CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
Queen Creek, Arizona SMART Recovery Information
Almost everyone knows someone, if not themself, who needs drug or alcohol recovery rehab. Addiction of any kind can affect lives in many different ways. Queen Creek, AZ has a variety of rehab recovery resources available for those who are seeking help for their addiction, whatever type it is.
What Does SMART Recovery Do?
SMART Recovery is an organization committed to helping people who struggle with various addictions. They help people with substance addictions such as alcohol or drugs. They also help with addictions to activities such as sex addictions or gambling addictions.
SMART stands for Self-Management And Recovery Training. They teach people how to rely on and empower themself as opposed to feeling and confessing powerlessness. They do not use a 12-step approach as other programs do. They use scientific knowledge and a 4-point program to help people who come to them for help. Those points are:
- Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Coping with Urges
- Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
- Living a Balanced Life
There are SMART Recovery meetings held every day all over the country. These meetings are held at various times and are free of charge. SMART Recovery offers online meetings every day, chat room forums available 24/7 and an online message board.
Queen Creek, AZ Substance Use Statistics
Queen Creek is a city right on the corner border of Maricopa and Pinal Counties, with the majority of it in Maricopa County. It is in close proximity to several cities in Arizona.
The 2020 Pinal County Community Health Needs Assessment reported the following:
- 53% of people saw substance abuse addiction and overdose as one of the top 5 most significant health problems.
- 83% saw drug abuse as the top risky behavior followed by alcohol abuse by 70% of people.
- There were 363 opioid overdoses from 6/2017-11/2019. 50 were fatal.
- 56% of people that they or someone close to them has experienced alcohol addiction or abuse.
- 44% of people reported the following for them or someone close to them:
- Addiction 35%
- Misuse/abuse 34%
- Incarceration 18%
- Overdose 15%
- Death 14%
- The surgery asked which resources would help lower drug and alcohol addiction in the community The top 6 listed were:
- Increased resources for handling mental health issues 63%
- Increased programs for youth 59%
- Increased education and information 54%
- Increased support groups 45%
- Increased options for non-addictive pain-relief 43%
- Increased treatment facilities 42%
Recovery Resource Information for Queen Creek, AZ
SpringBoard Recovery wants to help people reach their goal of recovery. There are many people who are affected by addiction and we want to give information to people who truly want to work toward recovery. The Queen Creek, AZ area has several recovery resources aside from SMART Recovery that could be helpful to people. Those are:
If you want more information about SMART Recovery meetings in the Queen Creek, AZ area, please contact us today.