There are many NA meetings taking place in the Grand Forks, North Dakota area on a weekly basis.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
The Need for NA in Grand Forks, North Dakota
A community like Grand Forks, ND is not immune to drug addiction. Drugs are in every city and town, but, thankfully, there are resources like Narcotics Anonymous meetings in many cities and towns, too. These meetings have helped countless people overcome drug addiction. Recovery is right down the street for many people
Many cities report statistics about drug usage, but it is difficult to know exactly how big the problem actually is. They can only report on what they observe and on what people tell them. Hopefully, the statistics will show that there is a need for more resources to help people recover from drug addiction.
Is There a Drug Misuse Problem in Grand Forks, ND?
Located in the Red River Valley, Grand Forks is part of the North Dakota-Minnesota Metro area.
The Grand Forks Community Health Assessment of 2019 reported the following about drug and alcohol usage in that area:
- Substance use was ranked as the second worst health issue, Mental health was first.
- 45.60% of people were very concerned about adult prescription drug abuse. 51.46% were concerned about illegal drug use.
- 46.88% of people were concerned about teen prescription drug abuse. 50.66% were concerned about illegal drug use.
- There were 30 opioid deaths in 2018. In 2017, there were 32 opioid overdoses with 4 fatalities.
- In 2017 the police seized 240 grams of heroin and 9,326 grams of meth.
- Only 3.88% of survey respondents thought that access to substance abuse treatment services was excellent. The majority, 23.84%, felt it was poor.
Recovery Resources for Grand Forks, ND
SpringBoard Recovery can offer a variety of resources to someone who needs help in recovery. We can help with any type of substance addiction. We have many helpful tools at our facility.
Sober Living Homes
One helpful resource we offer is sober living homes. This is a house in a residential neighborhood for a group of people who are all recovering from substance addiction. They have all already been through an inpatient program and would stay here as part of an outpatient program. There are strict rules they are expected to follow, including maintaining sobriety. For someone who is attending NA Meetings, this is a good, drug-free place to help keep them accountable. They are also available for someone who is traveling from out of town, such as Grand Forks. They can stay at a sober living home while in an outpatient program.
Other Area Meetings
Some other Grand Forks resources that can help are:
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help people live their best life. Providing them with resources, services or information will help them get one step closer to recovery.
If you want more information about addiction recovery resources in the Grand Forks area, please contact us today.