CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
SMART Recovery in Yuma, Arizona
Addiction can take on many different forms. While most addiction recovery programs focus on drug and alcohol misuse, people with other types of addictions need help, too. Whatever the addiction, Yuma, AZ has several rehab recovery resources in the area for anyone who wants help overcoming their addiction. People should have no trouble finding a meeting in Yuma.
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART (Self-Management And Recovery Training) Recovery is an addiction resource that helps people with any type of addiction. People with addictions to alcohol, drugs, eating disorders, sex addictions and much more can seek help with SMART Recovery. They do not approach recovery with a 12-step program that is used by other groups. They use a scientific approach to teach individuals how to overcome their addiction by changing their behaviors, emotions and thoughts. They teach people to rely on themself and empower themself, rather than confessing to powerlessness.
SMART Recovery has a 4-point program to help people with their addiction. Those are;
- Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Coping with Urges
- Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
- Living a Balanced Life
Meetings for SMART Recovery are free and are offered in cities all over the country multiple times throughout the week. They also offer various virtual options having online meetings daily, 24/7 chat room forums and an online message board.
Yuma, AZ Substance Use Statistics
Yuma is a metropolitan area in the southwestern region of Arizona. Larger cities tend to be more prone to higher substance abuse problems.
The Yuma County Community Health Needs Assessment Report from 2019 reported the following:
- Between 2015-2017, the cirrhosis/liver disease deaths for the county were 13.8 per 100.000. This was an increased rate.
- 18.6% of adults were considered excessive drinkers. This is heavy drinking and/or binge drinking.
- 1.4% of adults said they had driven after having too much to drink in a month’s time period.
- Between 2015-2017, the unintentional drug-related death rate was 14.6 per 100,000. This rate was a significant increase over ten years’ time.
- 1.3% of Yuma County adults used illicit drugs in a one-month time period.
- 4.4% of adults reported having sought some kind of professional alcohol or drug help at some point.
- 39.8% of people have felt a personal impact to some degree by substance abuse, either their own or someone else’s.
- 73.8% of participants in an online survey characterized substance abuse as a major problem in their county.
Recovery Resources in Yuma, AZ
SpringBoard Recovery is dedicated to helping people work toward recovery. For those who need and want help, we want to be able to get them the right resources. Aside from SMART Recovery, there are other organizations with meetings in the Yuma area that individuals might find helpful. Those are:
If you want more information about SMART Recovery meetings in the Yuma, AZ area, please contact us today.