There are several meetings available in the Phoenix area weekly.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE FAMILY MEETINGS
ST. LUKE’S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CENTER
Times: 7:30 am
Address: 1800 E. Van Buren St. (Resource Building) Phoenix, AZ
RISING PHOENIX SPIRITUALIST CHURCH AND METAPHYSICAL COMMUNITY
Times: 4:00 pm
Address: 1522 W. Encanto Blvd. Phoenix, AZSee Map , Online , Facebook
PHOENIX VA HOSPITAL
Times: 6:30 pm
Address: 650 E. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, AZSee Map
Times: 7:00 pm
Address: 3702 N. 13th Ave. Phoenix, AZSee Map
Phoenix, AZ- SMART Recovery Meetings
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART Recovery, shortened for Self-Management and Recovery Training, is a worldwide community made up of mutual-support groups. SMART Recovery creates a space for people to come and work together, towards recovery for all types of addiction, including drugs and alcohol. The program is science-based, focusing on their 4-point program.
A few facts about SMART Recovery include:
- The meetings focus on self-empowerment and learning techniques to change addictive behaviors.
- SMART Recovery Meetings are free to anyone needing and wanting help with their addictions.
- Their programs are run by those who have completed the SMART Recovery Program.
- The program focuses both on short-term and long-term coping skills.
- The program encourages participants to focus on finding their motives, goals, and beliefs during their time in the program.
- Their program is built around their 4-Point Program, these points are:
- Building and maintaining the motivation to change.
- Coping with urges to use.
- Managing thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in an effective way without addictive behaviors.
- Living a balanced, positive, and healthy life.
There are several SMART Recovery Meetings happening in and around the city of Phoenix, AZ.
Getting and staying sober is very challenging, but with the right support network and tools, it’s completely attainable.
The Need for Support for Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Phoenix, AZ
Addiction has no bounds, and the state of Arizona is one such place dealing with the effects of addiction.
The city of Phoenix is located in Maricopa County, According to the county’s 2020 Community Health Needs Assessment:
- In 2018, of the 63% of overdose deaths, 43% of those deaths involved only one substance.
- In 2018, 86% of overdose deaths involved more than one substance.
- From November 2017 to December 2018, there were 1,304 deaths caused by drug use. These deaths were linked to opioids, meth, and alcohol.
- Of the 1,304 deaths that happened between 2017 and 2018, 880 of those deaths were directly related to opioid use, such as prescription medicine and heroin.
Specifically to the Phoenix Metropolitan area:
- 9.3% of individuals were classified as having a substance abuse disorder.
- 23% of individuals participated at least once in alcohol binge drinking.
Support Groups versus Professional Treatment- Which is Better?
When choosing the correct path of treatment for an addiction, it is important to look at all the options available for the person. There are many factors one has to consider when choosing the correct kind of treatment. Every path to recovery is going to differ and no two treatments are going to look the same.
It is always recommended that if a person is struggling with an addiction for the first time, they attend an in-patient rehabilitation program to give them the foundations for a successful recovery. Not everyone is going to be able to attend in-person treatment, thankfully there are amazing out-patient options, including peer-led support groups, like SMART Recovery.
Get More Information about Recovery Meetings in or near Phoenix, AZ
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help those wanting to begin their journey to recovery. We understand that no one should have to make decisions about treatment by themselves and we are here to help.
If you or a loved one are struggling with an addiction, know that there is help out there for you. There are many amazing peer-led support groups meeting in and around Phoenix, AZ every day. Along with information about SMART Recovery, you can also find information about other meetings happening in Phoenix here:
Contact us today to begin your journey to recovery.