SMART Recovery meetings are available in Camp Verde, Arizona to provide an alternative to 12-Step meetings. They offer peer support, which is known to be an essential component of the recovery process for people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART Recovery offers peer support groups and educational materials to help people stop using drugs and alcohol successfully. This organization is not based on the 12-Step programs of Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. Instead, it is scientifically-based to empower people to have the desire to change their addictive behaviors.
SMART stands for, Self-Management And Recovery Training and it is available all over the world. The meetings are based upon a 4-Point Program, which addresses the following:
- How to build and maintain personal motivation to stop using drugs and alcohol.
- How to cope with urges to use.
- How to successfully manage thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
- How to live a more balanced life.
The SMART Recovery website is filled with helpful information for people to utilize. People who are interested in their services will find:
- Lists of in-person meetings to choose from.
- Lists of online meetings for those who are unable to meet in person.
- Educational materials to help people better understand the science of addiction and recovery.
- Tools and techniques to help people make changes in their lives.
- An online message board and a chat room that is available at all times of the day or night.
Joining SMART Recovery is easy and it is also free of charge. It can be done in just a few minutes on their website.
Camp Verde, Arizona Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
There are a lot of people who live in Camp Verde, AZ who are in need of help because of their substance abuse problems. In fact, the statistics give us a good picture of the situation.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for Yavapai County in 2019:
- 11.3% of the population in the county does not have health insurance.
- Alcohol and drug abuse has had an impact on people in the county in many areas, including their mental health, malnutrition and unintentional injuries.
- Substance abuse has been shown to be a primary disease factor for stress as well.
- 63 people died in Yavapai County that year because of drug poisoning.
- That works out to about 28.7 people for every 100,000 people in the county.
- That is significantly higher than the rate in Arizona, which was 18.5 people for every 100,000 people.
- It is also higher than the national rate, which was 15.6 people for every 100,000 people.
- 14% of adults in the county admit to excessive drinking within the last 30 days in 2015.
- That number went up to 16% in 2018.
- In 2015, 23% of motor vehicle crash deaths in the county involved alcohol.
- In 2018, that number was 21%, which is an improvement.
Camp Verde is a city that has a lot of people who are suffering because of their addictions. Many do not know where to get the help they need to stop using. But there are many ways for them to get support.
Addiction Recovery Options in Camp Verde: Outpatient Support Groups Vs. Treatment
People can easily get confused about the type of support they need in order to be successful at addiction recovery. They may think that they need to start by going through some type of rehab, but that is not always feasible in every situation. The reality is that going to a support group can be extremely beneficial even for those who are new to recovery.
People should always check with a professional to get their opinion before making a decision about addiction recovery support. But getting involved with an organization like SMART Recovery can be helpful for people who:
- Have a strong support system at home in their family and friends.
- Have gone through some type of professional treatment before.
- Are currently attending outpatient therapy and want to supplement with a support group.
- Have only been using drugs or alcohol for a short period of time.
- Are fully committed to their recovery efforts.
- Are not going through any type of serious withdrawal symptoms.
Of course, professional treatment always has its place. Going to rehab can be helpful for people who:
- Are experiencing withdrawal and need to go through the detoxification process.
- Have a long history of using, recovering and relapsing.
- Do not have a strong support system at home and need additional help in order to be successful.
- Have never had any type of professional treatment before.
- Have been using drugs and/or alcohol for a long period of time.
Learn More About the Addiction Recovery Meetings in Camp Verde, Arizona
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want people to know that they are not alone. When it comes to recovering from drug and alcohol addiction, the right type of help can make a world of difference.
There are many options available for people in Camp Verde, Arizona who are seeking addiction recovery help. SMART Recovery is only one of them. In addition, people can get assistance through:
Have you been putting off getting the help you need for your drug or alcohol addiction? If so, we want you to know that we are here for you. We can help you determine if professional treatment is something you should consider. Or, we can assist you with getting more information about the recovery meetings that are available in Camp Verde, Arizona.
Would you like to talk with us about your options for recovery? Please contact us today.