12-Step groups like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous can be so helpful for people with alcohol and drug addictions. For those who are not interested in this type of approach, SMART Recovery meetings may be more appealing to them. Families can also get support through Al-Anon and Alateen.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
The Need for NA in Surprise, Arizona
Drug addiction plagues every area of the nation, whether it is a small town or a large city. For people who struggle in Surprise, AZ, there are resources such as Narcotics Anonymous meetings available to help them overcome their addiction. Recovery often seems out of reach for many people because they may not know where to look for help.
When drugs are available everywhere, it can be overwhelming for a person who wants recovery help to know where to find help. Fortunately, there are many resources to guide an individual to the right place and help them toward their recovery goal.
Is There a Drug Misuse Problem in Surprise, AZ?
Surprise is a city in Maricopa County. It is part of the Phoenix metro area.
According to the Maricopa County Government website, the following was reported about about overdose deaths in the county:
- In Maricopa County, there were 1,078 drug overdose deaths in 2019. Most of them involved opioids, meth or alcohol.
- 91% of overdose deaths involved more than one drug.
- 92% of those deaths were accidental.
The Arizona Department of Health Services reports up-to-date statistics for the opioid epidemic in their state.
- As of July 2021, there have been 9.902 opioid deaths in Arizona since June 2017.
- There have been 72,838 opioid overdoses.
- There have been 2,808 cases of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
- 134,063 doses of Naloxone have been dispensed with 38,955 doses administered.
The following are state-wide and national drug-involved overdose death statistics:
- In 2018, there were 1,106 deaths that involved opioids in Arizona.
- 522 of those deaths involved synthetic opioids, not including methadone
- There were 352 deaths involving prescription opioids and 362 involving heroin.
- In Arizona, there were 50.7 opioid prescriptions for every 100 people written by providers.
- In 2018, there were 67,367 drug OD deaths in the US.
- 46,802 of those deaths involved opioids- almost 70%.
- More than 28,400 deaths involved synthetic opioids such as fentanyl (not including methadone). This number continues to rise.
- There were 14,975 prescription opioid deaths and 14, 996 involving heroin.
Recovery Resources for Surprise, Arizona
SpringBoard Recovery offers many people resources every day for their recovery journey. Whatever substance they may be addicted to, we can help them know where to find help, if not at our facility.
Sober Living Homes
One of the ways we can help is by offering sober living homes. These are residential homes for those who are recovering from an addiction. Residents of a sober living home have already been through a rehab program. They are expected to stay sober and follow the rules of the house. This is a good place for someone who is attending NA meetings regularly to stay. This keeps them accountable in a drug-free environment.
Other Area Meetings
Some other Surprise resources that may be helpful are:
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, our first priority is always to help a person who wants to recover from their substance addiction. We will do that in any way we can.
If you would like more information about addiction recovery resources in the Surprise area, please contact us today.