptoms. During Medical Detox, the patient is given a thorough exam to establish the quality of their overall health. Patients have round the clock medical care and supervision. Patients are given some detox medications to help alleviate severe symptoms. Patients are given support and encouragement in making dietary changes and nutritional supplements are provided to help in overall health. Once the detoxification process has been completed, patients are given medical clearance to go into a rehab facility to start their journey to a full recovery from their addiction.
- Medication Assisted Treatment– is necessary for alcohol and opioids addiction. Methadone and Suboxone are often prescribed to patients with opioid addictions. These prescribed drugs can help lessen the severe withdrawals that patients experience when they stop using opioids. MAT is a combination of using FDA approved medications along with counseling and behavioral therapy.
- Holistic detox and care – Holistic detox involves the use of more natural treatments to rid the body of toxins instead of medications.
Many people are astonished when they discover that they need to detox off of alcohol addiction. They did not know that they could experience such severe withdrawal symptoms from alcohol. Some serious complications can occur. Complications such as delirium tremens, which is a severe form of alcohol withdrawal that involves unforeseen and critical mental or nervous system changes. It can occur when people suddenly stop drinking alcohol after a period of heavy drinking, especially if they do not have food in their stomachs. When people are heavily drinking, they often will forget to eat. Delirium tremens occur most often when people are heavy drinkers such as; 4 to 5 pints of wine, 7 to 8 pints of beer, or 1 pint of “hard” alcohol every day for months, and for people who have struggled with alcohol addiction for more than 10 years.
The following are some symptoms associated with delirium tremens:
- Extreme exhaustion
- Delirium or sudden, severe confusion
- Sudden changes in mental functioning
- Sleep that can last for 24 hours or longer
- Body tremors
- Vulnerability to sound, light and touch
Some people also can develop seizures as they go through severe alcohol withdrawal. Detoxing from alcohol should never be done without getting medical help and support.
How Many Addiction Detox Programs are Located in Minnesota?
The SAMHSA Treatment Locator tool claims that there are 25 detox treatment centers in Minnesota. These detox treatment centers are beneficial in helping people come off drugs and alcohol.
How Many Drug Treatment Centers are Located in Minnesota?
There are 399 drug treatment centers located in Minnesota. These treatment centers offer the following levels of care for their patients.
- 68 Sober Living Homes, half-way housing, transitional housing
- 65 Outpatient day treatment or partial hospitalization
- 125 Residential Treatment
- 228 telehealth services
- 259 intensive outpatient services
- 2 hospital inpatient
- 101 long term residential
- 283 regular outpatient treatment
- 73 short term residential
There are 399 drug treatment centers in Minnesota. It is vital that people suffering from alcohol addiction come to terms with the fact that they need rehabilitation after they have been through the detoxification process. They may feel that they have control over their alcohol addiction. They need to understand that alcohol is a drug that can be addictive for many people. It is crucial that they are aware of the root causes of their addiction to alcohol. They need to come to the root so they can deal with it so they can move forward in their recovery. If the root is not dealt with they will not get past their addiction. They need to receive the individual therapy and group therapy that they are offered in rehab.
Many times people that have suffered from alcohol addiction have a dual diagnosis and it is crucial for both conditions to be treated. Frequently the other diagnosis is depression or anxiety. The patient can meet with a psychologist to be prescribed medication that can be effective in treating depression and/or anxiety. Patients must work along with a psychologist to determine the right medication and dose that will effectively treat their depression, anxiety, or other mental illness.
Some people feel it is best for them to get far away from home to start their journey to recovery. They find that it is easier for them to focus on their recovery when they are not faced with familiar surroundings. Here are various reasons people choose to travel away from home for their journey to sobriety:
- People want to start on their journey right away. If they are willing to travel, they have a better chance of getting a space in a rehab facility quicker. It can take 3 to 4 months to get a bed.
- A new environment is supportive. They will be around like-minded people who are desiring total freedom from their addiction. They are able to get away from those old triggers that can easily cause people to relapse.
- They can get away from everyday stressors, so they are able to put themselves first and stay focused on their recovery needs. People rarely have the opportunity to focus on themselves.
- If people feel that their stories will be put out there in public they will shut down and not share openly. Since they are so far from home, they feel safe to share.
- It is crucial that they locate a program that is in-network with their health insurance company. This is very important because it can keep out-of-pocket costs down as low as possible.
It is not surprising to learn that Arizona has become a popular location for people in need of drug and alcohol treatment. Since Arizona has a nice climate year-round, it is an appealing place to get away to in order to focus on recovery. At SpringBoard Recovery in Arizona, there are many options available to help people who are seeking recovery.
Learn More About Getting Addiction Treatment and Support in Minnesota
At SpringBoard Recovery, we offer one of the best drug and alcohol treatment programs in Arizona. We know that making the decision to move far from home can be extremely hard. We have staff that are highly qualified professionals who will give you the top care, even if you are traveling to Arizona from Minnesota for rehab.
Once people complete a rehab program, we also provide residential care for those who are not able to return home because home is a toxic place for them. Many of our clients choose to stay in our sober living home while they attend treatment. They are able to work while staying in a safe and supportive environment.
Please consider our treatment programs. We can answer your questions about addiction treatment or recovery meetings in Minnesota or Arizona? Please contact us today.