Going to an Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meeting can be a life changing experience. Both of these organizations have helped millions of people worldwide. Alternatively, SMART Recovery is also an option that many people like to consider.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Coolidge, Arizona
Many people across the country face addictions on a daily basis. Drugs and alcohol addiction can have huge consequences for the addict and their family. There are support group meetings available for those who are struggling with addiction in Coolidge, Arizona.
What is Narcotics Anonymous?
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a 12-step support group for people who have or had a drug addiction. NA includes alcohol as a drug, alcoholics are welcome to attend the meetings. NA began in Los Angeles, California in 1953.
While it began in the United States, NA meetings can now be found across the globe. There are over 70,000 weekly meetings in 144 countries. The NA books have been published in 55 different languages. NA is open to anyone that wants to stop using drugs and change their lifestyle.
Narcotics Anonymous is not affiliated with any other organizations. This includes medical treatment facilities or government programs. NA does not provide professional care or therapy. It is a peer-led fellowship. The mission of NA is to provide a place for addicts to help each other stop using drugs and find a new lifestyle.
NA is a 12-step Program. The 12-step program is based on the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 steps. These programs have a spiritual base, believing that a higher power can help. To start an addict admits that they are powerless. What their higher power is the decision of each member.
Is There a Drug Problem in Coolidge, Arizona?
Coolidge is in Pinal County Arizona. The Pinal County Community Health Needs Assessment released in October of 2020, shows there is a need for addiction treatment.
- 83% of those surveyed believe the most significant risky behavior in the community is drug abuse
- 70% of those surveyed believe the next most significant risky behavior in the community is alcohol abuse
- 56% of those surveyed in the report said that they, a family member, or a friend has experienced alcohol abuse or addiction
- 44% of those surveyed reported that they or someone close to them have experienced drug-related circumstances. For example, misuse, addiction, or overdose
- There were 363 opioid overdoses from June 2017 to November 2019, 313 were non-fatal, 50 overdoses were fatal. Of those, 16 overdoses were youths between 14 and 17 years old.
- In 2018 54% of high school seniors had used alcohol and 10.4% had used prescription drugs
Get More Information About Recovery Meetings in Coolidge, Arizona
Anyone who has found themselves addicted to drugs or alcohol does not need to face it alone. At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help everyone stay drug-free. Support group meetings like Narcotics Anonymous are a great tool to help addicts stop using drugs and alcohol.
There are narcotics Anonymous meetings each day in Coolidge or a nearby city. Do not wait another day to get help. Contact us right away.