Getting the right support can be so helpful for families with addicted loved ones. Alateen meetings can make such a difference, and there are several scheduled in the Guadalupe area each week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE FAMILY MEETINGS
Alateen Meetings in Guadalupe, Arizona
There are many people in Guadalupe, Arizona who are struggling because of alcohol addiction. Alateen can be a great resource for young people who have alcoholic loved ones at home. Life can be very difficult for them because they often do not have the necessary skills to cope with that type of issue. But attending Alateen meetings can be very helpful for them.
It is often a relief for young people to realize that they do not have to handle their challenges on their own. It is easy to find a meeting in Guadalupe, Arizona.
What is Alateen?
Alateen is a program that is run through the Al-Anon organization. It is designed to offer support to young people who have family members who are alcoholics, either receiving treatment or not. They have weekly support group meetings where young people are invited to come and share with others who are close to their own ages.
Alateen is available for young adults, teenagers and some meetings are even open to older children. These are individuals who may not feel comfortable confiding in about their struggles to anyone in their family or to their friends. But during meetings, they have the chance to talk with others who understand exactly where they are coming from.
It is important to note that Alateen meetings are not for teenagers with alcohol or drug abuse problems. They are also not places to hang out and socialize with friends or complain about their parents. It is intended as a support system, which so many young people desperately need.
Alcoholism Statistics in Guadalupe, Arizona
There are so many people in Guadalupe that struggle with alcohol abuse and addiction. Many of them may not know how to get help. In fact, according to the 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment through Banner Health:
- In Maricopa County, 12% of the people do not know where to go to get the mental health services they need.
- In 2017, there were more than 1,020 inpatient hospitalizations in Maricopa County for mental health disorders.
- In 2016, there were only 853 mental health-related inpatient hospitalizations, so that is a significant increase.
- There were 1,030 emergency room visits for mental health-related problems in 2017.
- 36.8% of the people in the county believe that alcohol and drug abuse are the most critical health issues they are facing in Maricopa County.
- Alcohol abuse was named the top riskiest behavior by 42.8% of the people in the county.
Learn More About the Addiction Recovery Resources in Guadalupe, AZ
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want everyone to know that there is help available for addiction; both for addicts as well as their family members. Alateen meetings are readily available to people in Guadalupe. There are other resources as well, such as rehab, sober living and the following:
Do you need more information about the addiction recovery resources in Guadalupe, Arizona? Please contact us.