DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Wausau, Wisconsin
Learn About Treatment Options and Recovery
Drug and alcohol rehab options are readily available to help people who live in Wausau, WI. They can find everything they need to be successful in addiction recovery. Still, there are those who refuse to get the help they need to stop using and embrace a life that is free from substance abuse.
This could be for a number of reasons. Sometimes people simply believe that addiction recovery will not be effective for them. There are also other real barriers to treatment, such as the stigma that accompanies getting help for substance abuse. Once people learn more about drug and alcohol rehab in Wausau, they are often more willing to consider getting the help they need.
find meetings in or near Wausau:
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Statistics for Wausau, Wisconsin
There are many people who live in Wausau who are battling substance abuse problems. Addiction can be a lonely condition and a lot of people may not know where to turn to get the help they need. The statistics paint an accurate picture of the scope of this issue in this part of Wisconsin.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for the Wausau area:
- Drug and alcohol use and mental health issues are the top of the priority list for the county.
- Wisconsin leads the county when it comes to adult alcohol use, heavy drinking and binge drinking behaviors.
- 26% of young people in the county report drinking more than a sip of alcohol before they were 13 years old.
- 32% of high school students state that they currently drink alcohol.
- The same is true for 5% of middle school students.
- Oxycodone and Vicodin are the most abused prescription drugs in the Wausau community.
- The most abused illegal drugs are meth, cocaine, heroin and marijuana.
- Many people believe that mental health services in Wausau are lacking, and they need more options.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Going to alcohol and drug rehab can provide people with the support they need to stop using substances successfully. But how does it work? The goal is to address the two most important aspects of addiction recovery – a person’s physical and psychological dependence on drugs and alcohol. This is done through detox and rehab.
The drug and alcohol detox process can help people by treating their withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal can become really severe with some types of drugs, making it nearly impossible for people to stop using without some type of professional help. Sometimes withdrawal can lead to complications and even become fatal if it is left untreated. Detoxing can help with both problems, making it easier and safer for people to stop using.
Therapy during rehab is also an essential part of the recovery process. The goal of therapy is to identify what it was that led to the person’s substance abuse problem. Many people use because they are self-medicating the symptoms of a co-occurring disorder, or mental health problem. It is important that the underlying cause be determined so that the person can get the right kind of treatment.
How Many Addiction Treatment Centers are Located in Wausau?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 5 drug and alcohol treatment facilities within 5 miles of Wausau. 4 of them are within 5 miles of the city. They include both inpatient and outpatient rehab options.
Types of Rehab Facilities in Wausau, WI: Where to Get Treatment
People have several options available to them when it comes to getting drug and alcohol treatment. It is important for people to know what they are so they can choose the one that will best meet their needs.
Everyone has their own needs during addiction recovery. Different levels of care will work for different people. It can be helpful to consult with a professional to get a recommendation before making a decision.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
We talked a little about drug and alcohol detox earlier and how important it is. This method of treatment should come first because it is important to address the severity of withdrawal. Detoxing is the process of removing toxins from the body that can contribute to symptoms. It can also help people stop using safely and potentially avoid emergency situations.
There are a few different types of treatment available to people as they go through the detoxification process.
- Medical detox means that the patient can be prescribed medications to help with their withdrawal symptoms. Medical supervision is also provided in the event of an emergency or complication.
- Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, offers treatment for people who are addicted to alcohol or opioid drugs. There are specific medications that have been FDA approved to treat these types of withdrawal symptoms. This method can work really well when it is accompanied by behavioral therapy.
- Holistic detox refers to the use of more natural treatment options to address withdrawal symptoms. This could involve nutrition therapy, dietary changes and physical exercise programs.
For most people who are new to recovery, inpatient rehab offers them the level of care they need. This involves a 28-day residential stay in a facility while the person gets treatment for their substance abuse problems. It offers a lot of medical and therapeutic support.
Many inpatient rehab programs also offer detox services in-house. This is preferable because it can result in an easier transition between detox and rehab. Those that do not provide this service should always offer their patients a referral.
Outpatient Rehab Program Options
Outpatient rehab can be an effective way to recover from addiction under the right circumstances. There are various levels of care in order to meet everyone’s needs.
- Traditional outpatient rehab involves working with a therapist during individual sessions. People may come to treatment as often as 3 times per week.
- Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, can provide even more support during recovery. They are flexible, and appointments are held in the evenings. People may need to come to treatment as often as 3-5 times per week.
- Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, offer day treatment to people with mental health and addiction recovery needs. Clients may come to the program as often as 5-7 days a week.
Long-term treatment programs are there to help people who need to spend an extended period of time in rehab. Many of their patients have long histories of addiction and relapsing. They need more time in order to successfully recover, and may need to stay for several months as they work through the healing process.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes provide opportunities for people in recovery to live in an environment that is focused on staying clean. Residents are required to pay rent in order to live there. They may also have to abide by certain house rules. Sober living homes do not offer in-house addiction treatment. This must be secured on one’s own.
12-Step programs have been able to provide support to many people who live in Wausau. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are the two that most people have heard of. They offer peer counseling through weekly recovery meetings.
AA and NA are run by others who are also working on remaining clean and sober. They do not provide professional treatment. There are meetings taking place in Wausau every week.
Reasons to Consider Traveling to Arizona from Wausau for Rehab
Sometimes going to rehab near home can be a challenge. As we have seen, Wausau does not have many options for addiction treatment. But many people choose to travel to Arizona to get the help they need for any of the following reasons:
- It may not be safe for them to go home, so they want to relocate to a new area. Many people come to Arizona for rehab for this reason.
- They may want to travel to Arizona for rehab to change their mindset toward addiction recovery. This can help people get more motivated to get the help they need.
- They may want to protect their privacy as much as possible. It can be helpful to go to rehab outside of one’s city/state to maintain anonymity.
- They may want or need a type of rehab that is not available closer to home, such as a facility that offers dual diagnosis treatment.
- They may want to take the time away from home to fully concentrate on their own needs during recovery.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Wausau, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Wausau AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Wausau:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Wausau and Traveling to Arizona for Treatment
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to reach as many people as possible, and that includes people who live in Wausau, Wisconsin. With the right tools, those who are suffering because of their substance abuse problems can get the help they need.
Do you need to speak with someone about your options for drug and alcohol rehab in Wausau? Are you interested in learning more about traveling to Arizona for treatment? Please contact us today.