People who are in search of alcohol and drug rehab in Manchester, New Hampshire will find that there are several options available to them. But people are often reluctant to get help for substance abuse or addiction because they do not know what to expect.
At SpringBoard Recovery, we have worked with many people from Manchester, New Hampshire, even though we are in Arizona. We have come to find that a lot of people would rather travel away from home to get the help they need to recover from addiction. Our program provides them with all the tools they need to get and stay clean and sober.
“As the co-founder of SpringBoard Recovery, I could not be more honored to have Robert representing us as CEO. Appointing him to this position aligns with our goal of excellence. He brings a wealth of knowledge to our organization, and has proven to be an effective leader. We are extremely fortunate and excited to have someone of Robert’s caliber on our team.”
– Laura Nuss, Co-Founder of SpringBoard Recovery
Traveling to Arizona From Manchester, NH to Rehab at SpringBoard Recovery
Traveling out-of-state to attend a drug and alcohol rehab can have a lot of benefits. For example:
- Some people may be professionals who do not want to risk seeing people they know when they go to rehab.
- Triggers are everywhere, and it can be hard to escape them by going to rehab in one’s own city.
- Some people need a fresh start in a new place, so traveling for rehab can help with that.
- With some health insurance companies, it can actually be more cost-effective to go to rehab in a different city or state.
Arizona is a beautiful state with scenic views and a relaxing atmosphere for addiction recovery. SpringBoard Recovery is located in Scottsdale, and we welcome clients in from the Manchester area as well as many other cities all over the country.
Traveling from Bridgeport to Arizona for rehab has a lot of benefits, and it is something for everyone to consider.
Does Health Insurance Cover the Cost of Drug and Alcohol Rehab in a Different State?
People are often curious about whether their health insurance will cover the cost of rehab in a different state, and for good reason. It can be expensive to get addiction treatment, and people should make sure it is covered if they choose to travel to get the help they need.
At SpringBoard Recovery, we work with people all over the United States, and we work with their insurance companies too. We highly encourage everyone to verify their benefits with us so that we can maximize them to cover the cost of their treatment.
Manchester, New Hampshire and Hillsborough County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Statistics
There are a lot of people in the Manchester area – as well as in Hillsborough County as a whole – who need drug and alcohol rehab. Substance abuse is increasing, and there are so many people in the area who need to know that there is hope for recovery.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment from SNHS that was released in June 2020:
- Many parents are actively using drugs, are in treatment programs, in jail or prison, or have passed away becauses of their drug use.
- There is an increased need for quality mental health services in the area.
- 7.7% of people believe that substance abuse services are lacking in Hillsborough County.
- 15.4% of people believe that mental health services are lacking.
- 11.8% of people believe that their mental health is a barrier to them becoming self-sufficient.
The Community Health Needs Assessment from 2018 that was provided by Monadnock Community Hospital also offers the following statistics:
- The youth remains at risk for drug abuse and addiction, and the assessment cites the following risk factors:
- Many have tried marijuana before the age of 13.
- Many believe that using marijuana occasionally is harmless, and the greatest risk is among those who use it once or twice a week.
- Many believe that their friends think it would be wrong or very wrong for them to stop using marijuana.
- In 2018, there were 30.2 deaths due to drug overdoses for every 100,000 people in Hillsborough County.
- 17.9% of people drink alcohol excessively in the county.
- In 2016, there were 437 opioid-related overdose deaths in the State of New Hampshire.
- Hillsborough County has identified mental illnesses, alcohol and drug abuse as the primary health issues of concern.
One phone call can set you on the road to recovery & help you get your life back on track
How Many Addiction Treatment Programs are There in Manchester, New Hampshire?
SAMHSA indicates that there are 39 drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs within 25 miles of Manchester, New Hampshire. They all offer various levels of care, and the breakdown is as follows:
- 12 offer detox services.
- 3 are sober living homes.
- 18 offer telehealth services.
- 2 provide hospital inpatient treatment.
- 32 are outpatient rehab programs.
- 9 are residential inpatient facilities.
- 9 offer partial hospitalization programs.
- 14 provide intensive outpatient treatment.
- 6 offer long-term rehab.
- 6 of them have SAMHSA-certified opioid treatment programs.
What Happens During Manchester Drug and Alcohol Rehab Programs?
When people are nervous about going to rehab, it can help to know what to expect. The type of treatment that is recommended will be different for everyone, and it is based on their needs.
Detox in Manchester: Treatment for Withdrawal
There are several detox programs available in Manchester, New Hampshire, and they offer both inpatient and outpatient services. We highly recommend for people to go through the detoxification process on an outpatient basis because stopping the use of drugs and alcohol carries serious risks.
Detoxing is a way to help the body recover from the physical aspect of addiction. It helps with withdrawal symptoms and can help the individual prepare for rehab.
While there are many options available for detox, people who are addicted to alcohol or opioids are typically recommended for medication-assisted treatment (MAT). This combines the use of behavioral therapy and medications that have been FDA-approved specifically for these types of withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient Rehab Centers in Manchester
Inpatient rehab typically refers to 28-day treatment programs; although there are long-term rehab options that allow patients to stay longer. Many of these facilities also offer detox in-house, which is very convenient and therapeutic for patients.
During inpatient rehab, patients participate in various types of therapy, including individual, family and group sessions.
Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Programs
There are several options available for outpatient rehab in the Manchester area. But please keep in mind that they are not all beneficial for someone who has never had treatment before. The last two on this list can work well for some individuals who are new to recovery:
Additional Options for Addiction Recovery Support in the Manchester, NH Area
Professional treatment is not all that is available to people who live in Manchester. There are also other ways for people to get support as they work to recover from their drug and alcohol addictions.
12-Step Meetings and Support Groups
Going to a 12-Step meeting can be very helpful to people who are in recovery. Manchester offers the following support groups:
12-Step meetings and support groups do not offer professional support, and this is important for people to know. Instead, they offer peer support and all meetings are organized and run by people in recovery. For that reason, they can be a great resource for people who are in need of group therapy as a part of their follow-up care.
Sober Living Homes
People who are recovering from drug and alcohol addiction often do not live in the best environments. They may live with others who use substances, or their surroundings may be triggers that cause them to use. Sober living homes provide a solution for safe housing for those who are in recovery.
Residents typically have to pay rent to live in sober living homes, although some health insurance companies may cover the cost. Residents must attend an outpatient treatment program and abide by all house rules.
Get Additional Information About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Manchester: Know Your Options
At SpringBoard Recovery, we are dedicated to providing a therapeutic and healing atmosphere for our clients. We know how hard it is to recover from alcohol and drug addiction, and we aim to do everything we can to help our clients be successful long-term.
If you are in the Manchester, NH area, we want to encourage you to consider SpringBoard Recovery for your treatment needs. We are here to help you, and our team of professionals will come alongside you to equip you to learn how to live without relying on substances.
Do you have questions about going to rehab in Manchester or traveling to Arizona to get the help you need? Please contact us today.