CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings Happening In and Around Oro Valley, Arizona
What is Narcotics Anonymous?
Narcotics Anonymous or NA is a group of men and women who have struggled with drug addiction and are now working on recovery. They meet regularly to support one another’s journey towards sobriety and help each other stay sober. The only requirement for membership is that the person has a desire to stop abusing drugs.
A few facts about NA include:
- It is a peer-led support group open to those who have struggled with substance abuse.
- Membership is free and open to anyone seeking abstinence from drug usage.
- The group was founded in 1953.
- The community has grown to be worldwide and can be found in 143 countries.
- They follow a 12-Step Program, which is utilized as each person works through their recovery.
NA is a wonderful organization that is built on mutual encouragement to strengthen one another as participants work towards recovery. There are several NA Meetings taking place in and around Oro Valley, AZ.
The Need for Substance Abuse Treatment in Oro Valley, AZ
People all around the world can find themselves in a battle struggling with substance abuse. This is the case for many people living in the state of Arizona.
The City of Oro Valley, AZ is located in Pima County. According to their last Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Drug-induced deaths are statistically higher in Pima County compared to the state of Arizona.
- In every 100,000 people:
- 21.4 deaths were caused by drugs
- 15.7 deaths were caused specifically by opioids
- 9.2 deaths were caused specifically by pharmaceuticals
- 7.2 deaths were caused specifically by heroin
Support Groups versus Professional Treatment for Substance Abuse- Which is Better?
No treatment will be the same for two people. Substance abuse treatment is an extremely individualized situation. While some people may need in-patient treatment for their addiction, others may not have the resources to attend in-patient rehab or even need to work through treatment as an in-patient.
Peer-led, support groups, like NA, are excellent methods for substance abuse treatment. Oftentimes, support groups like Narcotics Anonymous are free and meet on a weekly basis. Because of this, people who may want treatment but cannot put their lives on hold can find a group meeting that works with their schedule. Both support groups and professional treatment are wonderful options for those seeking treatment for their addiction.
It is important to speak with a medical professional to determine the correct course of treatment needed for the individual.
Get More Information about NA Meetings in and around Oro Valley, AZ
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we understand the complexity of substance abuse and finding the right kind of treatment. We are here to help you choose the best option for your life and a successful recovery.
Along with information about NA Meetings happening in and around Oro Valley, AZ, you can also find information about the different types of meetings happening here as well:
Contact us today if you or a loved one is ready to make those next steps towards recovery.