SMART Recovery meetings can be a great alternative for people who are looking for something other than 12-Step meetings. There are a few meetings scheduled in Glendale weekly.
SMART Recovery Meetings in Glendale, Arizona
People who struggle with drug and alcohol addictions often feel hopeless; like there is no one for them to turn to. In Glendale, Arizona, SMART Recovery meetings have become a popular option, and many people have benefited from them. They offer peer support in a different way than 12-Step meetings do.
Drug and alcohol abuse can quickly take over a person’s entire life. Fortunately, it is easy to find a meeting in Glendale, Arizona to get help and support.
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART Recovery stands for Self-Management And Recovery Training. This organization encompasses a global community of support groups that meet both in-person and online. During meetings, people help each other solve issues that are related to their substance abuse problems, or to behavioral addictions, such as gambling.
People who attend SMART Recovery meetings feel empowered to make the necessary changes in their lives to get them back on track. They follow the organization’s 4-Point Program, which involves:
- Creating and maintaining the motivation to change.
- Coping with any urges to use drugs or alcohol.
- Managing behaviors, thoughts and feelings without turning to drugs or alcohol.
- Living a more balanced, healthy, positive lifestyle.
SMART Recovery meetings take place on a weekly basis. Their website is filled with helpful information and tools that people can use to get and stay clean and sober.
Glendale, AZ Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Addiction Statistics
The Community Health Needs Assessment from 2017 as reported by Banner Health offers helpful insight into the substance abuse problem in Maricopa County. According to their statistics:
- 58% of people in Maricopa County believe that their community is somewhat healthy.
- And 26% of people view it as unhealthy.
- Drug and alcohol abuse were cited as the two issues that 36.8% of people believe contribute to instability in the county.
- Almost 43% of people state that alcohol abuse was the riskiest behavior people engage in.
- The number of people in need of inpatient hospitalization has increased dramatically in Maricopa County over just the last few years.
- The highest inpatient hospitalization rates were among people between the ages of 15-19.
- People between the ages of 45 and 64 have the highest inpatient hospitalization rates due to opioid abuse and overdose.
- More than 1,020 people sought inpatient treatment for mental health issues in 2017 in Maricopa County.
Learn More About the Addiction Recovery Resources in Glendale, Arizona
At SpringBoard Recovery, our mission has always been to provide the best possible support to people with drug and alcohol addictions. We know how hard it can be to ask for help, and learning about local resources is critical.
Support groups might not be for everyone. Some people need to begin with professional treatment, and we can help them find a program that will work for them. There are also other resources available, such as:
Do you need more information about the addiction recovery resources in the Glendale, Arizona area? Please contact us today.