Both Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous can be so helpful to people who are battling substance abuse problems. These organizations have helped millions of people all over the world. SMART Recovery is an option that is available to those would like an alternative to a 12-Step program.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Florence, Arizona
Many Americans struggle with drug addictions every day. This is not limited to big cities on the east or west coast. The people who have the best chance of breaking a drug addiction are the ones who get support. There are addiction support groups in Florence, Arizona.
What is Narcotics Anonymous?
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a community of men and women who have or had drug addictions. NA reaches across the globe, but each local group is independent. All local NA groups follow the same guidelines. Narcotics Anonymous is not connected to any government agency.
NA is a 12 step support group. They use the same 12 step process created by Alcoholics Anonymous. An addict of any kind of drug is welcome to attend NA meetings. The group considers alcohol to be a drug, alcoholics are also allowed to join NA.
At a meeting, NA group members share their experiences with each other. They encourage each other to not use any kind of drug. Using a different drug keeps an addiction going. The goal is to live completely drug and alcohol-free.
Is There a Drug Problem in Florence, Arizona?
Florence is part of Pinal County Arizona. According to the Pinal County Community Health Needs Assessment released in October of 2020, there is a need for addiction treatment.
- Opioid overdoses totaled at 363 overdoses from June 2017 to November 2019, 50 of those people died from the overdose.
- In 2018 39.1% of 8th graders had used alcohol and 11.6% had used prescription drugs
- In 2018 54% of high school seniors had used alcohol and 10.4% had used prescription drugs
- 56% of the people surveyed said that they, a family member, or a friend have experienced alcohol abuse or addiction
- 44% of those surveyed reported that they, a family member, or a friend have experienced drug misuse, addiction, or overdose
- 83% of those surveyed believe the most significant risky behavior in the community is drug abuse
- 70% of those surveyed believe the next most significant risky behavior in the community is alcohol abuse
The Arizona Department of Health Services provides lists of drug and alcohol-related emergency room visits and hospitalizations by year.
- 2018 emergency room visits because of alcohol use totaled 11,601 statewide, with 410 in Pinal County
- 2018 emergency room visits because of drug use totaled 18,660 statewide, with 1044 in Pinal County
- 2018 hospitalizations because of drug use totaled 7908 statewide, with 306 in Pinal County
- 2018 hospitalizations because of alcohol use totaled 7,028 statewide, with 326 in Pinal County
Get More Information About Drug Addiction Recovery Meetings in Florence, Arizona
SpringBoard Recovery wants to get people with addictions the help they need. There are NA meetings available in Florence, Arizona for people who want to stop using drugs and alcohol. Please contact us right away for more information.