DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Waukesha, Wisconsin
Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers Mean There is Hope for Recovery
Going to drug and alcohol rehab in Waukesha, WI can help people who are currently battling addictions. They offer both professional and peer support that can make it possible for people to embrace lives of recovery. But there are a lot of people who never get the assistance they need to stop using. Sometimes this is because they simply do not know the options that are available to them.
Recovery is possible, even though it may be the biggest challenge a person ever faces. The right support can make such a big difference. It can help to know what to expect and what types of treatment are available. That is what we want to cover here as we discuss drug and alcohol rehab options in Waukesha.
find meetings in or near Waukesha:
Waukesha, WI Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
Waukesha, Wisconsin may be a great city to raise a family in, but there are many people there who struggle with addictions. This is a problem that can be easy to overlook, but it is prevalent.
According to the Waukesha County Health Needs Assessment for 2017:
- 26% of survey respondents stated that they had participated in binge drinking during the last 30 days.
- 2% of people stated that they had either driven a car under the influence of alcohol, or been a passenger when the driver had had too much to drink.
- Men are more likely to have participated in binge drinking in the last month than women.
- 42% of these individuals were between the ages of 18 and 34 years old.
- Less than 1% of people stated that during the last 12 months, they had used prescription opioids for nonmedical purposes.
- 2% reported having used heroin more than a year ago.
- Less than 1% stated that they had used cocaine or other street drugs within the last year.
- 6% reported that they had used more than 12 months ago.
- 2% of people said that someone in their home had a problem with street drugs.
- 1% reported a problem in their household that was related to the use of marijuana, prescription drugs or over the counter drugs.
- 18% of people reported that they had experienced times of distress over the last three years.
- 39% reported mental health issues.
What is Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
Alcohol and drug rehab offers help to people who need to recover from their substance abuse problems. It can provide them with both professional and peer support, and both are essential for a successful recovery.
In many cases, the first type of treatment people experience for addiction is drug and alcohol detox. Detoxing is often needed in order to help people with their withdrawal symptoms. It can also be beneficial in preventing possible complications that can occur when people go through withdrawal.
After detoxing, people are prepared for therapy, which takes place during rehab. This is when more of the focus is on the underlying cause of the addiction and not necessarily the drug(s) a person is using. In some cases, dual diagnosis treatment is needed in order to address the symptoms of a co-occurring disorder, such as anxiety or depression.
How Many Addiction Recovery Centers are Located in Waukesha?
There are a total of 8 drug and alcohol treatment facilities located within 5 miles of Waukesha, according to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool. They offer various levels of care, including inpatient and outpatient programs, detox centers and sober living homes.
Understanding the Rehab Options that are Available to People in Waukesha
People who are in need of drug and alcohol rehab can choose from one of many options. There are different levels of care so that everyone’s needs are met as they recover.
Please keep in mind that not every method of recovery will work for everyone. People are all very different with their own unique needs during the healing process. Sometimes it can be helpful to talk with a professional and get a recommendation to ensure a person has chosen the correct level of care.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
Drug and alcohol detox, as we mentioned previously, is a method of treatment that addresses withdrawal symptoms. It can be very difficult to get through withdrawal without any type of professional help.
There are three main types of treatment that may be offered during detox. It all depends on the type of drug a person was taking and their unique needs. They include the following:
- Holistic detox – Holistic detox and treatment provides a more natural approach to addiction recovery. It relies upon methods such as nutrition therapy, yoga and exercise to help the body properly detox itself.
- Medical detox – Medications can be prescribed during recovery as a part of medical detox to help with symptoms. This type of care also ensures that patients are medically supervised in the event of a complication or emergency.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, involves the use of behavioral therapy along with FDA approved medications for specific addictions. MAT is useful for both opioid and alcohol addiction and it has been shown to be very effective.
Inpatient treatment is what most people think of when they think of drug and alcohol rehab. This level of care involves residential treatment at a facility along with other patients who all have the same recovery goals.
In many cases, 28 days may not be long enough for people to be successful in recovery. Long-term rehab may be needed to help these people reach their goals. This level of care is appropriate for people who may not have done well with inpatient rehab in the past. It can also help people who have been addicts for a long time, or who have a history of relapsing. These types of facilities may offer both detox and rehab services.
Outpatient treatment programs can be very effective at helping people recover from addiction. But not all levels of care may be right for everyone. There are three main types of outpatient rehab programs in Waukesha.
- Outpatient therapy – Outpatient rehab and therapy is the lowest level of care that is available. It consists of individual counseling sessions, although some providers may also offer group therapy. Clients may be required to come to treatment as often as three times per week.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, offer day treatment to people who need a higher level of care. Clients may come to their appointments as often as 5-7 days per week while they receive therapy.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs have grown in popularity over the last several years because of their flexibility. They provide a level of care that is very similar to what people experience in inpatient settings. Appointments are usually during the evening, leaving the daytime open for work and other responsibilities.
Sober Living Homes
When people leave rehab, or when they need a place to live while they are going through treatment, sober living homes can help. They are residential houses that offer shelter to people as they continue to work on their recovery goals.
During a person’s stay at a sober living home, there are rules that must be followed. They will need to pay rent, do chores around the house and continue to attend their treatment programs.
Traveling from Waukesha to Arizona for Rehab
Sometimes it simply is not feasible or beneficial for people to go to rehab in their city. That can present a real barrier to treatment. But traveling to Arizona is an option that many people have available to them. This might be preferable because:
- People may want to have more privacy when they go to rehab. This is especially true for those who work in the public eye.
- Triggers may be present in one’s city that would not be if they were to travel to Arizona for rehab.
- The type of rehab a person is looking for may not be available close to home. For example, more holistic options are available in Arizona than are available in Waukesha.
- It can be helpful to take some time away from home to focus on one’s own needs. It is important to eliminate as many distractions as possible.
- Going to a new place for rehab can help people get into the right mindset, making treatment much more effective.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Waukesha, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Waukesha AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Waukesha:
There are many Waukesha AA meetings being held every week.
There are many Waukesha Alateen meetings scheduled each week.
There are a lot of NA meetings scheduled in Waukesha every week.
There are many SMART Recovery meetings taking place in Waukesha every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Find Out More About Drug and Alcohol Treatment Options in Waukesha, Wisconsin
At SpringBoard Recovery, we are determined to help as many people recover from addiction as we can. We know it is hard for people to admit they need help. But once they do, there are so many great resources that can support them.
Would you like to talk with someone about traveling to Arizona for rehab from Waukesha? Are you interested in learning more about the treatment options that are available in Waukesha? Please contact us today.