There are many AA meetings being held in St. Cloud every week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE FAMILY MEETINGS
Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon Meetings Happening In and Around St. Cloud, MN
What is Alcoholics Anonymous?
Alcoholics Anonymous or AA is a worldwide peer-led, support group for people who are struggling or have struggled with alcohol addiction. The group is built around mutual support, encouragement, hope, and the idea of living a satisfying life without the use of alcohol. Anyone is welcome to attend AA, with the only requirement being that the person is actively working towards their sobriety.
A few facts about AA:
- It was initially founded in 1939.
- They have a variety of different kinds of meetings based on what the person may need.
- The group follows AA’s 12-Traditions and 12-Steps during their recovery journey.
- Membership is free.
There are several AA meetings happening in and around St. Cloud, MN weekly.
Getting and staying sober is very challenging, but with the right support network and tools, it’s completely attainable.
What is Al-Anon?
Sometimes when a loved one is struggling with an addiction a person does not know what to do. Just like it is important that an addict have a support group, it is important that their loved ones have a support group as well. Al-Anon is just that, a support group for loved ones of those who are struggling with an addiction. The group offers participants encouragement through members who share a similar experience. Al-Anon creates a safe place for those who have loved ones dealing with alcohol addiction.
A few facts about Al-Anon:
- The group dates back to 1939.
- Membership is free.
- The group is designed as an open forum where individuals can share their stories.
- They focus on the idea of “Day to Day,” rather than trying to figure out the complexity of addiction in one sitting.
- The group talks about how a loved one’s addiction affects the entire family and teaches the individual how to play a positive role in the situation.
There are several Al-Anon Meetings happening weekly in St. Cloud, MN.
The Need for Alcohol Abuse Treatment in St. Cloud, MN
The people of St. Cloud, MN may find themselves struggling with alcohol addiction. Located in Benton and Sherburne Counties, the city is no stranger to alcoholism. According to the most recent Community Health Data:
- 29% of 9th graders admitted to drinking at the time the survey was taken.
- 8% of 9th graders admitted to binge drinking at the time the survey was taken.
Get More Information about Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon Meetings in and around St. Cloud, MN
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we understand the complexities of addiction and how it affects both the individual and their loved ones. We want to help support everyone as treatment happens.
Along with information about AA and Al-Anon Meetings happening in and around St. Cloud, MN, you can also find information about different types of meetings also happening weekly:
Contact us today if you or a loved one is ready to make those next steps towards recovery.