DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Schaumburg, Illinois
Facts, Statistics and Treatment Options
People living in Schaumburg, IL who are in need of drug and alcohol treatment will find many options in their local communities. But it should not be surprising that so many people do not get the recovery help they need. The number of people who are substance abusers is increasing with every passing year.
Sometimes people do not go to rehab because they think it will not help them recovery. They see it as a waste of time. But the truth is that getting professional treatment can make a huge difference. It can equip people with the tools they need to be successful in recovery long-term.
We want to take this opportunity to talk about going to alcohol and drug rehab in Schaumburg, Illinois and the treatment options that are available.
find meetings in or near Schaumburg:
Substance Abuse Facts and Statistics for Schaumburg, Illinois
Drug and alcohol abuse is a major problem everywhere in Illinois, and Schaumburg is no exception to that. In fact, people are often surprised to learn that there are so many with addictions so close to home. Sadly, most people never get the help they need to recover.
The Henry County Health Department offers some interesting statistics that can help us understand the scope of the problem.
- Mental health disorders are the leading cause of disability in the United States.
- They account for about 25% of all years of life that have been lost due to premature mortality and disability.
- In 2016, the suicide rate for Henry County was 11.24 for every 100,000 people.
- 8.6% of people state that during the last month, they had eight or more days when their mental health was poor.
- Psychosis and behavioral health disorders were the leading causes of hospitalization for children aged 5-17.
- Psychosis was the leading cause of hospitalization among adults ages 18-44.
- Between 2013 and 2014, there were 3,284 people in Illinois who died from overdosing on opioids.
- Among all heroin-related deaths, 17% of them were new users.
- Drug and alcohol use among minors in Henry County steadily increases with age.
- The use of alcohol and inhalant drugs among young people in Henry County is higher than the rate for the State of Illinois as a whole.
Many people in Schaumburg are struggling because of their substance abuse problems. They need to know where to turn to get the help they need. Fortunately, recovery options are available that can provide them with support.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab and What Can People in Schaumburg Expect?
Drug and alcohol rehab offers treatment to people with substance abuse disorders as well as for those with co-occurring mental health issues. Addictions require an approach that involves both detox and rehab. These two methods of treatment are what most people experience first when they get professional help.
The detoxification process involves helping the body process the toxins that are related to their substance abuse. Withdrawal symptoms are very real, and they can quickly cause people to go back to using again. Most people with addictions have experienced mild withdrawal, and they do not have a proper understanding of how severe it can become. Drug and alcohol detox may take as long as a few weeks, but most people find that it is over within 7-10 days.
After detoxing, therapy is the next step, and this takes place during rehab. During this phase of treatment, the goal is to determine what led to the addiction. Once the underlying cause has been determined, it can then be treated appropriately.
People participate with many types of therapy during rehab, based on their individual needs. They work with a therapist during one-on-one sessions, have group therapy meetings and family therapy, if needed.
How Many Addiction Treatment Centers are Located in Schaumburg?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool tells us that there are 11 addiction rehab centers within 5 miles of Schaumburg. Of these facilities:
- 9 of them provide outpatient treatment.
- 7 of them have intensive outpatient programs.
- 2 of them offer partial hospitalization programs.
- 2 of them are inpatient treatment centers.
- 4 of them have telehealth services available.
- 3 of them offer detoxification services.
Of course, there are many other options available for drug and alcohol treatment farther away from Schaumburg. There are also those who prefer to travel away from home to go to rehab.
What Types of Addictions Do They Treat?
When people go to addiction treatment in Schaumburg, they are often curious about what types of substance abuse problems can be treated there. They are usually surprised to learn that the type of drug a person is using really does not matter that much. What matters is for the underlying cause to be discovered and treated appropriately. This is because for about half of all people who go to rehab, mental health is at the root of their issues.
Schaumburg rehab programs should place a heavy emphasis on detoxing because it is so critical for recovery. They should either have the means to provide treatment for withdrawal symptoms or they should offer referrals to programs that do.
Some of the addictions that are treated at Schaumburg rehab facilities include:
- Alcohol addiction
- Benzodiazepine addiction
- Stimulant addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Prescription opioid addiction
- Marijuana addiction
What Options are Available in Schaumburg for People Seeking Substance Abuse Treatment?
Every person is different just like every addiction is different. People all have their own needs when it comes to getting treatment, and the same type of program will not work for everyone. That is why there are so many options available for rehab in Schaumburg, as well as in the surrounding areas.
We have listed the various types of drug and alcohol treatment facilities and programs below. Please keep in mind that while they can all be beneficial, it is important for each person to find what works for them. One of the best ways to do that is to talk with a professional and get their recommendation.
Alcohol and Drug Detox
Drug and alcohol detox is often the first step people taking during addiction recovery. Detoxing the body helps to rid it of unwanted and harmful toxins that can contribute to withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal is usually what causes people to relapse because the symptoms can be debilitating at times. But getting the right treatment can help by lessening their severity. It may also be effective at helping people avoid possible complications that can come when stopping the use of certain drugs.
Every patient should receive their own treatment plan that is outline to meet their needs during detox. There are a number of different ways to treat withdrawal symptoms and they usually fall under one of the following categories:
- Medical tapering – This method is useful for people who are addicted to prescription drugs, such as stimulants or opioids. A medical taper involves lowering a patient’s medication dosage slowly over time. This can effectively reduce the severity of withdrawal. It should never be attempted without medical oversight and supervision.
- Medication assisted treatment – MAT is a method of treating withdrawal symptoms in people with alcohol or opioid addictions. The FDA has approved medications specifically for this purpose. They can help by reducing the severity of withdrawal, or even eliminating it completely. MAT should always be accompanied by behavioral therapy in order to be most effective.
- Medical detox – Medical detox offers medical supervision and medications to people to help with certain withdrawal symptoms. For example, a person who has become depressed may be placed on an antidepressant. Someone who could be at risk for seizures may be given an anticonvulsant.
- Holistic detox – Holistic detox provides more natural forms of therapy and treatment to help with withdrawal symptoms. It harnesses the body’s own healing abilities to help the liver and kidneys perform better as they detox the body. Nutrition therapy, dietary changes and exercise are forms of treatment often seen during holistic detox.
Inpatient Rehab Centers
Inpatient rehab facilities provide residential treatment to people with drug and alcohol addictions. This is usually where most people start because they need a higher level of care. Inpatient rehab centers are able to offer 24-hour-a-day supervision and support to people as they recover.
Many inpatient rehabs in the Schaumburg area also offer detox services. This makes it convenient for people to get the help they need all in one place. Patients typically stay at the facility for about 28 days.
When people go to inpatient treatment, they receive many different forms of therapy. They will work with a therapist one-on-one and they will also have group and family therapy sessions. Many inpatient rehabs offer their own 12-Step program and various therapeutic activities, such as art and music therapy.
Long-Term Rehab Facilities
Even though the treatment people can receive during inpatient treatment is intensive, it is not always enough. Sometimes a longer period of time is needed for recovery. In these cases, a long-term rehab may be needed to help people recover from their addictions.
Long-term rehabs are usually for those who have not done well at an inpatient program in the past. They may have long histories of addiction and relapse. This type of treatment offers them as much time as they need to recover, and many people end up staying for several months.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
There are also outpatient rehab options that people can choose from as well. Outpatient rehab has grown in popularity as people have become busier. Many people need this type of care because they cannot commit to an inpatient stay.
There are several levels of care available on an outpatient basis. They include the following:
- Traditional outpatient rehab – This is the lowest level of care, and it is usually not appropriate for those who are new to treatment. It typically only involves individual therapy sessions, although some may also provide group therapy as well. Outpatient rehab can provide a lot of support to people who are further along in recovery.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, provide more supervision and treatment for people with addictions. They are more flexible because they are held in the evening. This leaves the day free for caring for family members, school and work. IOPs usually require 3-5 appointments a week that are each a few hours. Clients participate in therapy during their appointments.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, provide the highest level of care that is available on an outpatient basis. Clients come to treatment as often as 5-7 days a week and some stay for the entire day. They receive group, family and individual therapy sessions as well as other forms of treatment based on their treatment plans.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes offer safe places for people in recovery to live. Many people who opt for sober living have recently finished an inpatient stay; although that is not always required. They are residential facilities that offer a supportive, recovery-minded environment.
Sober living homes can be helpful in many different ways. They surround people with others who are working toward the same goals. In this way, they serve as a way out for people who might not be able to return home because of the risk of relapsing.
12-Step Programs and Support
Most people are familiar with 12-Step programs, and Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most popular ones. They have been around for many years and have helped millions of people recover from their addictions.
There are several AA and NA meetings that take place in Schaumburg every week. But please keep in mind that they are not a source of professional support. They offer peer counseling and the meetings are run by others in recovery.
What to Look for in a Quality Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Schaumburg
People can easily get confused about what they should be looking for when it comes to rehab in Schaumburg. At a quick glance, so many treatment programs look the same. But there are some characteristics that set the quality ones apart.
When choosing a rehab program, find one that:
- Participates with the person’s health insurance. This will keep their out of pocket costs as low as possible.
- Offers dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders. This can help to prevent people from relapsing later on.
- Provides their patients/clients with their own personalized treatment plans.
- Is accredited by The Joint Commission to ensure a high quality of care.
- Has a physical address. It may seem difficult to imagine, but there are rehab scams out there that lure people in and do not help them recover at all.
Traveling to Arizona From Schaumburg for Rehab: Should More People Consider it?
Going to rehab close to home is not always beneficial for people in recovery. That is why so many are making the decision to travel farther away from home to get the help they need. Arizona is a state that has a lot to offer people in need of addiction treatment.
Some of the reasons a person might choose to travel to Arizona from Schaumburg for recovery help include:
- Being able to maintain their privacy. It can be hard for certain types of people to go to rehab where they might know other people. For example, perhaps the top lawyer at a local law firm needs to go to rehab. It might be better for them to travel to get the help they need to protect their professional image.
- Experiencing a new environment. Mindset is everything when it comes to addiction recovery. Traveling can be exciting and Arizona is such a beautiful state. Going there for rehab can help people open their minds to new experiences and even have better outcomes long-term.
- Removing any triggers that could make it hard to recover. People, places and things can all be triggers that can cause people to want to use, even after they have been in recovery for years. Sometimes it can help to distance one’s self from them.
- Focusing on one’s self rather than the normal, everyday stressors they face. We are constantly bombarded with people and things that try to get our attention. But going to rehab away from home allows people to think about their own needs.
- Needing to relocate. Home may not be the healthiest place for them to recover, and returning there after rehab could easily result in a relapse. Sometimes people choose to travel for treatment with the intent on moving to the new location permanently.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Schaumburg, Illinois
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Schaumburg AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Schaumburg:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Schaumburg, IL Drug and Alcohol Rehab Programs: Treatment Makes a Difference
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to provide the best addiction treatment services for our clients that we possibly can. We offer sober living and intensive outpatient treatment at our Arizona facility.
Have you put off getting help for your addiction? Have you thought about traveling from Schaumburg to Arizona to go to rehab? Please contact us today for further assistance.