There are many Los Angeles area SMART Recovery meetings being held each week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
SMART Recovery Information for Los Angeles, CA
There can be so many different reasons for someone to develop a substance use disorder. Living in a large city comes with a lot of expectations, stress and traffic. There are also many successes, busy days, people to see and things to think about. These things may make people turn to drugs or alcohol to feel better. Thankfully, there is help. Los Angeles, CA has many substance abuse recovery resources available for those who want them.
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART (Self-Management And Recovery Training) Recovery is an organization focused on helping people who struggle with all types of addiction. These are not limited to drugs and alcohol but also include things like shopping, gambling, sex addictions and many others.
SMART Recovery approaches addiction differently than other programs. They aim to teach members how to change thinking patterns, emotions and behaviors to reach their goal of ending their addiction. They teach self-reliance and self-empowerment. They do not admit powerlessness which is the approach other groups take.
SMART Recovery uses a science-based model. They developed a 4-point program that they have found helps their members obtain freedom from addiction. They are:
- Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Coping with Urges
- Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
- Living a Balanced Life
SMART Recovery meetings are free and are found in different cities across the US. They offer their members access virtually with online meetings daily, a message board and chat rooms that are always available.
One phone call can set you on the road to recovery & help you get your life back on track
The Substance Use Problem in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles is located in a Southern California basin. It is next to the Pacific Ocean, has mountains and deserts. LA is the second largest city in the US.
The County of Los Angeles Public Health Substance Abuse Prevention and Control released a data brief in March 2019 regarding substance abuse. It reported the following;
- People who binge drink: 21.8%
- People with alcohol use disorder: 6.1%
- People who use prescription opioids: 4.7%
- People who use marijuana: 15.3%
- People who use cocaine: 2.5%
- People who use illicit drugs: 10.9%
- People with illicit drug disorder: 2.8%
- People with substance use disorder: 8.4%
- Regarding alcohol use disorder (AOD):
- 2,938 AOD-related deaths (2013-2017)
- 132,682 AOD-related ED visits (2013-2017)
- 108,809 AOD-related hospitalizations (2013-2017)
- Regarding DUI:
- 32,106 DUI arrests (2014-2016)
- 22,474 DUI convictions (2014-2016)
- 12,430 DUI collisions (2013-2017)
- 7,330 DUI injuries (2013-2017)
- 255 DUI fatalities (2013-2017)
Recovery Resources in Los Angeles, California
At SpringBoard Recovery, we see many people who struggle with substance abuse disorder. We want to see every single person reach sobriety. It is important for people to have the right resources to be able to stay on track, and we can help them find those resources.
Some other addiction recovery resources in the Los Angeles area are:
If you need more information about addiction recovery resources in the Los Angeles area, please contact us today.