There are many NA meetings being held in Saint Paul every week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
The Need for NA in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Narcotics Anonymous holds meetings everyday across the country for people who struggle with drug addiction. The Saint Paul, MN community has many drug addiction recovery resources for people who want help with their addiction. It can be difficult to know where to go or what to do if a person has never been to a meeting. Thankfully, there are many ways for someone to find help.
When a community is able to see what drugs are causing the most problems, they can come up with a plan of action to help their residents. This seems like an insurmountable task but if people will be helped if others keep trying.
Is There a Drug Misuse Problem in Saint Paul, MN?
Saint Paul, the capital of Minnesota, is in Ramsey County. It is the second most populous city in the state.
The 2018 Ramsey County Community Health Assessment reported the following:
- The Ramsey County overdose death rather was higher than other metros counties and higher than the state rate in 2016.
- In 2016, Ramsey County’s death rate per 100,00 was 17.8.
- Most of those deaths involved opioids.
- For Ramsey County youth, the following was reported for marijuana or other drug use in the past year:
- 8th grade: 7% of boys, 5% of girls
- 9th grade: 6% of boys, 6% of girls
- 11th grade: 8% of boys, 5% of girls
- 6.5% of 9th grade boys and 8.8% of 9th grade girls reported marijuana use in the past month.
- The drug most reported being used/misused by youth was over the counter medicines followed by prescription pain relievers.
- There were 34 opioid-related overdose deaths in Ramsey County in 2016.
- The rate of non-fatal opioid-related emergency department visits in 2016 was 70.2 per 100,000.
- There were 28, 534 residents in the county who needed treatment for substance misuse disorder but did not receive it.
- In 2016, meth passed opioids for the first time since 2007 for treatment admissions.
Recovery Resources for Saint Paul, MN
SpringBoard Recovery helps many people recover from addiction every day. We can offer many different types of resources depending on an individual’s needs. We have helped many people who come to us from other states, too.
Sober Living Homes
For people who come from Saint Paul, we offer sober living homes. These homes are helpful for recovering addicts who have been through an inpatient program and are continuing with an outpatient program, including NA Meetings. There are rules they are expected to follow but they have the freedom to work and to go out into the community as much as they need to.
Other Area Meetings
Saint Paul residents also have the following resources:
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help anyone who is seeking addiction recovery by giving them the resources and information they need. We can come alongside and support them in their journey.
If you would like more information about addiction recovery resources in the Saint Paul area, please contact us today.