There are several NA meetings being held in La Crosse every week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
The Need for NA in La Crosse, WI
Communities like La Crosse, WI across the country face drug addiction every day. Addiction has grown exponentially in the US, but groups like Narcotics Anonymous help people every day to overcome their addiction to drugs. Meetings are held in these communities every day of the week at different times of the day making it easier for someone to attend a meeting when their schedule allows them to.
No matter what size a city is, drug addiction can affect many people who live there. An overdose can impact the community in multiple ways. It is important for cities to have an idea of how many people need help in their community to know what resources are needed most.
Is There a Drug Misuse Problem in La Crosse, WI?
Located on the Mississippi River, La Crosse is the largest city on the western border of Wisconsin. According to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the following was reported:
- In 2019, La Crosse County had 63 opioid hospital visits. 43 involved heroin and 21 involved other opioids.
- There were 17 opioid-related deaths in the county. 13 involved synthetic opioids, 6 involved prescription opioids and less than 5 were from heroin.
- In 2018, 0.1 per 10,000 people received county authorized opioid treatment services.
- In the state, there were 1,593 deaths involving cocaine from 2014-2020. There were 822 from other psychostimulants.
- In the state, there were 3,327 cocaine overdose hospitalizations, 2,818 amphetamines overdose hospitalizations and 1,367 overdose hospitalizations from other stimulants.
- The five most common substances in 2020 were:
Recovery Resources for La Crosse, WI
SpringBoard Recovery knows how hard drug addiction recovery is. We help people with all kinds of addictions every day. We have different types of resources to help a person who wants to seek recovery. Everyone and every addiction is different and treatment seeks to address individual needs.
Sober Living Homes
One resource we offer is sober living homes. These can be helpful to someone traveling from out of state. They are homes in neighborhoods that provide a sober environment for recovering addicts. Many times, these people have already gone through an inpatient program and are in an outpatient program. They work, pay their way in the house and can come and go as they want to. They do have rules that have to be followed, including staying sober.
Other Area Meetings
The following are some other resources that can be helpful for La Crosse residents who are looking for recovery:
At SpringBoard Recovery, we hope that people can find the recovery they want. We want to help them get there. Recovery is possible. We have the resources that people need.
If you would like more information about addiction recovery resources in the La Crosse area, please contact us today.