DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Understanding the Drug and Alcohol Rehab Options
Sheboygan, WI is home to many of the best drug and alcohol rehab programs in the state. But even though there are many options available to help people recover, so many do not take advantage of them. Instead, they continue to use or try to quit on their own. It never ends well with either scenario.
Sometimes people avoid getting addiction treatment because they do not think it will be effective. Nothing could be further from the truth. The best way to recover is by getting professional help. We want to provide more information about going to drug and alcohol rehab in Sheboygan, Wisconsin in order to help people make the right choice.
find meetings in or near Sheboygan:
Addiction and Substance Abuse Statistics for Sheboygan, WI
Even though Sheboygan might be a beautiful city to raise a family in, it is not perfect, by any means. There are many people who live there who struggle because of their substance abuse problems. Fortunately, help is available to assist them in reaching their recovery goals. But the problem persists, just the same.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for Sheboygan County:
- 28% of people report participating in binge drinking within the last 30 days.
- Men were more likely than women to participate in binge drinking behaviors.
- 41% of those who drink excessively are between the ages of 18 and 34.
- 4% of people report either driving under the influence of alcohol or being a passenger in a car with a driver who has had too much to drink.
- 8% of people state that they have almost always felt sad or depressed during the last 30 days.
- 28% of the people in the county stated that drug or alcohol abuse is one of their three top county health issues.
- 2% of people stated that the use of street drugs was a problem in their households.
- 1% of people stated the same about the misuse of prescription or over the counter drugs.
What is Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
Drug and alcohol rehab can provide people with the help they need to stop using substances successfully and safely. It is important to address both the physical and the psychological aspects of substance abuse during treatment. Otherwise, people are very likely to relapse in the future. This is done by providing access to both detox and therapy.
Drug and alcohol detox is generally the first type of treatment people experience when they go to rehab. This form of treatment addresses the physical part of addiction by helping with withdrawal symptoms. It can also help to reduce the risk of potential complications during the recovery process.
Most of the rehab experience involves participating with various forms of therapy. The goal during rehab is to determine what led to a person’s substance abuse problem. Once the underlying cause is identified, it can then be treated appropriately. Individual and group therapy sessions are very important during rehab. The same is often true for family therapy.
How Many Addiction Treatment Programs are in Sheboygan, Wisconsin?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are 12 drug and alcohol rehab centers within 5 miles of Sheboygan. They offer both inpatient and outpatient treatment. Some provide sober living homes and detox services as well.
Types of Substance Abuse Recovery Programs in Sheboygan
There are a number of ways in which people can recover from their addictions to drugs and alcohol. Not all of the ones we have listed below will work for everyone. People all have very different needs when it comes to recovery.
It is important to talk with a professional and get their recommendation before making a decision about rehab. That way, people can be certain they have chosen the right level of care.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
The detoxification process is very important for many people who go through drug and alcohol rehab. A lot of facilities offer this service on-site. Those that do not should always provide people with referrals so they can get help with their withdrawal symptoms.
There are various forms of treatment that may be offered to people as they go through the detoxification process. They include the following:
- Holistic therapy – The body can actually detox itself very well, and holistic detox gives it that opportunity. Treatments such as nutrition therapy, diet changes and exercise can make such a difference.
- Medical detox – Medical detox involves the use of medications to help people with their withdrawal symptoms. Doctors may prescribe any number of medications to help people through withdrawal. Medical supervision is also available just in case a person has a bad reaction or experiences a complication.
- Medication assisted treatment – MAT refers to the use of FDA approved medications for the purpose of treatment opioid and alcohol addiction. It has shown to be very effective; especially when it is done along with behavioral therapy.
Inpatient rehab programs provide residential treatment to people in addiction recovery. They typically run for about 28 days, and in the beginning, patients are offered detox if they need it. During inpatient treatment, patients stay at the facility while they receive therapy.
Inpatient care is where a lot of people begin recovering from an addiction. They need that higher level of supervision to keep them from relapsing.
Long-term rehab programs are there to help when people do not do well with inpatient treatment. They are also beneficial for people with a history of relapsing, or who have been addicted to drugs and alcohol for a long time. Patients can stay at long-term treatment facilities for an extended period of time while they get the assistance they need.
Going to an outpatient rehab may not always work well for people who are new to recovery. But there are higher levels of outpatient treatment that can be just as effective as inpatient programs.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, provide the highest level of care that is available on an outpatient basis. Clients come to treatment as often as 5-7 days per week, depending on their needs. They participate in various types of therapy and activities while they are there.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, provide a more flexible option for rehab for those who need it. Appointments are generally during the evening hours, and clients may come as often as 3-5 days per week. While they are there, they participate in group and individual therapy sessions.
- Traditional outpatient therapy – The lowest level of care that is available on an outpatient basis is outpatient therapy. This involves individual therapy sessions, and clients may come to treatment as much as 3 times per week in the beginning. This can often work well when it is combined with a 12-Step program for group therapy.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes can provide safe places for people to live after they have finished inpatient treatment. They can also work well for people who are participating in an IOP or PHP. Everyone who lives in sober living homes is working on reaching their recovery goals. Residents must abide by house rules, which could include paying rent and doing chores around the house.
AA and NA are both peer-led, so no professional support is available. Both organizations offer meetings in the Sheboygan area every week.
Is it Worth it to Travel to Arizona for Rehab from Sheboygan?
Sometimes it can be problematic for people to attend rehab too close to home. Many people opt to go to Arizona for drug and alcohol rehab instead. Some of the reasons they might make this choice include:
- The fact that their health insurance is not in-network with any facilities that are closer to home.
- The fact that they need more privacy during recovery. They may work in public jobs and not want to see someone they know as they receive treatment.
- The fact that they need a type of care that is not available locally, such as dual diagnosis treatment.
- The fact that they want to take this time to fully focus on addiction recovery without a lot of outside distractions.
- The fact that they enjoy traveling and want to be in a different area as they work on their recovery goals.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Sheboygan, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Sheboygan AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Sheboygan:
There are many Sheboygan area AA meetings taking place every week.
There are many Sheboygan area Alateen meetings taking place each week.
There are many NA meeting scheduled in Sheboygan every week.
There are many SMART Recovery meetings being held in Sheboygan every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Sheboygan, WI
At SpringBoard Recovery, we are determined to provide people with the support they need to stop using drugs and alcohol. Recovery is challenging, but it can also be so rewarding.
Have you been considering going to Arizona for help with addiction recovery? Perhaps you need more information about your drug and alcohol rehab options in Sheboygan. Either way, we can help. Please contact us today.