Many times when people are seeking recovery from a drug or alcohol addiction; they do not know where to go for support and information. It is crucial for them to know their options for treatment local and out of state. Patients who have participated in rehab, also find it helpful to participate in 12 step meetings. The peer support and encouragement from people who have maintained years of sobriety have benefited them greatly.Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous have helped many people all over the world.
There are many cities in Illinois that have rehab options and 12 step meetings to help people to get free from their drug and/or alcohol addiction. The following is a list of cities that have treatment facilities and programs that will enable people with addictions to recover and live a healthy life completely free of drugs. There are resources accessible to people who are seeking help in these cities. We put out an invitation to you to locate a city and click on the link.
Illinois Addiction Recovery Resources by City
Are You Considering Going to a Drug and Alcohol Treatment Program in Illinois?
There are numerous reasons that people with drug or alcohol addiction should seek treatment for their addiction. They need the support, accountability, and professional care that treatment programs can offer them. They cannot quit on their own. When people first start to quit using, the severe withdrawal symptoms they experience often cause them to relapse back into using. Medical help can reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms.
Twelve-step programs are useful to people when they complete a rehab program. However, people new to recovery need more support, encouragement, and professional care than a 12 step program can provide for them. These programs offer help and support from peers who have years of sobriety under their belt.
We are here to help answer questions that people may have about recovery. People have their own life events that have led them down the destructive path of addiction. They also have their own circumstances in which they have hit bottom that has given them the aspiration to get better. There are experts standing by here at SpringBoard Recovery that are prepared to answer the questions that you may have concerning what we provide to our patients. We are here to help give you a strong start to your journey. Once you contact us, we will work with your insurance company and work out all the details. We will notify you of any out of pocket expenses you may have to manage. We will take you through the admissions process and intake process in which you will be given questionnaires to answer so we receive information on how to best meet your personal needs so we can give you the care you deserve. You will also be given a complete medical examination to discover your medical needs at admission time. Our objective is to meet the physical, emotional, and mental needs of all our patients.
Illinois Alcohol and Drug Detox Centers
The first step to recovery is to successfully get through a detox program. People seeking to come off a drug need medical and professional help to do so. When people stop using drugs; they often will have severe withdrawal symptoms, which can be dangerous. Withdrawal symptoms can also cause relapse because there is so much pain and discomfort.
In certain drugs such as marijuana or hallucinogens, withdrawal symptoms are mild compared to withdrawal symptoms produced by opioids and other drugs. Since withdrawal symptoms can be so severe in some drugs, we advocate for people to always seek the help of medical professionals when beginning the detox process.
The detoxification process is the first step to recovery. People must go through detoxification before they can proceed to the next step of their recovery, which is rehab for many addicts. This is for their own safety. Even though stopping the use of drugs and alcohol is one of the best decisions a person can make, and family members are filled with hope when their loved one makes this decision, it is too dangerous to go at it alone. This is because the body gets physically dependent on those substances, and when the substance is quickly removed, it can cause their body to go into shock.
Drug and Alcohol Detox in Illinois
Patients will complete a drug detox program and then they will receive medical clearance to go into a rehab facility. The purpose of detox is to cleanse the body of the toxins produced by the drugs, so they can function normally without them. First, it is necessary for them to deal with the physical dependence on drugs before they can deal with the psychological dependence on the drug. During drug detox, they will experience withdrawal symptoms such as:
- Intense craving for the drug.
- Muscle aches and pains
- Brain fog and confusion
- Difficulty sleeping
- Memory problems
- Shakiness in the extremities
- Nausea and vomiting
- Symptoms of depression
- Symptoms of anxiety
When people make the life-changing decision to stop using drugs, they will need support from medical professionals. The extent of support they need is dependent on the severity of the drug addiction and withdrawal symptoms they are experiencing.
Many detox programs offer the following benefits to their patients. The option chosen for them is dependent on the severity of the addiction and withdrawal symptoms.
- Medical Detox– is for patients who are addicted to drugs that cause severe withdrawal symptoms. During Medical Detox patients are given a complete medical exam to inform the medical team of their overall health. A safe and supportive environment is provided by staff that are caring and knowledgeable. Patients are given round the clock medical care and supervision. When the withdrawal symptoms become severe, they are given prescription medication to help alleviate the discomfort and pain. While in detox they receive guidance in making dietary changes and nutritional supplements are provided to aid in improving their overall health. Once the detoxification process has been successfully completed, they acquire medical clearance to move into a rehab facility so they will receive the psychological care they need to maintain a life of sobriety.
- Medication Assisted Treatment– is necessary for alcohol and opioids addiction. Methadone and Suboxone are sometimes prescribed to patients with opioid addictions to help with the severe withdrawal symptoms during detox. These drugs when taken as directed can help lessen the more severe opioid withdrawals. MAT is a combination of using FDA approved medications with counseling and behavioral therapy.
- Holistic detox and care – provides non-medical help and support to detox the body, such as nutritional therapy and exercise.
People are bewildered when they discover that they need to detox off of alcohol addiction. They did not foresee that they would experience such severe withdrawal symptoms. Many complications can develop when people abruptly stop using alcohol. Complications such as delirium tremens, which is a severe form of alcohol withdrawal that involves unexpected and serious mental or nervous system changes. It can occur when people stop drinking alcohol after a period of heavy drinking especially if addicts have not eaten. When people are heavily drinking, they often have no appetite for food and these symptoms worsen when people have not eaten. Delirium tremens occur most often when people are heavy drinkers such as; 4 to 5 pints of wine, 7 to 8 pints of beer, or 1 pint of “hard” alcohol every day for months, and for people who have strived with alcohol addiction for more than 10 years.
Some of the symptoms of Delirium Tremens are:
- Extreme exhaustion
- Delirium or sudden, severe confusion
- Sudden changes in mental functioning
- Sleep that can last for 24 hours or longer
- Body tremors
- Vulnerability to sound, light and touch
Some people also develop seizures when they go through severe alcohol withdrawal. Since anyone can experience these severe and dangerous withdrawal symptoms it is critical that they seek medical support before beginning detoxification from alcohol.
How Many Addiction Detox Programs are Located in Illinois?
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are 116 detox programs located in Illinois. These treatment centers include both inpatient or outpatient programs. The type of treatment each patient will benefit from the most will be determined by the health care professionals.
There are 726 drug rehab programs in Illinois. They offer the following levels of care:
- There are 70 sober living homes, transitional living, half-way houses.
- There are 343 programs that offer telehealth services.
- There are 665 facilities that offer outpatient services.
- There are 18 inpatient treatment centers.
- There are 83 partial hospitalization programs or outpatient day treatment.
- There are 421 intensive outpatient programs.
- There are 52 facilities that provide long-term rehabilitation services.
- There are 10 inpatient hospitals.
Traveling to Arizona from Illinois for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Many people are finding that it is helpful to leave their home state and travel out of state for treatment. They find that they are able to focus more on their recovery when they are not in familiar surroundings. Here are various reasons people choose to travel away from home for their journey to a full recovery from addiction:
- When people decide it is time for them to begin their journey, they do not want to wait for 3 to 4 months for an opening at a facility. They realize they have a better chance of starting quicker if they are willing to travel away from home.
- A new environment is beneficial for their overall outlook on life. They meet other people who, like them, want a better life. They will have encouragement and support from each other. Being able to get away from people and places that trigger their desire for the drug is very helpful at the beginning of their journey. Being in a new environment can lessen the chances of a relapse.
- They are able to get away from everyday life stressors. This is important because people have a habit of spending more time focusing on what others need and not on themselves. They put their own needs last.
- When people are far away from home, they have more confidence to share their stories. If people feel that their stories will get back to their neighbors or people they work with, they will shut down and not have the confidence to share openly. Being far from home may help people who normally would shut down and not have the confidence to freely share their stories.
- It is important that they find a program that is in-network with their health insurance company. This is of utmost importance because it can keep out-of-pocket costs down as low as possible.
It should not be shocking to discover that Arizona has become a popular location for people in need of drug and alcohol treatment. Since the weather is perfect year-round, it is an attractive place to get away to in order to focus on recovery. At SpringBoard Recovery in Arizona, there are many options available to help people who to recover from an addiction.
Learn More About Getting Addiction Treatment and Support in Illinois
At SpringBoard Recovery, we offer quality care in our drug and alcohol treatment programs in Arizona. We know it can be a grueling decision to travel far from home to find quality medical and professional care so you can be fully focused on your recovery. We are staffed with qualified experts who will give you the finest care, even if you are traveling to Arizona from Illinois for rehab.
When you get discharged from rehab, we also provide residential care for those who came from a toxic environment and should not return to it. Many of our clients choose to stay in our sober living home while they continue to receive treatment in Arizona. They are able to work a job while staying in an environment in which they receive the support, accountability, and care they need.
Please consider our treatment programs. We will be happy to answer any of your questions about addiction detoxification, treatment or recovery meetings in Illinois or Arizona? Please contact us today.