DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN West-Allis, Wisconsin
Information, Statistics and Treatment Programs
Alcohol and drug rehab centers are available in West Allis, Wisconsin to help people who are struggling with addiction. So many people struggle with their substance abuse problems in silence, and they never get the help they need. They may not know what types of programs are available or where to turn to get support.
There is no denying that it can be hard to recover from an addiction. It can quickly take over a person’s life and impact their family as well. It is beneficial to get help from professionals who understand the best ways to treat substance abuse. There are many facilities in West Allis that can help people by providing high-quality drug and alcohol treatment.
find meetings in or near West-Allis:
Substance Abuse Statistics in West Allis, Wisconsin: Do People Really Need Rehab?
Drug and alcohol addiction is a widespread problem all across the State of Wisconsin. But West Allis has a lot of people who are struggling because of their substance abuse problems. It can help to take a look at the statistics to really see the scope of the issue.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for West Allis-West Milwaukee:
- 32% of the people in the county report binge drinking within the last 30 days.
- 65% of the people chose drug or alcohol use as one of their top three issues facing the community.
- More than 18% of high school sophomores have taken painkillers without a prescription.
- About 8% of high school sophomores report that they have participated in binge drinking.
- In 2014, more than 1,300 pounds of prescription drugs were dropped off at the West Allis Police Department.
- Almost 33% of students report having tried marijuana at least once.
- In 2015, there were 45 arrests and 4 deaths because of heroin overdoses in West Allis.
- 4% of people state that someone in their household has a problem with alcohol.
These statistics demonstrate the need for drug and alcohol treatment options in West Allis. People need to know that help is available for them so they can quit.
Understanding Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Drug and alcohol rehab is a place where people can go to get help for their substance abuse problems. Professional treatment provides the support people need to recover successfully by addressing the two sides of the issue – physical and psychological addiction. Both detox and therapy are needed to meet this goal.
Detoxing off drugs and alcohol means getting treatment for withdrawal symptoms. The right type of care can help to eliminate some symptoms completely and reduce the severity of others. Going through the detoxification process can also help people avoid some of the possible complications that can occur during recovery.
Therapy is also a necessary part of recovery. It is vitally important to identify the reasons behind a person’s addiction. Once those reasons are known, the underlying cause can be treated, which can reduce the risk of relapsing. Several types of therapy are offered during rehab, including individual, group and family sessions.
How Many Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities are Located in West Allis?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 24 drug and alcohol rehab centers within 5 miles of West Allis. They offer various types of treatment, including inpatient and outpatient care. There are also sober living homes and detox programs as well.
Types of Rehab Facilities in West Allis, Wisconsin
The West Allis area offers several types of rehab programs for people to choose from. They are all very different and they include inpatient and outpatient options. But not all of the ones we listed below are right for everyone.
It is always a good idea to talk with a professional and get their recommendation before choosing an addiction treatment program. This will ensure that people get the type of help that is right for them.
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs
As we mentioned earlier, drug and alcohol detox is an important component of addiction recovery. It may be required for some types of addictions, such as for people who are addicted to opioids, alcohol or benzodiazepines. It may be recommended for others.
There are several types of treatment offered during the detoxification process. Sometimes the following may even be combined in some cases.
- Medical detox – Many treatment programs offer medical detox. This method involves the use of medications to help with individual symptoms, such as nausea or depression. It also provides medical supervision in the event of a complication.
- Holistic detox – While medical detox is important, holistic treatments and therapy can help with the detoxification process as well. Nutrition therapy, meditation, journaling and exercise are all examples of holistic care during recovery.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, is a newer form of detox that has been shown to help people in recovery from alcohol or opioid addiction. It allows people to take medications that have been FDA approved to treat these substance abuse problems. MAT should always include behavioral therapy as well.
Outpatient Rehab Facilities
Outpatient rehab programs can provide treatment for addiction to people while they continue to live at home. There are three main levels of care available on an outpatient basis, but they are not all appropriate for someone who is new to recovery.
- Traditional outpatient therapy – Outpatient therapy is the lowest level of care available. It typically only involves individual counseling sessions, though some programs may also include group therapy as well.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, are day treatment programs that offer the highest level of care that is available on an outpatient basis. Clients come to the facility for treatment as often as 5-7 days per week.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, can provide people with a high level of care that is more flexible. Appointments are usually in the evening, and clients may need to attend 3-5 times per week.
Inpatient treatment programs are where many people begin their recovery journeys. This level of care involves a 28-day residential stay in a facility while the patient gets the help they need. Many inpatient rehab centers also provide detox services. Those that do not should always offer their patients a referral for a program that does. Once the patient finishes, they can return to complete their treatment.
Inpatient rehab mostly involves different types of therapy, including individual and group sessions. There are also many activities for people to participate in, and additional therapy options.
Long-term rehabilitation programs are there to help people who need an even higher level of care than inpatient treatment can offer. This type of care can work well for people who have a history of relapsing or who have been addicts for a long time. It can take several months for people to get through recovery. Long-term treatment allows people to stay for an extended period of time.
12-Step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, can provide peer support as people recover from their addictions. The meetings are held weekly, and they are run by others who are also in recovery. This is not a form of professional treatment.
There are several AA and NA meetings taking place in the West Allis area every week. They can work really well alongside an outpatient treatment program.
Sober Living Homes
Sometimes returning home is not a viable option for people after rehab or while they are attending outpatient treatment. Sober living homes provide an option for people who need a safe place to live while they continue in the healing process. Residents must abide by certain rules, such as paying rent each month and attending some type of rehab program.
Going to Arizona from West Allis for Rehab: Are There Benefits to Traveling for Treatment?
Traveling from West Allis to Arizona for rehab is something that a lot of people might want to consider doing. It can be very beneficial to go away from home to get help for recovery. Some of those benefits include:
- Experiencing a change in mindset. Traveling somewhere for recovery help can help people get more motivated to make real changes in their lives.
- Having more privacy. People who are teachers, doctors or other professionals may not feel comfortable going to rehab in their own city.
- Accessing better forms of treatment. Not every West Allis rehab program offers treatment for co-occurring disorders or holistic care, for example.
- Being able to focus on one’s own recovery needs and setting aside their everyday stressors.
- Finding a rehab program that is in-network with their health insurance.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN West-Allis, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
West-Allis AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near West-Allis:
There are many West Allis AA meetings scheduled for every week.
There are many Alateen meetings being held in West Allis on a weekly basis.
There are many NA meetings taking place in West Allis and the local area every week.
There are several West Allis area SMART Recovery meetings being held every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Get More Information About West Allis Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Traveling for Rehab
At SpringBoard Recovery, we would love to provide more information about traveling to Arizona for rehab. We can also help people who are searching for treatment options in West Allis.
Would you like to know more? Please contact us.