Going to Alateen meetings is a great way for families to get support when a loved one is addicted. There are many meetings taking place all week long.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE FAMILY MEETINGS
Alateen Meetings in Goodyear, Arizona
It can be very difficult to cope when a young person has a loved one who is an alcoholic. Alateen meetings are there to help, and there are some that are available in Goodyear, Arizona. It can be very comforting for teens to know that they are not alone, and Alateen offers them a support system that they might not have otherwise.
Alcoholism is hard on everyone, including the family. There should be no trouble with finding a meeting in Goodyear, Arizona.
What is Alateen?
Alateen is a part of the Al-Anon organization. They have support group meetings for young people who have alcoholic family members or loved ones. These meetings are open to young adults, teenagers and sometimes older children as well.
Young people may not always have friends they feel comfortable confiding in about these types of struggles. They may not want anyone to know that their mom, dad, or another relative is an alcoholic. That can lead to isolation, which can cause even more serious problems for them down the road.
Alateen meetings are free of charge for young people to attend. They also have online chat meetings that are specifically for teenagers aged 13-18. These meetings are overseen by an adult monitor at all times.
Even though Alateen can be helpful to young people, there are some rules that must be followed. Meetings should not be seen as a place to socialize or hang out. They are not for teens with substance abuse problems and complaining about one’s parents or other adults is not allowed.
Alcoholism Statistics and Facts in Goodyear, Arizona
Alcoholism is a very serious problem in Goodyear, Arizona. According to the Community Health Needs Assessment from 2019 (Banner Health):
- As many as 12% of residents in Maricopa County do not know where to go for mental health services.
- There were more than 1,020 inpatient hospitalizations in the county in 2017 for mental health disorders.
- During the previous year, there were 853, so that represents a significant increase.
- The county saw 1,030 emergency room visits for mental health issues that year.
- Poll results show that 36.8% of people in Maricopa County believe that drug and alcohol abuse are the most important health issues the county is facing.
- 42.8% of county residents state that alcohol abuse is the top riskiest behavior in the county.
Find Out More About the Addiction Recovery Resources in Goodyear, AZ
At SpringBoard Recovery, our goal is to help as many people as we can. We can provide additional information about the resources that are available in Goodyear, Arizona. We also offer outpatient rehab and sober living services for those who need them.
Some additional addiction recovery resources include:
Do you have questions about the Goodyear, Arizona addiction recovery resources that might help you or someone you love? Please contact us today.