There are many SMART Recovery meetings taking place in Waukesha every week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
SMART Recovery in Waukesha, Wisconsin
When talking about addiction, many people think about drugs and alcohol. However, addiction can come in many different forms and any addiction can be damaging to a person and their loved ones. Waukesha, WI has many rehab recovery resources to help people who are in a cycle of addiction and want help. It is quite easy to find a meeting in Waukesha.
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART Recovery is an organization that helps people overcome all kinds of addictions. These could include addiction to alcohol, drugs, gambling, shopping, and a number of other addictions. SMART is an acronym that stands for Self-Management And Recovery Training.
SMART Recovery does not use a 12-step approach to recovery like other programs. Their goal is to teach people how to change their behaviors, thinking and emotions to attain the goal of stopping their addiction. This is done by teaching self-empowerment and self-reliance as opposed to admitting powerlessness, which is how other groups approach recovery.
Using scientific knowledge, SMART Recovery utilizes a 4-point program to help free people from addiction. Those are;
- Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Coping with Urges
- Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
- Living a Balanced Life
SMART Recovery offers free meetings in various cities across the country. They also have virtual access with daily online meetings, an online message board and chat room forums that are available at all times.
Waukesha, WI Substance Use Statistics
Waukesha, part of the Milwaukee metro area, is a city in Waukesha County. Being part of a large metropolitan area, substance use problems will increase with more people coming and going.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the following statistics were reported for Waukesha County;
- There were 158 alcohol deaths in the county in 2019.
- 90 of these were male, 68 female.
- A majority (92) were among the 65 and over age group followed by ages 45-64 (38), 18-44 (28) and 17 and under (less than 5)
- The number of alcohol deaths has risen every year between 2014 (124) and 2020 (160) with the exception of 2015 that saw a slight decrease.
- For 2014-2019, Waukesha County had the following rates of death: 13.8 per 100,000 from all opioids; 5.7 per 100.000 from heroin; 3.5 per 100,000 from cocaine; 1.6 per 100.000 from meth.
- For the state, there were 6,233 drug overdose deaths from 2014-2019. They included: all opioids (4,778), heroin (1,958), cocaine (1,198) and meth (556). 3.084 of the total deaths involved multiple drugs. All of these except heroin have steadily increased over that time period.
Recovery Resources For Waukesha, WI
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help everyone get the help they need and want. Recovery is attainable and there are people who can help. In addition to SMART Recovery meetings, there are other meetings that could be helpful in the Waukesha area, These are:
If you would like more information about SMART Recovery meetings in the Waukesha, WI area, please contact us today.