There are a lot of free substance abuse recovery programs for people to access in El Mirage. 12-Step meetings are a great way to get peer support and there are other options as well.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in El Mirage, Arizona
Drug addictions affect many Americans every year. People who become addicted to drugs or alcohol can develop many health issues. Addictions can also cause problems at work or at home. There are addiction support groups that can help. It is very easy to find a meeting in El Mirage, Arizona.
What is Narcotics Anonymous?
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a global fellowship of men and women who have or had a drug addiction. NA considers alcohol to be a drug. Alcoholics are also welcome to attend NA meetings. The only requirement to be a member of NA is a person wanting to change their lives and to help other addicts do the same.
NA was started in 1953, in Los Angeles, California. There are now more than 70,000 weekly meetings in 144 countries. Narcotics Anonymous is a 12 step process support group.
NA members follow a one day at a time approach using the 12 step process. At meetings, members encourage one another to not use any kind of drug, including alcohol. People with addictions must not start to use any substance that could begin the addictive cycle all over again.
Narcotics Anonymous does not provide medical services like detox or professional therapy. NA is not connected to any other organizations. This includes government agencies, medical groups, or other 12-step groups.
Is There a Drug Addiction Problem in El Mirage, Arizona?
The 2019 National Survey of Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) shows that across the United States 57.2 million Americans used drugs at least once in 2019. The survey also shows how many people used drugs or alcohol for the first time in their lives in 2019.
- 4.9 million people alcohol for the first time
- 3.5 million people marijuana for the first time
- 1.2 million people used hallucinogens for the first time
- 671,000 people used cocaine for the first time
- 184,000 people used methamphetamines for the first time
- 50,000 people used heroin for the first time
El Mirage is part of Maricopa County in Arizona. This is where most of the people in Arizona live. It is also the fourth most populous county in the United States. The Coordinated Community Health Needs Assessment For Maricopa County listed statistics about alcohol and drug use at the county level.
- 89% of drug overdose deaths were determined to be accidental
- There were 1078 drug overdose deaths in 2019
- 35.8% of those surveyed believe that drug abuse is one of the most important unhealthy behaviors that need to be changed in the community
- 49.9% of those individuals surveyed believe that alcohol abuse is one of the most important unhealthy behaviors that need to be changed in the community