The Bridgeport area has several SMART Recovery meetings scheduled each week.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
The Need for SMART Recovery Meetings in Bridgeport, Connecticut
There are many people who live in Bridgeport, Connecticut who are struggling because of drug addictions. For some, though they may want to seek help for their addiction, they may not have the funds to attend inpatient rehabilitation. This is where SMART Recovery Meetings can help.
SMART Recovery is a science-based program that was created to help people who struggle with all types of addictions. The program empowers its members to make positive changes in their lives. It is a free program to anyone who wants to work towards sobriety.
Drug Addiction Statistics for Bridgeport, Connecticut
Bridgeport is a town, located in the county of Fairfield, Connecticut. According to the most recent Health Needs Assessment, written in 2019, drug-related deaths have risen over the course of the last several years, mainly due to the use of fentanyl.
The death rates have been higher for white residents of Fairfield County, though there have been many drug-related deaths among people of color. Some other important information the Health Needs Assessment covered was:
- 5% of the adult population believed that youth almost certainly would be susceptible to the use of drugs or alcohol, with 46% of the adult population thinking it is a toss-up.
- Between 2012-2018, the drug-related death rates rose to 37 deaths per million.
- Between 2014-2016, drug overdose deaths doubled from 74-157.
- Between 2015-2018, Fairfield County averaged 15 drug-related deaths per 100,00 with the state of Connecticut averaging 24.2 drug-related deaths per 100,000.
- In 2016, the state of Connecticut’s drug-related deaths ranked 11th in America
- In 2017, 76% of drug-related deaths occurred due to the use of fentanyl.
- In 2018, 5% of adults reported heavy drinking habits.
Getting Treatment for Addiction at SpringBoard Recovery
Taking the steps towards addiction recovery is an important part of a person’s health journey. It is vital that they choose the correct course of treatment. While some people choose to attend treatment in their hometown, or nearby, it is also encouraged that people look at rehab options outside their city or even state. At times, it can be incredibly beneficial for a person to leave their home to seek treatment for their addiction. Sometimes the home environment is not conducive to a person’s recovery. Perhaps the person wants a brand new start as they take steps towards their sobriety.
Here at SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help individuals get the rehabilitation that will best fit their needs. Located in the beautiful city of Scottsdale, Arizona, we offer a variety of different types of rehabilitation options for everyone.