There are a few Grand Forks area SMART Recovery meetings taking place each week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
SMART Recovery Information in Grand Forks, ND
Drug and alcohol addiction seems to only be rising in today’s society. With the expanding technology, there are constantly newer ways to be able to buy and sell substances and ways for people to avoid the authorities. However, there are also more substance abuse recovery resources available to those who really want them. Grand Forks, ND has a variety of those resources.
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART Recovery is an organization that does not focus on any one or two addictions but a multitude of them. This includes addiction to alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, shopping and other activities. SMART is an acronym that stands for Self-Management And Recovery Training.
SMART Recovery does not approach addiction the same as other programs. Their approach includes the following:
- Teaching members self-reliance and self-empowerment
- Encouraging members to reach recovery and live their life in a satisfying way
- Teaching members technique for change that is self-directed
- Holding meetings that are educational and encourage open discussions
- Advocating for the proper use of medications that are prescribed and continuing psychological treatments
- Being willing to change as the science of addiction recovery changes
SMART Recovery developed a 4-point program that is helpful for the members who are working toward recovery. They teach tools and techniques for each of these points, which are:
- Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Coping with Urges
- Managing Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviors
- Living a Balanced Life
There is no cost to attend SMART Recovery meetings. If there is no meeting that is close to a person’s city, they have excellent opportunities for online access. They hold daily meetings online, a message board, and chat rooms that are always available.
Getting and staying sober is very challenging, but with the right support network and tools, it’s completely attainable.
Is There a Substance Use Problem in Grand Forks, ND?
Grand Forks, located in the Red River Valley, is the third-largest city in North Dakota. It is part of the North Dakota-Minnesota Metro area. While not one of the largest cities in the US, it is not immune to drug and alcohol addiction.
The Grand Forks Community Health Assessment of 2019 reported the following about drug and alcohol usage in that area:
- The number of people who binge drink has risen in that area while the state has seen a decrease.
- The number of students who drink alcohol, grades 9-12, is declining.
- There were 30 opioid deaths in 2018. In 2017, there were 32 opioid overdoses with 4 fatalities.
- In 2017 the police seized 240 grams of heroin and 9,326 grams of meth.
Recovery Resources in Grand Forks, North Dakota
SpringBoard Recovery sees people who struggle with substance abuse addiction every day. We know that making the decision to get help can be hard. We want to help everyone reach recovery. One way we can do that is to provide current recovery addiction recovery resources.
Some other Grand Forks resources that may be helpful are:
If you would like more information about addiction recovery resources in the Grand Forks area, please contact us today.