Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings in Bullhead City, Arizona
Attending Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings can be so helpful for people with substance abuse problems. These organizations have successfully helped millions of people worldwide. SMART Recovery is another option, and they do not base their program on the 12-Steps.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE FAMILY MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Bullhead City
What is Alcoholics Anonymous?
Alcoholics Anonymous or AA is a peer led support group for individuals struggling with alcohol addiction. It is international and made up of both men and women, all moving towards the direction of sobriety.
A few facts about AA:
- They follow the 12-Steps of Recovery
- They do not affiliate themselves with any religious organization, anyone is welcome
- They welcome all ages and backgrounds
- It is a free, peer led group
- The only requirement to join is to have the desire to stop or continue not drinking alcohol
- Their primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety
Alcoholics Anonymous or AA is a wonderful support group that is dedicated to helping those who are willing to admit that they are struggling with alcoholism, and help others to continue their path of sobriety. People can attend as many meetings as necessary in their personal recovery journey.
There are several AA meetings taking place throughout the week in and near Bullhead City.
What is Al-Anon?
Al-Anon is a family support group for those whose life has been affected by someone’s drinking. It is a place where people can come together, share similar experiences, and learn how to apply the Al-Anon principles to the situation. They are given the opportunity to learn about what they are going through from others who are experiencing similar situations.
A few facts about Al-Anon:
- It is a free program, with no registration needed.
- Al-Anon’s primary purpose is to help friends and family members of alcoholics.
- The group is not for finding or maintaining sobriety, but to focus on friends and family who have been affected by alcoholism.
There are several Al-Anon Meetings taking place throughout the week in and near Bullhead City.
The Need for Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Treatment and Support in Bullhead City, AZ – Statistics
Bullhead City, AZ is located in Mohave County, AZ. According to the Mohave County Community Health Needs Assessment from 2019:
- For every 100,000 deaths, 24.7 deaths occur due to Mental or Substance Abuse Disorder in Mohave County
- 13% of the population in Mohave County experience mental distress.
- The Mohave County rate of binge drinking is higher than any of it’s peer counties.
- Of the ten leading causes of death in Mohave County, two have an increasing trend in recent years: death from self harm and interpersonal violence, and death from mental and substance abuse disorders.
- 24% of total motor vehicle crash deaths can be attributed to alcohol use.
- According to 32.4% of respondents it is believe that the selling or use of drugs is a big problem occurring in Mohave County, AZ.
- In health behaviors, Mohave County ranks 12th out of the 15 counties in Arizona.
- 32.7% of the respondents believe that access to mental health providers is important to have within their community.
Support Groups vs. Professional Treatment – Which is Better?
Rehabilitation for substance abuse is incredibly personalized and specific for each individual. For some people, their addiction is severe and inpatient rehab is incredibly important during their recovery. For others, their addiction may not be as serious and outpatient rehab, along with support group meetings, like Alcoholics Anonymous can be just as effective.
AA can be incredibly helpful for those who are:
- Beginning their outpatient recovery journey for a mild addiction
- Have already completed inpatient rehab and are continuing their recovery journey
- Have a stable and supportive home environment
- Do not have a history of relapse
Speaking with a professional is always important to know what route should be taken.
Just like people struggling with an addiction, need help and support, family members also may need help and support. Inpatient programs often offer family therapy, where everyone comes together and talks about the situation. But, if the person is achieving sobriety as an outpatient with support groups or not working towards sobriety, friends and family also need help and support as well. This is why family support groups, like Al-Anon, are important.
Al-Anon gives support to those who are a friend or family, regardless of whether the person who is dealing with substance abuse is actively in recovery or not. Al-Anon understands that friends and family need help and support as well, while navigating the difficult situation of substance abuse.
Get More Information About Recovery Meetings in or Near Bullhead City, AZ
Here at Springboard Recovery, we understand that substance abuse does not just affect the person but their family members as well. We want to help support everyone during the recovery process.
We understand that not everyone will be well suited for inpatient rehabilitation or the family therapy sessions. Attending a support group may be the correct route instead. This includes support for friends and family members who know a loved one struggling with substance abuse. Along with information on Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon meetings, you can also find information on other meeting happening here in Bullhead City:
Bullhead City, Arizona has several different meeting options for people and families who are either dealing with or know of someone dealing with substance abuse. These groups are free and meet weekly.
Would you or a loved one like to know about recovery groups and family support groups happening in or near Bullhead City area? We are here to help, so please contact us today.