NA Meetings in Clarkdale, Arizona
Attending an NA meeting in Clarkdale, AZ can be so helpful for people who are struggling with drug addictions. Narcotics Anonymous is also there to help people who are battling alcoholism as well.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Clarkdale
What is Narcotics Anonymous?
For many decades, Narcotics Anonymous has been there to provide support to recovering drug addicts. This organization was founded in 1953, almost 20 years after Alcoholics Anonymous was started. The group has grown over the years, and today, there are meetings in about 143 countries every single week.
NA is a nonprofit organization of men and women who meet together regularly to support each other in staying clean and sober. Participants are people for whom using drugs has become a serious problem in their lives. Members do not have to pay dues or initiation fees. They also do not have to sign a pledge stating their desire to recover from addiction.
Narcotics Anonymous is not connected with any religious, political or law enforcement groups. Anyone can participate regardless of their age, gender, sexual identity, race, creed or religion. The only requirement for participating in NA meetings is for the person to have the desire to stop using drugs and/or alcohol.
There are several NA meetings taking place in Clarkdale every week.
The Need for Addiction Recovery Treatment and Support Groups in Clarkdale, AZ
Clarkdale, Arizona is located in Yavapai County. There are many people in that area who are struggling because of their substance abuse problems and mental health issues. It can be helpful to look at the Yavapai County Community Health Needs Assessment to determine the scope of the problem.
The people of Yavapai County are struggling with a lot of serious health problems. Drugs and alcohol are largely to blame for many of them. For example, the following are just some of the issues the people in the county are dealing with:
- Unintentional injuries
- Car crashes
- Mental illnesses
- Cirrhosis of the liver
Statistics tell us that:
- Of all motor vehicle accident deaths, 21% of them are due to alcohol involvement in some capacity.
- Within the last 30 days, 16% of adults in the county claim that they have consumed alcohol excessively.
- Using drugs and alcohol are personal lifestyle choices that have a direct impact on 70% of a person’s health status.
- 63 people died from drug poisoning in Yavapai County in 2019.
- That number represents 28.7 people out of every 100,000 people in the county.
- Also in 2019, 75 people died of suicide in the county.
- That number represents 34.2 out of every 100,000 people in the county.
- Both of these numbers are higher than the averages for Arizona.
Attending Rehab Vs. a Weekly Support Group in Clarkdale, Arizona
There is no doubt that it can be confusing to determine the best course of action for addiction treatment and/or support. People receive a lot of conflicting messages about what they should do to recover, so many of them simply do nothing. Basically, they need to know if they can stop using by attending a support group on an outpatient basis, or if they should consider professional treatment.
There are excellent qualities of both options, but it is hard to say what will work for everyone. Some people do very well with outpatient support groups whereas others need the level of structure that can only be found through a rehabilitation program.
Getting Support for Addiction Recovery Through Narcotics Anonymous
Attending an NA meeting once a week, or even more often, can be so beneficial for people in recovery. This might be a great option for those who:
- Have a strong support system at home.
- Have gone through an inpatient or outpatient rehab program in the past.
- Are motivated to stop using.
- Are currently attending an outpatient therapy program for drug or alcohol addiction.
- Have not been using for a long time.
- Are not yet addicted to drugs or alcohol, but are abusing them.
- Do not experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop using.
Going to Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Clarkdale
But some people need a higher level of care than what is available at a group like Narcotics Anonymous. This organization is not run or operated by professionals. The meetings are held by others who are also in recovery.
A person might experience better results by attending rehab if they:
- Have never gone through any type of professional treatment in the past.
- Go through withdrawal when they stop using.
- Have been using drugs or alcohol for a long period of time.
- Do not have a strong support system at home to assist them.
- Have tried to quit in the past, but always ended up relapsing.
It is important for people to choose carefully. If they are in doubt, talking with a professional to get their recommendation can be extremely helpful.
Learn More About the Recovery Meetings in Clarkdale, AZ
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want people to know that while they may struggle because of their addictive behaviors, they are not alone. Going to groups like Narcotics Anonymous can make such a huge difference in a person’s life. But that is not the only type of meeting that is available for people with addictions.
Clarkdale, Arizona has many options for recovery meetings available. In addition to weekly NA meetings, there are also:
Where are you in your recovery efforts? Are you ready to take the next step and begin attending NA meetings in Clarkdale? Do you have questions about going to a drug or alcohol rehab program in the local area? Either way, we can help. Please contact us today to learn more.