There are many Alateen Meetings taking place in the Fresno area every week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE FAMILY MEETINGS
The Need for Alateen Meetings in Fresno, California
When a loved one struggles with an alcohol or drug addiction, it can be hard to manage; especially for young people. Finding resources to help those loved ones is incredibly important, as loved ones need support as well. The program Alateen is one such support group that teens can get resources to help them handle the situation of a loved one who may be struggling with an addiction.
Alateen in a free support program for teens, aged 13-18, who have loved ones struggling with an alcohol addiction. It is a safe and secure place where teens can go and feel supported. An open forum style, teens gather together to share similar stories and situations, all while feeling supported, finding hope and encouragement, and gaining strength from their peers.
Drug and Alcohol Statics for Fresno, California
The city of Fresno is located in Fresno County, California. While California does not rank in the top 20 of states with high addiction rates, it is still struggling with the fight on substance abuse. In 2018, 45% of drug overdoses involved an opioid, with a total of more than 2,400 deaths caused by a drug overdose.
According to Fresno County’s most recent Health Needs Assessment, written in 2020:
- Fresno County has a worse rate, in regards to drug abuse hospitalization, than the state of California.
- Between 2013-2014, 30.2% of teens reported the use of alcohol.
- In 2015, 33.9% of adults binged alcohol.
- Between 2016-2018, there were 15.0 deaths per every 100,000 residents that involved drug use.
- Between 2017-2019, there were 12.3 deaths per every 100,000 residents caused by drug poisoning.
- In 2019, 114.9 per every 100,000 residents involved the emergency department due to all drug overdoses.
- In 2019, 71.6 per every 100,000 residentes were hospitalized due to a drug overdose.
Getting Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Addiction at SpringBoard Recovery
Every person’s path to recovery is different. Some people choose to stay in their home city or state for treatment, while others choose to move to a brand new city or state. There are several reasons why choosing treatment in a new city or state is beneficial.
When a person actively chooses to attend treatment, they are giving themselves a new lease on life. Because of this, they may choose to go to rehab in a new state to give themselves a fresh start. Another reason why a person may choose to attend treatment in a completely different place is that their home may not be conducive to their recovery.
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we offer a variety of different kinds of treatment to meet the needs of our patients. Located in the beautiful city of Scottsdale, Arizona, we provide outpatient rehab and even a sober living home. Contact us today, if you or a loved one would like to begin the journey to recovery.