CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Goodyear, Arizona
There are many people in Goodyear, Arizona who are battling drug addiction. Narcotics Anonymous is an option they have available to help them through the recovery process. This is in addition to the many other resources that are there to provide this much-needed support.
Peer counseling and therapy have shown to be very effective when it comes to addiction recovery. It is very easy to find a meeting in Goodyear, Arizona.
What is Narcotics Anonymous?
Narcotics Anonymous has been around since 1955. Its founders saw a need for the same type of program that was available with Alcoholics Anonymous, but for people in drug addiction recovery. As a result, NA adopted their own 12-Step program, which is similar to the one used in AA, and began offering support groups.
NA meetings give participants the opportunity to talk with others who understand their struggles with drug addiction. But not only drug addicts attend NA meetings; many recovering alcoholics also enjoy their program and prefer it to AA. Meetings are held once a week as a way for members to hold each other accountable and have a source of ongoing support.
There are no membership fees or dues that have to be paid in order to become a member of NA or to attend meetings. Anyone is allowed to come to open meetings, so participants are welcome to bring someone along with them for added support.
Millions of people all over the world have been helped by attending NA meetings. There, they can meet new people who are all working toward the same types of goals.
Drug Addiction Statistics in Goodyear, Arizona
Goodyear, Arizona is located in Maricopa County, where the drug abuse rates have been increasing for quite some time. The 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment from Banner Health offers many useful statistics.
- In 2017, there were 1,030.8 emergency department visits because of mental-health related reasons in Maricopa County.
- There were more than 1,020 inpatient hospitalizations for mental health issues that year as well. That number is quite a bit higher than it was the year before, which was 853.2.
- More than 2 people die in Arizona every day because of overdosing on opioid drugs.
- People who are between the ages of 45 and 64 have the highest inpatient hospitalization rates because of opioid use or overdoses.
- Most of the people who abuse opioids in Maricopa County are between the ages of 20 and 34.
Talk with Us About the Addiction Recovery Resources in Goodyear, AZ
At SpringBoard Recovery, we believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to recover from drug addiction. We offer outpatient rehab as well as sober living services for anyone who needs them. In addition, there are other ways to get support as well, such as through:
Do you have questions about the addiction recovery resources in Goodyear, Arizona? Please contact us today for assistance.