Alcohol and Drug Rehab: Treatment and Recovery Information and Options
It is possible to recover from an addiction, and going to drug and alcohol rehab in Cicero, IL can help. There are many options to choose from in the local community. According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are a total of 73 facilities to choose from within a 5-mile radius.
With so many available options, why is it so hard for people to make the decision to get professional help? One reason could be lack of understanding of what going to treatment involves. We want to help people understand the benefits of drug and alcohol rehab in Cicero and what they can expect.
Addiction Statistics in Cicero, IL: How Many People Could Benefit from Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
The vast majority of people in Cicero who need to go to rehab never get professional help for their addictions. Many people die from drug overdoses every year. The statistics tell the entire story.
WTTW News reported that:
- In 2017, there were more than 2,000 people who died from opioid overdoses in Illinois.
- That number included a total of 399 people in suburban Cook County.
- A little more than half of those deaths (202) involved the use of Fentanyl.
- There was a huge increase in opioid-related mortality rates in Cook County.
- The largest increase was 350%, which was seen in the South district.
- In 2017, the CDC reported that there was a 65.5% spike in ER visits for suspected opioid overdoses.
The State of Illinois also reported that:
- Binge drinking tends to increase from ages 18 to 24, and then it decreases.
- 15.2% of students in grades 6-12 have participated in binge drinking.
- This number increases to 48.3% for college students.
- There are hundreds of deaths from alcohol-related motor vehicle accidents in Illinois every year.
- The majority of the victims were people who were between the ages of 21 and 30.
Understanding Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Going to a Cicero drug and alcohol rehab offers people the opportunity to get professional help for substance abuse. The best programs provide treatment for both sides of addiction – the physical and mental aspects. This is done through two types of treatments; detox and rehab.
Combining both ensures that people get exactly what they need to recover successfully. It is helpful to understand what takes place during each type of treatment.
The Detoxification Process
Drug and alcohol detox aims to address the physical side of addiction. When people stop using substances, they typically go through withdrawal symptoms, which can become rather severe. Sometimes there are also complications that people experience as well.
Detoxing introduces medical and holistic therapies that can help minimize withdrawal symptoms. At the same time, it can help to reduce the risk of any serious medical problems developing as well.
Rehab and Therapy
After detox is over, rehab is the next step in treatment. This involves many different types of therapy, including individual and group sessions. Family therapy may be included as well, depending on the client’s needs.
The goal of rehab is to determine what caused the addiction and then prescribe the appropriate type of treatment. For many people, co-occurring disorders are at the root of their substance abuse problems. But proper treatment can help to stop any self-medicating behaviors and give people a better chance of being successful in recovery.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Cicero, IL
There are several different types of drug and alcohol rehab centers in Cicero, Illinois. Everyone is different as far as what they need when they get professional addiction treatment. It is important to choose the program that is right for them.
Outpatient Treatment Options
Outpatient rehab allows people to live at home while they get the help they need to recover. There are a few different types available, such as:
Outpatient treatment typically offers a lower level of care than what is available at an inpatient facility. But some people do very well with certain types of outpatient programs as long as they are more intensive.
Inpatient Treatment Options
There are two basic types of inpatient rehab programs in Cicero. They are 28-day programs and long-term rehab.
During a 28-day rehab stay, patients will go through the detoxification process (if needed) and participate in therapy sessions. They will encounter various types of treatment, including getting help for any co-occurring disorders.
Long-term rehab is for people with severe substance abuse problems. These individuals may not have done well with inpatient rehab in the past and they may have a history of relapsing. Long-term rehab facilities often let patients stay for several months while they get the support and help they need.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are houses that can help people in recovery who need a place to live. These individuals often cannot return home because it is not safe for them. They may live with others who use substances, or there could be other issues. Residents need to follow certain rules, including paying rent and submitting to drug testing.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most influential and popular 12-Step programs available. They offer recovery meetings that are peer-led, and there are many that take place in Cicero every week.
Traveling to Cicero, Illinois for Rehab
There are many rehab facilities and programs all over the country. Many people might not consider going out of state for rehab. While some see advantages to staying close to home, there can be many benefits to leaving home and going out of state
The following are some of the benefits of going out of state for rehab:
- To break the daily routine: there are routines that we all make in our day. Some people work better on a routine, so they aren’t always bad. However, an addict can develop negative routines that encourage and feed their addiction. Maybe they stop by the same bar that’s on the way home from work every night. Or they go see the local drug dealer at the same time in the same place every day. These are habits that need to be broken in order to begin sobriety. Being out of state is the best place for this because it is a completely different environment.
- A commitment to finish the program: no one is forced to participate in a rehab program. Because it is completely voluntary, someone can leave whenever they want to. This is strongly discouraged because long term sobriety is much more likely with completion of the program. However, if they want to leave and are close to home, they can have someone pick them up and just go home. Being out of state makes this harder because there is no one to pick them up. They also have the daunting task of finding their own way home.
- To limit distractions: an addict can have a lot of distractions in the form of negative influences in their life. These triggers and temptations could make it too easy for an addict to relapse back into an unwanted way of life. Being out of state can put some much needed distance between them and the distractions they face.
- To maintain confidentiality and privacy: many people cherish their privacy and this can especially be true of those who enter a rehab program. Many times they feel they will be judged by others and fear that if they see other program participants in the community, they will be found out by people who know them. There is a very low chance of this happening if an out of state rehab is chosen.
- To experience different facilities: no two rehab facilities are the same. A hometown treatment facility may not have the specific treatment or program that a patient needs. Out of state rehab could offer more treatment catered more to the needs of the patient.
- To start a new life: ultimately, sobriety is the goal for every addict. This means they have to have a fresh start. They have to change the way people view them and the way they see themself. Being out of state, they can get a new look at who they really are and grow their self esteem and build new relationships as they work toward their goals.
If you want to travel out of state for rehab, consider our facility in Cicero, Illinois.
Traveling from Cicero, Illinois to Arizona for Addiction Treatment
Sometimes people prefer to travel to go to rehab instead of going to a facility in their own city. There are a lot of benefits to traveling from Cicero to Arizona for treatment, including more privacy.
At SpringBoard Recovery, we offer one of the best outpatient rehab programs in Arizona. We can also accommodate people who are coming from out of town with our sober living home.