SMART Recovery meetings offer an alternative to 12-Step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. People can come to get peer support and learn from proven scientific principles.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART Recovery is an organization that offers mutual support group meetings. The meetings are free and open to anyone who is looking for a science-based, self-empowered addiction recovery.
SMART stands for Self-Management And Recovery Training. During meetings, people listen to each other talk about the issues they are facing in their lives and they work together to try and solve them. The main focus is on recovering from drug and alcohol addiction, although any addictive behavior can be addressed.
- Focuses on changing people’s lives from being unhappy and self-destructive to being happy and constructive.
- Avoids using labels like the words, “alcoholic” or “addict.”
- Focuses on using scientifically proven techniques to help people make changes in their lives.
- Does not focus much on what happened in the past, only what can be learned from it.
- Helps people determine the cause of self-destructive behaviors so they can be properly addressed and dealt with.
The SMART Recovery approach is centered around their 4-Point Program. The 4 Points are:
- To build and maintain the motivation to make significant changes in one’s life.
- To cope with the urges to use drugs or alcohol.
- To manage thoughts, feelings and behaviors in an effective way without addictive behaviors.
- To live a balanced, positive and healthy lifestyle.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Clarkdale, AZ: The Need for Recovery Support
Clarkdale, Arizona is located in Yavapai County. According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for Yavapai County in 2017:
- The age-adjusted death rate because of suicide in Yavapai County in 2015 was 32.8 for every 100,000 people.
- It is estimated that around 25 suicide attempts occur for every successful attempt.
- The Arizona rate of suicide is 17.8 for every 100,000 people.
- In 2015, the county’s drug-induced death rate was 26.7 for every 100,000 people.
- Yavapai County has the third highest death-induced death rate in Arizona.
- The Arizona state death rate is 16.9 for every 100,000 people.
- This means that more people die from drug overdoses in Arizona than in car accidents.
- 11.9% of people in the Medicare population are struggling with depression.
- 15.1% of adults in the county participate in binge drinking behaviors regularly.
- 242.8 out of every 100,000 people in the county use opioids regularly.
- Yavapai County ranks fourth highest in the State of Arizona for opioid usage.
- In 2016, 431 million opioid pills were prescribed in Arizona, which enough to give every person a 2.5-week supply.
- 26.6% of teenagers report using alcohol at least once in the last 30 days.
- 16.6% of teenagers report having used marijuana at least once in the last 30 days.
Going to Rehab Vs. Attending a Weekly Support Group for Addiction Recovery in Clarkdale
People often find it challenging to know what to do when they are in need of help for addiction. They may know that they need to get some type of support, but not if that support should be professional or through a group of peers. The reality is that both can be just as helpful, but everyone has their own needs, based on where they are in their own journey.
It has long been accepted that people who have never gone through professional treatment before, should do so. But even people who are new to addiction recovery may do well with a support group like SMART Recovery. This type of help can work well for people who:
- Have never gone through any type of professional treatment before.
- Have extensive experience with professional treatment.
- Have a strong support system at home.
- Are able to make it to weekly meetings, or even attend meetings more often than that.
- Are not going through any type of dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
But there are also those who need the level of support that is available through a professional drug and alcohol rehab. That might be the best place to start for those who:
- Do not have a strong support system at home.
- Have never gone through any type of treatment before.
- Need more help and support in order to keep from using drugs and/or alcohol.
- Are currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
- Have a long history of quitting and relapsing.
Learn More About the Recovery Meetings in Clarkdale, Arizona
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want people to know that they have all the support they need. There are so many ways for people to get help to recover from addiction, including by going through detox and rehab and by attending a support group.
SMART Recovery meetings are just one type of support group that is available in Clarkdale, Arizona. People can also attend:
People with drug and alcohol addictions often do not know where to begin to get the help they need to recover. It can be very frustrating, and quite often, they end up not doing anything at all to get assistance. We want to help people avoid that.
How long have you been putting off getting help for your addiction? Do you have questions about the recovery meetings that are available in Clarkdale? Would you like to know more about getting treatment at a professional rehab program in Arizona? We can help you with either one. Please contact us to learn more about your options.