DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Waukegan, Illinois
Alcohol and Drug Rehab: Statistics and Treatment Options
People who live in Waukegan, IL will find that they have many options available to them for drug and alcohol rehab. The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are 14 of them within a 5-mile radius of the city. They offer various levels of care in order to meet the unique needs of everyone in the community.
Sometimes people are nervous about going to rehab because they do not know what to expect. Quite often, these individuals are desperate for a way out of their addictions, but they do not know where to turn. We want to help people understand how going to drug and alcohol rehab in Waukegan can benefit them.
find meetings in or near Waukegan:
Waukegan, IL Substance Abuse Statistics: Understanding the Need for Treatment
People are often surprised to learn how many people abuse drugs and alcohol in Waukegan. But please rest assured that the statistics are correct.
According to the Live Well Lake County Community Health Assessment:
- 36% of respondents stated that they had struggled with their mental health for one or more days in the last month.
- 8% stated that their mental health was not good for eight days or more.
- Adults in Lake County had an average of 2.6 days during the last month when they faced mental health challenges.
- For 14% of them, their mental health issues prevented them from completing normal, everyday tasks for one day or more.
- 4% struggled to complete normal, everyday tasks for 8 days or more.
- 80% of people who live in Lake County reported having consumed alcohol at least once during the last month.
- Of these people, the average number of drinking days during the last month was 10.
- With each event, the average number of drinks consumed with 1.8.
- 5% of these cases involved episodes of binge drinking.
- 28% of adults who had consumed alcohol within the last month participated in binge drinking at least once.
- 35% of 12th graders report having used marijuana within the last year.
- In 2015, there were 9.8 deaths involving drugs for every 100,000 people.
- Of that number, 84% were because of opioids.
- 15% of people in the county have been prescribed an opioid drug within the last year.
What is Drug and Alcohol Treatment?
Drug and alcohol treatment involves going to a rehab facility to get help for an addiction. Waukegan has some excellent facilities that aim to address both the physical and psychological sides of substance abuse.
When people choose to go to rehab, they are making the very best decision for their overall health. There, they can get the help they need to get started on the road to recovery in just two steps.
Step One in Recovery: Detoxification
Drug and alcohol detox is the first step in addiction recovery for many people, depending on their addictions. Some drugs require it, such as alcohol, stimulants and benzodiazepines. Detoxing works by helping to relieve and reduce the severity of withdrawal. It can also help to lower the risk of possible complications.
Both medical and holistic treatments are often used during the detoxification process. This way, the patient is able to get more natural help and they are also able to take medications to help with their symptoms.
Step Two in Recovery: Therapy During Rehab
The next step is to transition into rehab and therapy. It is so important for people to learn what led to their addictions. That way, they can get treatment for the underlying cause. This is a major reason why it does not work when people attempt to quit using on their own.
Through individual and group therapy sessions during rehab, people learn more about themselves and their addictive behaviors. They are equipped with the tools they need to live lives that are free of any type of dependence upon drugs or alcohol.
Types of Waukegan Alcohol and Drug Rehab Facilities
While there are many Waukegan drug and alcohol treatment centers, they offer different levels of care. People should take the time to do their research to ensure they choose the one that will benefit them the most. It is also a good idea to consult with a professional before making this decision.
Inpatient rehab centers offer 28-day programs to help people recover. Many have detox services on-site, which makes for an easy transition when it is time to move into rehab.
During their stay at inpatient rehab, patients participate in various therapeutic activities, including group, individual and family sessions. If they have co-occurring disorders like anxiety or depression, they will receive treatment for them as well.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are residential facilities for people in addiction recovery. These individuals may not have safe places to return home after they have left rehab. But sober living provides them with a positive, recovery-minded environment.
Outpatient Rehab Options
There are a few different types of outpatient rehab programs in Waukegan. They include:
- Traditional outpatient rehab
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Intensive outpatient programs
Outpatient rehab can be a great way to recover from addiction. But people need to be careful they choose one that offers them the level of support they need.
12-Step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous can provide people with peer support. These are outpatient organizations, and the meetings are not run by professionals. But they have been very effective at helping millions of people to recover.
Traveling to Waukegan, Illinois for Rehab
Rehab is a very useful tool to help an addict begin their journey to a life of sobriety. When entering a rehab program, there is huge potential for their life to change. Because this is such a big deal, choosing the right place to go for rehab is an important decision. Some may decide to stay close to home. Many, however, go out of state for a number of different reasons.
The following are some of the reasons to go out of state for rehab:
- To break the daily routine: many alcoholics have a favorite bar they go to on a regular basis. They know who the bartenders are and when they work. Drug addicts know many of the local drug dealers and where the best places are to buy drugs without getting caught. Oftentimes, addicts learn patterns and habits of living with their addiction. These are unhealthy routines that need to be changed. Being out of state can help this because a different environment will remove all of those stimuli.
- A commitment to finish the program: to be successful in rehab requires a firm commitment to completing the program. The chances of lifelong sobriety are increased drastically if the program is finished to completion. With that in mind, rehab is voluntary. Any participant can leave any time they choose. Being closer to home, they can walk home, take public transportation or have someone pick them up. An out of state rehab makes it harder for a person to do this because there is nowhere for them to do and harder for them to get transportation home.
- To limit distractions: being at home has a lot of distractions. This is just life happening around all of us. But, an addict has a lot of negative influences that can take their focus away from rehabilitation and getting sober. They need to be allowed the time and space to take control of their own life back. This is better afforded to them if they are out of state, away from home.
- To maintain confidentiality and privacy: these are very important to some people who enter rehab because they feel like people will judge them. They don’t want a lot of people to know they are in a program and could experience anxiety when they think about seeing other program participants out in the community. Being out of state makes the chance of that happening very low.
- To experience different facilities: some rehab facilities offer new or different treatments or programs than others. Maybe the facility in Waukegan has a treatment for a patient that their home facility does not offer. Looking into out of state rehab could be beneficial so patients can get the best treatment they need.
- To start a new life: many addicts have become their addiction; it is part of their identity. When others hear their name, the first thing that comes to mind is ‘addict’. But every addict deserves a fresh start. Being out of state is a great opportunity for a person to remove themself from the judgements of others and completely focus on building new relationships and learning to love themself.
If you want to travel out of state for rehab, consider our facility in Waukegan, Illinois.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Waukegan, Illinois
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Waukegan AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Waukegan:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Find Out More Information About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Waukegan
At SpringBoard Recovery, we believe that once people know more about rehab programs, they are more likely to want to get help. Getting professional treatment can be the very first step toward a long life that is filled with possibilities.
Do you have questions about going to drug and alcohol rehab in Waukegan? We are here to help you. Please contact us today.