DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Options for Drug and Alcohol Rehab and Recovery
Going to drug and alcohol rehab in Wauwatosa, WI is a great way for people to get the support they need to stop using substances. There are many people who are struggling in this city, and many do not know where to turn to get assistance. They may not believe that professional treatment will be effective for them, or there could be other barriers to treatment as well.
But the reality is that it can make a big difference when people go to rehab. There, they can learn the coping skills they need to stop using for good and instead, embrace a life that is substance-free. It can help to know as much as possible about drug and alcohol treatment in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
find meetings in or near Wauwatosa:
Wauwatosa, WI Substance Abuse Statistics, Facts and Information
Addiction is a problem that Wisconsin has been dealing with for a very long time. Wauwatosa is no exception, and there are many people there who are struggling because of their substance abuse problems. The statistics paint an interesting picture.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for Milwaukee County:
- 32% of people state that they have participated in binge drinking during the last month.
- Since 2006, more women are binge drinking than ever before. The rate has gone from 10% to 32%.
- Wisconsin reports the highest rate of binge drinking in the United States.
- 67% of adults in Milwaukee County state that they have experienced one or more adverse childhood experiences.
- In 2017, there were 337 opioid overdose deaths in the county.
- Of those deaths, 97% of the people had previously received treatment for a substance abuse disorder.
- The rate of hospitalizations in the county is 17.2 for every 10,000 residents.
- This is much higher than the state average of 10.5 for every 10,000 residents.
- 23% of people report having a serious mental health condition over the last three years.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab and How Can it Help with Recovery?
Going to an alcohol and drug rehab in Wauwatosa is the best way for people in the local area to get help with their addictions. Professional treatment can provide a lot of support to people who are struggling, but who want to recover. During rehab, it is important to address both the physical and psychological aspects of addiction. This is done through detox and therapy.
The detoxification process can help people manage their withdrawal symptoms. It can also help them avoid experiencing any of the complications that can sometimes accompany withdrawal. There are different types of treatment that are offered during detox, and we will discuss them in just a moment.
Therapy is also critical because it addresses the mental side of addiction. Everyone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol started using for a reason. Sometimes they begin because they are stressed out or because of something traumatic that has happened in their lives. For many people, their substance abuse started because they were attempting to self-medicate a co-occurring disorder. The right treatment can help with this by addressing the root cause through therapy.
How Many Addiction Treatment Programs are in Wauwatosa?
There are a total of 67 drug and alcohol treatment programs within 25 miles of Wauwatosa, according to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool. They offer various levels of care, including detox, inpatient and outpatient treatment.
What Options do People Have Available to Them in Wauwatosa for Drug and Alcohol Treatment?
When a person goes to drug and alcohol rehab, they have several options as far as programs that might be a good fit. But not every level of care is right for every person. It is important for people to find what will work best for them.
Talking with a professional before choosing a rehab program is very important. People need to make sure they are getting the appropriate type of treatment.
Drug and alcohol detox is often the very first step in the recovery process for many people. It really depends on the type of addiction they have and what their individual needs are. Detoxing helps with withdrawal symptoms by addressing them directly. It aids in the process of removing toxins from the body that can contribute to withdrawal. It can also help to protect people from experience complications during the early stages of recovery.
There are a few different types of treatment available for drug and alcohol detox. The treatment team will decide which one to use, or they may use a combination.
- Medication assisted treatment – MAT is for people who are addicted to opioids or alcohol. This type of care allows people to take FDA approved medications that have been formulated to help with these specific addictions. It also involves behavioral therapy.
- Medical detox – Many doctors and treatment teams choose to use medical detox to help people with their withdrawal symptoms. Not only do they receive supervision in the event of an emergency, but they can also take medications to help with individual symptoms.
- Holistic detox – Natural therapies have been developed that can help people through the detoxification process. Dietary changes, nutrition therapy and exercise are just some examples of the types of treatment that might be used.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment provides 28 days of uninterrupted drug and alcohol treatment. This is a higher level of care, and it is also where many people begin the process of recovering from their addictions. Inpatient rehab programs may provide their own in-house detox services, but not all of them do. Those that do not should always refer their patients to detoxification programs they know and trust.
Outpatient Treatment Centers
Outpatient addiction treatment programs offer a more flexible option for people in need of rehab. They are not appropriate for everyone at every stage of the recovery process, but they can work well when they are utilized correctly.
- Traditional outpatient rehab involves working with a therapist in individual counseling sessions. Clients may or may not also receive group therapy and they may need to attend appointments as often as 3 times per week.
- Partial hospitalization programs offer the highest level of care that is available on an outpatient basis. Clients come to treatment as often as 5-7 days per week and participate in various therapy sessions and activities.
- Intensive outpatient programs usually take place during the evening hours. Clients come to treatment between 3-5 days per week and receive individual and group therapy.
Sometimes people need a longer period of time to recover from their addictions. Long-term rehab programs can provide them with that time. This level of care is appropriate for people who have been using for many years, or who have a history of relapsing. Patients can stay for an extended period of time while they get the help they need.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are there to provide people in recovery with safe places to live while they focus on the healing process. Residents are required to pay rent in order to live there, but there are usually no time limits on how long they can stay. They must secure their own outpatient treatment programs and abide by the house rules.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most common 12-Step programs in the world. They have helped many people be successful in recovery. These programs are peer-led, which means there is no professional treatment available through them.
Traveling to Arizona from Wauwatosa for Rehab: Is it Feasible? Will it Make a Difference?
Going to rehab in one’s own city works for some people, but it does not work for everyone. A lot of people choose to travel to Arizona to get the addiction treatment they need. Some of their reasons might include:
- Finding a treatment program that offers dual diagnosis treatment or another type of care that is not available in Wauwatosa.
- Having a need for privacy because they work in public jobs.
- Needing a rehab program that will participate with their health insurance.
- Wanting to change their mindset with regard to treatment and needing to be more motivated to get help.
- Needing to relocate to a new city or state because their home may not be safe.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Wauwatosa AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Wauwatosa:
There are several Wauwatosa area AA meetings every week.
There are many Wauwatosa area Alateen meetings taking place every week.
There are many NA meetings taking place in Wauwatosa every week.
There are many Wauwatosa area SMART Recovery meetings being held every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More about Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Wauwatosa, WI and in Arizona
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help as many people as possible get the help they need for their substance abuse problems. Going to Arizona for rehab offers so many great benefits, and it is a great place to begin one’s recovery journey.
Would you like to talk with someone about traveling to Arizona for rehab? Are you interested in learning more about the treatment options in Wauwatosa? Please contact us today.