There are many Alateen meetings taking place in New Haven on a weekly basis.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE FAMILY MEETINGS
The Need for Alateen Meetings in New Haven, Connecticut
When a loved one is struggling with an alcohol or drug addiction a person may find themselves needing support as they work through the situation. Alateen is a program that provides help to teens who have loved ones with alcohol addictions. It is important that loved ones of addicts have a place to receive support and resources.
Alateen is a support group that welcomes teens, aged 13-18, to come and work through what they are going through. Teens share their stories with one another to help provide a sense of encouragement to one another as they walk through similar experiences. The program provides a safe and secure place for teens to find a sense of hope and gain strength.
Alcohol and Drug Statistics for New Haven, Connecticut
The city of New Haven is located in New Haven County, Connecticut. The state of Connecticut ranks in the top ten states struggling with substance abuse in the country. In 2018, there were 948 opioid-related deaths in Connecticut.
According to the New Haven County’s 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment:
- 44% of adults living in the city of New Haven believed that youth would likely or almost certainly abuse drugs.
- 6% of New Haven County residents believed that youth were susceptible to drug use, with 43% of adults saying it was a toss up.
- Substance abuse was brought up in several conversations.
- Beginning in 2013, synthetic opioids like fentanyl has driven the current wave of substance abuse.
- Between 2015-2018, 432 deaths, per every 100,000 residents, occurred due to any substance abuse. Out of that 432, 405 deaths, per every 100,000 residents, were linked specifically to opioid overdose.
- Between 2017-2018, New Haven County did see a slight decrease in substance abuse.
- In 2018, it was reported that every 1 in 3 adults knew of someone struggling with substance abuse. 25% of New Haven County residents cited knowing a person who died due to an overdose.
Getting Treatment for Alcohol and Drug Addiction at SpringBoard Recovery
After realizing the need for recovery, the next step towards healing is choosing the right kind of treatment. Making the choice to attend rehabilitation is an extremely personal decision, and it is always recommended that the individual speaks with a medical professional to get a recommendation.
While some people may choose to stay in their home city or state, others may choose to attend rehab in a different location entirely. There are several benefits to attending treatment out of state. At times, an individual’s home environment may not be suitable for recovery. There may be triggers, which can set their recovery back. Because of this, attending treatment away from home can be beneficial. It removes them from any triggers.
Another reason why someone may choose to go to treatment in a different state is that it simply gives them a new life, in a new city. A place for them to grow during their recovery.
Located in the beautiful city of Scottsdale, Arizona, SpringBoard Recovery offers several kinds of addiction treatment programs. We provide outpatient rehab services as well as our sober living home. We can help you find the right option to meet your needs.
Contact us today if you or a loved one is ready to take the first step on your recovery journey.