There are a lot of free drug and alcohol rehab options available to people in Apache Junction, Arizona. Many of them rely upon the concept of peer support, which is known to be a critical aspect of recovery.
CHOOSE A DAY TO SEE AVAILABLE PATIENT MEETINGS
What are Smart Recovery Meetings?
SMART Recovery is the leading most self-empowering support groups for people struggling with any type of addiction. People who participate in SMART Recovery meetings learn tools that have been scientifically proven to be effective in helping people fully recover from drug and alcohol addiction.
SMART Recovery is a 4 point program consisting of these elements:
- Point 1 Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Coping with Urges
- Managing Thoughts, Feelings, and Behavior
- Living a Balanced Life
SMART Recovery’s purpose is to assist individuals who have chosen to abstain from an addiction lifestyle by teaching them how to change self-defeating thoughts, emotions, and actions. We empower people to work towards a long term satisfying and quality life.
The Approach used in SMART Recovery meetings is:
- Teaching people self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- Encouraging people to live satisfying lives (what that looks like and feels like).
- Teaching them tools to help them make changes they need to make.
- Educational and discussions
- Advocates that people receive the psychological therapy they may need and use medications that may help in the right way.
- Using scientific proven methods and we incorporate fresh ideas from research that have proven to effectively help people remain sober.
Smart Recovery teaches individuals to use tools and techniques that have proven effective in helping people live satisfying and quality lives. As people progress toward Point 4 in the program, SMART Recovery encourages people to practice using the tools and techniques they have learned while in this program.These tools are used to help people achieve healthy balance in their lives and leads them to a healthy and fulfilling life. These tools include:
- Stages of change
- Change plan worksheet
- Decision making sheets (finances, budget, etc.)
- Urge coping sheet
- Emotional upsets sheet
- Destructive images and self-talk awareness & refusal method
- Hierarchy of values
- Role playing and rehearsing
- Unconditional self-acceptance
Place “ Statistics for Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Apache Junction, Arizona” after “What are SMART Recovery Meetings?”
Statistics for Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Apache Junction, Arizona
In the 2020 Pinal Community Health Assessments report, it was noted that the top two health issue concerns were mental illness (57% ) and substance abuse (53%). This shows a strong need in this county for drug and alcohol intervention. In this report, there were questions about what are the risky behaviors most people are concerned about and the top risky behavior was drug abuse/misuse (83%).
Statistics are as follows:
- 20.2% of youth reported using alcohol in the last 30 days.
- 15.7% of youth reported using marijuanna in the last 30 days.
- Apache junction had 26.5 % drug induced deaths.
- Apache junction had 12.5 opioids related deaths.
- 56% of survey respondents reported that either, themselves, a friend, or family member has experienced alcohol abuse or addiction.
- 44% reported a friend, family member, or self as experiencing some of the following circumstances related to drugs: addiction (35%), misuse/abuse (34%), incarceration (18%), overdose (15%), and death (14%).
In the report, the respondents were asked what resources would help reduce drug and alcohol misuse/abuse/addiction in their community:
- More resources to help manage stress/mental health issues.
- More programs for kids/teens.
- More support groups.
- More options for nonaddictive pain relief.
- More treatment facilities.
- More events about drug misuse/addiction.
- More police/sheriff involvement.
- More support from employers.
How Do People Know if They Need Support Groups or Professional Treatment?
When people come to the place where they can admit that they have an addiction problem, it is important that they receive the right type treatment. Only then can they have success in their journey to recover from an addiction. People cannot go on this journey alone and expect to be successful. They may wonder if alcohol and drug rehab is necessary or if they can just attend support groups. This is a decision that they cannot make on their own. They will need to seek professional help from quality staff at an alcohol and drug rehab facility. Once they have made contact with a professional intake person from a rehab facility. They will be given assessments and questionnaires that will help healthcare professionals come to well informed decisions based on reliable data received from the assessments and questionnaires given. Based on the data received, people will either be directed to a rehab facility, an outpatient program, or support groups. An expert team will help them make this very important decision. People may benefit from outpatient treatment if:
- They have already gone through a rehab program.
- Have a strong support system at home.
- They have not been in an addiction for long.
- They have a mild addiction.
- They do not have a long history of relapsing.
Get More Information About Recovery Meetings in or Near Apache Junction, AZ
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help everyone get the support they need. It is important that they receive the right level of care. They may need rehab in which they will stay in a facility for a minimum of 28 days, maybe longer if needed. The reality is that not everyone is a candidate for drug and alcohol rehab. Going to outpatient support groups may be exactly what is needed for some people. In addition to getting information about Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon meetings, you can also find information on:
Apache Junction, Arizona has many options available to people who are looking for ways to recover from addiction. We have programs that can help you or your loved one. There are also programs to assist loved ones as they navigate these difficult times as well. We understand that addiction affects the well being of the whole family and it is our mission and purpose to help the whole family.
Would you like to know more about the recovery meetings in and around the Apache Junction area? Please contact us today.