CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
SMART Recovery Meetings in Goodyear, Arizona
When a person is addicted to drugs and alcohol, they often feel as though they are all alone. Attending a support group in Goodyear, Arizona like SMART Recovery can make such a huge difference. Suddenly, people can see that there are others who are struggling just like they are.
There is no need for anyone to feel hopeless and it is possible to recover from a drug or alcohol addiction with the right support. It is easy to find a meeting in Goodyear, Arizona.
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART Recovery is much different from Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous in that it is not a 12-Step program. Instead, they focus on more scientific methods when helping people recover from their addictions. They offer weekly support groups, which are available both in-person and online. They stay away from labels like “addict” and “alcoholic” because their focus is on helping people make meaningful changes in their lives.
SMART Recovery can help people who are addicted to drugs, alcohol and behaviors like gambling. They do this through their 4-Point Program, which emphasizes a need for:
- Helping people get and stay motivated to change.
- Learning how to cope with the urge to use without giving in.
- Learning how to manage one’s thoughts, feelings and behaviors in healthy ways and not by turning to drugs, alcohol or addictive behaviors.
- Living a more positive, balanced and healthy life.
Participants learn how to use what has happened in the past to benefit them in the present and future. This program has helped many people leave their lives of addiction behind for good.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Goodyear, Arizona
There is no denying that Goodyear, Arizona has a problem with substance abuse. So many people are addicted to drugs and alcohol, which is evident by looking at the statistics. The Community Health Needs Assessment from 2017 from Banner Health States that:
- 36.8% of the people in Maricopa County believe that drug and alcohol abuse are main contributing factors to the county’s health issues.
- Close to 43% of people believe that alcohol use is the riskiest behavior among county residents.
- 58% of the people think that their community is somewhat healthy, while 26% view it as unhealthy.
- The number of inpatient hospitalizations has risen in the last few years.
- In 2017, more than 1,020 people have needed inpatient hospitalization in Maricopa County for mental health and substance abuse problems.
Goodyear, AZ Addiction Recovery Resources – Learn More!
At SpringBoard Recovery, we know how hard it can be to take the first step and reach out for help for an addiction. There are so many programs available that can provide support, and in Goodyear, Arizona, SMART Recovery is just one of them. Other options include:
At SpringBoard Recovery, we also offer outpatient rehab and sober living services for people in recovery.
Would you like to know more about the addiction recovery resources in Goodyear, Arizona? Please contact us today.