Drug and alcohol recovery programs can be easy to find in the city of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and the surrounding area for those looking for rehab. There are several excellent options available, which is good for individuals struggling with addiction.
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we often work with people living in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota region. We understand that at times, people prefer to travel to a new place for their treatment. We provide everything a person needs to help make their treatment successful as they work towards sobriety.
We want to provide drug and alcohol treatment resources to those living in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area. We also want to discuss what SpringBoard Recovery can offer for treatment options, all while providing a safe and secure place for recovery.
Traveling from Sioux Falls to SpringBoard Recovery
There are several reasons why a person might choose to travel to a different city for their drug or alcohol treatment. Perhaps their home environment supports substance abuse behaviors. Triggers in a home and surrounding areas can cause a person to relapse, hindering their recovery. Recovery and sobriety can be a person’s new lease on life, with this can come the desire for a person to start their new life in a new place too.
SpringBoard Recovery offers the best drug and alcohol abuse treatment options available in Arizona. We have several different treatment options available, including sober living houses for people to stay in as they are going through treatment and recovery.
Traveling from Sioux Falls to Scottsdale has many different benefits for a person looking to start rehab.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Minnehaha County’s Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
Drug or alcohol addiction can be a very scary and confusing place for an individual who is struggling. The person might feel alone, with no answers to be found. Just like other cities in America, the city of Sioux Falls is struggling with substance abuse problems. In 2012 a survey stated that:
- 46% of residents saw alcohol abuse as the top unhealthy behavior occurring in the city.
- 33% of individuals considered substance abuse a significant problem that the city was facing.
According to the 2019 Sioux Falls Community Health Needs Assessment:
- In 2018, the Sioux Falls Police Department seized:
- 91.42 pounds of Marijuana
- 56.32 pounds of Meth
- 8.44 pounds of Heroin
- 517.09 grams of Cocaine
- In 2018, the Sioux Falls Police Department saw a significant increase in meth and heroin.
- The city’s excessive drinking rate is 19.9%, with the state of South Dakota ranking 37th in the nation for excessive drinking with a 20.2% rate.
- 38% of individuals average four drinks per day when they do drink.
- 21% of people binge drink on an average of two times each week, with 14% binge drinking once a week.
- 6.4% of South Dakota youth admitted to the use of marijuana.
- South Dakota’s overdose mortality rate is six deaths per 100,000 residents. Minnehaha county’s rate is 7.5 deaths per every 100,000.
- The rates of substance abuse problems for individuals living in South Dakota includes”
- 15.9% of individuals are dealing with drug addiction.
- 30.3% of individuals are dealing with alcohol addiction.
- 53.8% of individuals are dealing with both a drug and alcohol addiction.
- In 2018, it was reported that the top five substances that the Sioux Police Department are fighting against are:
- Prescription Pills
Getting and staying sober is very challenging, but with the right support network and tools, it's completely attainable.
How Many Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs are in Sioux Falls, South Dakota?
According to the SAMHSA locator, there are 17 rehabilitation treatment centers within a 25-mile radius of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Each offers a variety of different kinds of treatment including:
- One is an inpatient hospital program, this hospital also offers drug detoxification.
- One provides partial hospitalization.
- Two offer outpatient detoxification options.
- Three provide detoxification treatment.
- Three offer residential services.
- Four are transitional or halfway houses.
- Five provide inpatient treatment services.
- Nine offer telehealth services.
- Fourteen provide outpatient services.
Overview: What To Expect From Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sioux Falls, South Dakota is located on the banks of the Big Sioux River and is the most populated city in the state of South Dakota. Surrounded by rolling hills, Sioux Falls can offer a wonderful and restful place for a person looking for drug or alcohol rehabilitation.
So, what does a typical drug or alcohol rehabilitation look like?
Detoxification: The First Step in Recovery
Recommended and considered the first step in a person’s addiction recovery, the detoxification process is incredibly important in a person’s treatment.
Detox addresses the physical side of addiction. It cleanses the person’s body from the substance they have been abusing over time. The length of the detox is determined by several things, including the length of abuse and substance that has been abused. It is only after an individual goes through a detox that they are ready to begin actual treatment. There are several kinds of detoxes that a person can choose from.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment: Oftentimes, this detox treatment is favored by doctors. This detox uses FDA-approved medications to aid in a person’s detox and help with the withdrawal symptoms.
- Holistic Treatments: This happens when a person chooses to add holistic elements, like meditation, yoga, or art therapy with traditional detox treatments.
It is never recommended to stop a substance cold-turkey, especially without medical supervision.
After the detox, and the patient is medically cleared, the next step in recovery is rehabilitation. There are a couple of treatment options, including inpatient rehab.
Inpatient rehab is when an individual chooses to stay at a facility during their time in treatment. Oftentimes, patients will stay for 28-days, while some may stay longer. During a person’s time in rehab, they will focus on the mental side of the addiction. They will be surrounded not only by medical professionals to support them, but also other individuals who are also working towards recovery. They will spend time in different kinds of therapies like:
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Contingency Management Intervention
Inpatient rehab also offers group therapy and family sessions for the individual.
At times, people are unable to put their lives on hold to attend an inpatient facility, so the next best option is outpatient rehab. Just like inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab offers a variety of different kinds of treatment to help meet the needs of the individual. Some of these treatments include:
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization Programs
- Traditional Outpatient Rehab and Therapy
As a person decides which treatment is best for them, it is always important to speak with a medical professional.
What other treatment options are there in Sioux Falls, South Dakota?
Additionally to inpatient and outpatient treatments, there are also several treatment options and support groups happening in and around Sioux Falls, South Dakota for those searching for continued support.
Peer-led support groups like, Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, are both excellent resources for those who are struggling with addiction. Both of the groups have meetings throughout the week in and around Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Not only do they provide a safe place for individuals working through their recovery, but a support system as well.
Sober Living Homes
While sober living homes usually do not provide treatment, they offer a safe place for people who are working through their recovery. Oftentimes, these homes have set rules for the people to follow while living there. It creates a supportive environment for those who are either working through treatment or have completed their treatment and are getting back on their feet. As stated earlier, there are four sober living homes located in and around Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
About Our Addiction Treatment Facility in Arizona
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we can help make the transition from Sioux Falls, South Dakota to Arizona easy for each individual. Not only do we provide the best in addiction treatment, but we also have sober living homes for individuals needing a place to stay. We understand the choices that can come with choosing to enter treatment and are here to help.
Traveling from Sioux Falls, South Dakota to Arizona can be incredibly beneficial to those looking to start their treatment.
Will Insurance Cover the Cost of Addiction Treatment Out of State?
We understand that every insurance company is different and provides different benefits to each individual. Most insurances do cover their policyholders no matter where they are. We are here to help and figure that out though. We encourage our future patients to let us verify their insurance, in order to know exactly what is covered.
Learn More About Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment in Arizona
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we understand those who are struggling with an addiction. We care for both the individuals and their families, wanting to see them get the help they need and deserve. While there are many good treatment options in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, there are many good reasons for someone to travel to a different place, like Arizona, for their treatment too.
If you or a loved one is ready to take the steps towards recovery, contact us today. We are here to help!