People who live in Naperville, IL can find several options for drug and alcohol rehab in their local community. The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are 10 of them to choose from. They all provide various levels of care, including inpatient and outpatient treatment.
People are hesitant to go to rehab for many reasons. Some may think it is not effective and others may be nervous about what to expect. We want to clarify what drug and alcohol rehab is and how it can help people in Naperville be successful in recovery.
Naperville, IL Addiction Statistics: How Many People Need Rehab?
There are a lot of people in Naperville who would benefit from professional addiction treatment. The statistics tell the whole story.
According to from DuPage County Community Health Needs Assessment in 2019:
- Between 2015 and 2017, the age-adjusted rate of hospitalizations because of substance abuse was 9.2 for every 10,000 adults.
- This means that DuPage ranks in the bottom 50% of all counties in Illinois.
- In 2018, 39% of high school seniors stated that they had consumed alcohol within the last month.
- 24% of them stated that they had used marijuana within the last month.
- In 2017, there were 72 deaths from overdosing on heroin.
- That number is an increase from 2014, when it was 33.
- 44% of people in DuPage county believe that drug abuse is the county’s biggest health concern.
- 43% of people stated that they felt the biggest health concern was mental health.
- 58% of people said that they felt drug abuse was the top riskiest behavior in the county.
- 34% chose alcohol abuse.
Understanding Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Naperville
Going to a Naperville drug and alcohol rehab facility offers hope to people who are addicted to these substances. The goal is to help people stop using and remain abstinent in recovery. This is accomplished through two major forms of treatment, which we discuss below.
Most people are aware of the fact that when they stop using drugs or alcohol, they will go through withdrawal. That is what makes the detoxification process so important. Drug and alcohol detox can effectively lessen the severity of withdrawal symptoms. It can also help people avoid potential complications when they stop using.
In Naperville, detox programs usually combine medical and holistic treatments to get the best results. Medical detox can be effective because patients take medications for their symptoms. Holistic detox is also important because it uses a more natural means of recovery, such as therapy, nutrition counseling and exercise.
During rehab, the aim is to address the psychological side of the addiction. Therapists work hard to understand why people started using in the first place. Once the underlying cause is determined, the treatment plan will include the best ways to treat it.
Many people begin using drugs and alcohol because they have co-occurring disorders, which is another term for mental health issues. For these individuals, using substances has become a method of self-medication to help them feel better.
Rehab involves many types of therapy, including family sessions and both individual and group therapy sessions.
How Effective is Addiction Treatment for Long-Term Recovery?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, addiction is a disease and should be thought of in the same way as other diseases. When people go to rehab, they have about a 40%-60% chance of relapsing. But the same is true for other diseases. For example, people who receive treatment for hypertension have a 50%-70% chance of relapsing.
Proper follow-up care can go a long way toward avoiding and preventing a relapse after rehab is over. Also, choosing the right treatment program can result in the best possible outcome.
Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehabs in Naperville, Illinois
People all have very different needs when it comes to addiction recovery. There are many types of rehab programs in Naperville, which can meet those needs. But it is important for people to choose the method that will work best for them.
An inpatient rehab is a facility that offers a 28-day program for addiction recovery. It is a residential program with both medical and therapeutic staff on hand at all times. During inpatient treatment, patients receive many types of therapy, including group and individual sessions.
There are several types of outpatient rehab programs available in Naperville. They include all of the following:
- Traditional outpatient treatment – More traditional outpatient rehab programs are usually based on individual therapy alone. This might not be the best option for someone who is new to treatment. But it can work really well as a form of follow-up care.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, offer a higher level of care on an outpatient basis. Their programs are flexible and they usually meet during the evenings.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, operate during the daytime hours. They accept patients with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
Long-term or residential rehab programs are available for people who have not been successful in inpatient treatment. They allow their patients to stay for extended periods of time while they get help and support.
Traveling to Naperville, Illinois for Rehab
There is a lot to consider when talking about where to go for rehab. One of the first things to consider is if the rehab should be in state or out of state. While there are some advantages to staying near home, there are quite a number of advantages to going out of state for rehab.
The following are some reasons a person might choose to go out of state rehab:
- To break the daily routine: a person who is addicted to drugs or alcohol has developed relationships with people who not only enable the addiction but also share it. These relationships are toxic but they are how the person relates to the world in everyday life. Out of state rehab could help reverse the pattern of choosing relationships with these kinds of people by putting the person around people who encourage sobriety and want the best for them.
- A commitment to finish the program: when entering rehab, the goal is to complete the program. Completion is vital to long term success. However, because rehab is voluntary, participants can leave any time they want to. They can call someone to pick them up or simply walk where they want to go. If they go out of state, the likelihood of this happening is low because they have nowhere to go. They also have the responsibility for their own way home.
- To limit distractions: there can be many things that could distract someone from attaining their goals in rehab. There are distractions at home, at work, with friends and family, and there are triggers. When triggered, the patient seeks out the drug or alcohol and could possibly relapse if they are already in a rehab program. When out of state for rehab, these distractions stay at home. Distractions are greatly reduced, helping the patient to focus better while there.
- To maintain confidentiality and privacy: sometimes, a patient is someone who holds a highly respected status in a community. Because of their job or position of authority, going out of state is the best option because of confidentiality and privacy. This can be true for anyone looking to keep their rehab a private matter.
- To experience different facilities: every rehab experience is unique to the patient’s needs. And, every rehab facility is different. They can offer different treatments, programs or therapies that cater to those unique needs. The facility in Naperville, IL may have programs that a local facility may not have.
- To start a new life: most people who enter rehab want the same thing- to have a fresh start. Fresh new relationships, fresh habits and a fresh outlook on life, all beginning the, on their journey toward sobriety.
Come look into our facility in Naperville, Illinois if you are considering out of state rehab.
Find Out More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Naperville, Illinois
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help as many people in Naperville as possible. Recovering from addiction is possible with the right support. Our addiction treatment program can provide the assistance that people so desperately need.
Do you need to talk with someone about our drug and alcohol rehab program in Naperville? Please contact us today.