At SpringBoard Recovery, we are proud to offer alcohol and drug addiction recovery services for people who live in St. Paul, Minnesota. A lot of people choose our Arizona facility because they want the chance to get away from bad influences so they can focus on the healing process. Our approach is one that involves abstinence-based drug and alcohol rehab and recovery housing. We are accredited with The Joint Commission and in great standing with the Better Business Bureau. We are also in-network with many health insurance providers in Minnesota.
“At SpringBoard Recovery, we know who we are. We know what we are extremely good at, and that is treating people with substance use disorders – comprehensively and successfully. In doing so, we never lose sight of the actual person we are helping, or the personal hopes and aspirations they have for a future completely free from substance use. It’s passion with purpose, and it’s the reason we exist.”
– Robert Castan, CEO, SpringBoard Recovery
Traveling for Rehab in Arizona from St. Paul, Minnesota
For many people, it makes sense for them to travel away from home to go to drug and alcohol rehab. Arizona is a beautiful state, and its scenic views make for a calm, relaxing and inviting atmosphere for addiction treatment.
Some of the reasons people from St. Paul might want to consider coming to Arizona for rehab include:
- Not finding a local rehab that is in-network with their health insurance.
- Wanting certain types of treatment that may not be available that rehab facilities in their area.
- Desiring to avoid triggers at home that might cause them to abuse drugs and alcohol.
- Needing to leave a potentially dangerous home environment.
- Needing more privacy during rehab because they work with people in the St. Paul community.
SpringBoard Recovery is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. We have everything a person might need when they choose to travel to go to rehab. It is the perfect place for people to get their lives back on track.
Do Health Insurance Plans Cover Addiction Treatment?
People often do not realize it, but health insurance companies are required to provide benefits for drug and alcohol treatment to their customers. This has been the case since 2010 when the Affordable Care Act was passed.
Health insurance companies also provide coverage to people who are seeking rehab services in states other than their own too. What matters most is for the treatment program to be in-network with the insurance company. As we mentioned previously, SpringBoard Recovery is in-network with several of the top health insurance providers in Minnesota.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
There are many people living in St. Paul who are struggling because of their addictions to drugs and alcohol. Statistics provide valuable insight into this ongoing problem.
The HealthEast Community Health Needs Assessment Report from 2015-2018 states that:
- Residents of Ramsey County, where St. Paul is located, believe that mental health and substance abuse are serious concerns among community residents.
- Falls and poisoning are becoming more common in St. Paul due to the increase of prescription drug abuse among the elderly population.
- Improved mental health services need to be among the top priorities of county officials, according to the majority of people in the community.
- Many people in the community state that the inability to access the mental health services they need is a major barrier to getting treatment.
Allina Health United Hospital provided a Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan for 2020-2022. They found that:
- Mental health and substance abuse were priority needs in Ramsey County.
- Goals needed to be set to decrease the stigma of seeking mental health treatment, target adolescent mental health and substance abuse services and improve access to transportation.
And finally, in the Ramsey County Community Health Improvement Plan (2014-2018) it states that:
- Children who have mental health disorders are less likely to graduate and have an increased risk of substance use disorders.
- About 21% of children in Ramsey County have some type of mental health disorder.
- About 11% have some type of mental illness that causes significant functional impairment.
- There is a lack of rehab programs that specialize in treating co-occurring disorders in Ramsey County.
- More young people are abusing prescription drugs in Ramsey County than ever before.
- The number of people dying because of opioid drug overdoses has increased dramatically in the last few years.
- While adult and student binge drinking behaviors have decreased, this issue is still one of major concern in Ramsey County.
Getting and staying sober is very challenging, but with the right support network and tools, it's completely attainable.
Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
According to SAMHSA, there are 86 drug and alcohol treatment centers and other types of support within 10 miles of St. Paul. Among these programs, there are:
- 4 that provide detox services.
- 14 halfway houses or sober living homes.
- 55 that offer telemedicine services.
- 73 outpatient treatment facilities.
- 22 inpatient rehab centers.
- 21 day treatment programs.
- 59 intensive outpatient programs.
- 22 facilities that provide medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
- 18 long-term rehab centers.
What to Expect During Addiction Rehab
Addiction recovery looks different for everyone because people all have their own unique needs. There are different levels of care available in St. Paul in order to meet those needs.
Most people have an idea of what type of addiction treatment they prefer. But we always recommend talking to a professional to get their advice before making a commitment.
Drug and Alcohol Detox in St. Paul
Alcohol and drug detox offers a way for people with addictions to get help for their withdrawal symptoms. When recovering from some types of substance abuse problems, withdrawal can be dangerous, or even fatal. The detoxification process can reduce the risk of complications and help people be more comfortable as they recover.
There are several options available for detox, and they include:
St. Paul Inpatient and Long-Term Rehabilitation Programs
Many people get their start in addiction treatment by going to inpatient rehab. This involves staying at a facility for 28 days while receiving treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. During that time, patients go through detox (upon arrival), and then they begin participating in therapy sessions (individual, family and group).
Long-term rehab programs are best for those who need more time to recover. Patients in these facilities may not have done very well in inpatient treatment in the past, or they may have a history of relapsing. They can stay for several months at a time as they work on recovering from addiction.
Outpatient Therapy and Rehab Options in St. Paul
Not all outpatient rehab options work as well as others for those who are new to treatment. We have found, for example, that most people need more time with staff when they are starting the healing process. This is why we do not recommend outpatient therapy for people who have never been to rehab before. But it can be utilized as a way to follow up.
These are the outpatient rehab programs that are available in St. Paul:
Additional Options for Recovery Support
St. Paul also has other options available for addiction recovery support. For those who do not live in supportive home environments, sober living homes can help. Sober living facilities are only for people who are recovering from drug and alcohol addictions. They offer more structure and a safe place to reside while people get the treatment they need.
Also, people often do well when they attend 12-Step programs or other types of peer support groups. These are not professional programs, but many people have benefited from them over the years. There are different types of support groups, including:
- AA meetings for recovering alcoholics.
- NA meetings for recovering addicts of any kind.
- SMART Recovery meetings, which are not 12-Step based, but take a more scientific approach to addiction treatment.
- Al-Anon meetings, which offer help to families.
- Alateen meetings, which are specifically for teenagers and young people.
Learn More About Addiction Treatment
If you are interested in SpringBoard Recovery’s services for addiction recovery, getting started is easy.
- Verify your insurance by filling out our health insurance verification form or by talking to one of our admissions team members.
- Meet with a clinician to work on creating a treatment plan that meetings your unique needs.
- Stay at one of our sober living homes in Arizona.
- Finish your recovery program.
- Join our Alumni group of people who have successfully completed treatment.
At SpringBoard Recovery, we are here to provide our services to people in St. Paul, Minnesota. There has never been a better time to begin the recovery process. Contact us today to get started or to learn more about your drug and alcohol rehab options in St. Paul.