DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Palatine, Illinois
Focusing on Recovery
Finding an alcohol and drug rehab in Palatine should be relatively easy for people in need of treatment. There are many options available in the local area. But people often do not know where to look to find what they need. Or they may think that going to rehab will not work for them at all.
Research shows that getting professional substance abuse treatment is the best way to recover from an addiction. There are a lot of options available to people in Palatine for drug and alcohol rehab. It can help to know more about what they are and what to expect when going to treatment.
find meetings in or near Palatine:
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Statistics in Palatine, Illinois
Drug and alcohol addiction is much more widespread than people realize. There are many people who live in Palatine that are suffering due to their mental health and substance use behaviors. Many people never get the treatment they need to recover and they just continue to suffer silently.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for Suburban Cook County:
- 10.3% of people in the county do not currently have health insurance.
- 38% of people in Cook County state that having affordable health insurance is their main concern.
- 18% state they need help learning how to deal with depression and anxiety.
- Only 5% are concerned with getting treatment for their drug and alcohol addiction problems.
- In one survey, a significant amount of people in Cook County were extremely worried about drug dealers and drug use in their communities.
- Mental health and substance abuse have become two of the most discussed issues during brainstorming sessions with community leaders.
- 52% of young people need better access to mental health treatment.
- 48% of adults are very concerned about substance abuse among the youth of Cook County.
- 49% of people believe that the greatest challenge facing low-income families is access to mental health treatment.
- 43% believe that the greatest challenge is substance abuse and access to treatment.
Too many people in Palatine are struggling when they do not have to. Recovery is possible, and the right treatment can make all the difference in the world.
What is Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
When people are in need of help to recover from an addiction to drugs and alcohol, rehab is the answer. It can be difficult to make the decision to go to treatment because people are leaving behind the life they have come to know. But this can also be a time of new beginnings and a brighter future.
Drug and alcohol rehab offers help for both the physical and psychological aspects of substance abuse. Both are very important and neither one should be ignored or left out. The physical part is addressed through detox and the psychological part is addressed through therapy during rehab.
Detoxing the body is extremely important for many types of drugs, including alcohol, benzodiazepines and stimulants. It is also helpful for people who are recovering from opioid addiction as well. Drug and alcohol detox refers to various treatment methods that are used to help remove toxins from the body. It can help with withdrawal symptoms, making it easier for people to stop using.
During rehab, people undergo different types of therapy as they work toward recovering. The goal is to treat the underlying cause of the addiction, whatever that may be. This is done through participation in individual, group and family therapy sessions. Rehab prevention is also addressed during rehab, and people learn how to avoid potential triggers after treatment.
How Many Addiction Treatment Programs are There in Palatine?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 38 drug and alcohol treatment programs within 10 miles of Palatine. They offer various levels of care in order to meet the diverse needs of the people within the community.
Among these 38 addiction rehab centers:
- 6 of them provide people with detox services.
- 15 of them have telehealth services.
- 35 of them provide outpatient treatment.
- 5 of them are residential treatment centers.
- 27 of them offer intensive outpatient programs.
- 2 of them offer long-term rehab services.
What Types of Substance Abuse Problems do They Treat?
When people go to rehab in Palatine, they can get help for any type of addiction they may be struggling with. This includes all of the following:
- Marijuana addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Alcohol addiction
- Painkiller addiction
- Methamphetamine addiction
- Benzodiazepine addiction
Of course, there are several drugs that are not listed here. That is because it really does not matter what type of substance a person is addicted to. It makes a difference when it comes to the detoxification process because precautions may need to be changed based on the drug. But addiction treatment is very much the same across the board.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that about 50% of people who go to drug and alcohol treatment have a mental health issue that is contributing to their addictions. The goal of rehab is to determine what these problems are, if they are present, and then provide treatment.
Options for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Palatine, Illinois
People who live in Palatine have a lot of options available to them for drug and alcohol rehab. It is important to know what they are so people know where to get the help they need. There are different levels of care, which makes it easy for people to find what will work best for them.
But please be aware that not every method of recovery is right for everyone. People all have very different needs when it comes to treatment. Talking with a professional is a great way to determine which level of care is best for each individual person.
Alcohol and Drug Detox
Alcohol and drug detox offers help for the physical aspect of addiction, as we mentioned earlier. Using substances causes a buildup of toxins in the body. When those substances are stopped, the result is withdrawal symptoms. Detoxing can help people through recovery by directly addressing withdrawal. Some symptoms can be eliminated and at the very least, their severity can be reduced.
Every drug requires a different protocol be used in order to treat its withdrawal symptoms. There are many ways to address withdrawal during detox, and they typically fall under one of the following headings.
- Medical tapering – A medical taper is highly recommended for anyone who is addicted to a prescription drug like Oxycodone or Adderall. These and other drugs can cause serious withdrawal symptoms, but taking less over time can help with their severity. Sometimes people even notice that they do not have certain symptoms that might be considered typical.
- Medical detox – Many Palatine rehab facilities offer medical detox services. This simply means that the patients are able to take medications to help with their withdrawal symptoms. It also means that medical professionals are available to provide them with support and assistance in the event of an emergency. Patients may take medications for symptoms that are currently having or for possible symptoms they might be at risk for in the near future.
- Holistic detox – Even though medical detox can be extremely helpful and it is highly recommended, it often is not enough. It is not uncommon for Palatine detox centers to incorporate holistic detox as well. This refers to the use of more natural methods of treating withdrawal symptoms, such as making dietary changes and adding in a physical exercise program.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, involves the use of FDA-approved medications to treat specific types of addictions. Currently, MAT is available to treat both alcohol and opioid addiction. People who have tried it have found it to be very helpful at controlling withdrawal; especially when it is combined with behavioral therapy.
Inpatient Rehab Centers
A lot of people who go to drug and alcohol rehab in Palatine begin by going through inpatient treatment first. This is one of the highest levels of care available, which makes it the right fit for many who are just starting their recovery journeys.
Inpatient rehab involves staying at a residential facility for a period of about 28 days. During that time, people usually go through the detoxification process upon arrival if it is necessary. This may be offered in-house or the program may provide the patient with a referral.
During rehab, people receive various types of therapy. They work in individual and group settings with qualified and experienced counselors and therapists. They may have family sessions to help heal broken or damaged relationships with their loved ones as well.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient rehab is also available in Palatine. While it might not work for everyone who is new to recovery, outpatient care can provide a lot of support. There are a few different levels of treatment that are available on an outpatient basis.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, are there to help people struggling with their substance abuse behaviors and mental health. PHPs involve coming to treatment during the day and remaining there for several hours at a time. Clients participate in therapeutic activities, which also include individual and group therapy sessions.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, offer a higher level of care than what is available during a more traditional outpatient rehab program. Clients come to the program during the evening hours and stay for a few hours while they participate in treatment. Individual and group therapy sessions take place during this time. IOPs have grown in popularity in recent years because of their flexibility. They tend to work well for people who work or go to school during the day.
- Outpatient therapy – Outpatient rehab programs offer the lowest level of care, but they serve an important role. This is what many people attend when they finish an inpatient stay, IOP or PHP. This level of treatment typically only involves individual therapy sessions. But some may also provide group therapy.
Long-Term Rehab Facilities
A higher level of care is often necessary in some cases when inpatient rehab is not the best option. Long-term rehab is available for those who need a longer period of time to recover from their addictions.
Long-term rehab involves staying at a facility for a period of time while the patient receives treatment. It is usually best for people who have been addicts for a long time, or who have a history of relapsing. It can work really well for people who decide they want to relocate to a new area as well.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes provide safe places to live for people who are in recovery. These are not treatment facilities. They are actually houses or facilities that only offer shelter. Everyone who lives there is also in recovery, and residents are required to obtain their own addiction treatment programs.
There are often a lot of rules that people must follow when they decide to reside in sober living homes. They must pay rent, although they usually do not need to pay a security deposit. They may also be required to submit to random drug testing and contribute to the house in some way, such as by doing chores.
12-Step programs have been instrumental in the lives of millions of people all over the world. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most popular 12-Step programs available in Palatine. They offer peer counseling and support.
Please note that AA and NA meetings are not run by professional therapists or counselors. They are peer-led by others who are also in recovery. There are several AA and NA meetings taking place in Palatine every week.
Finding an Excellent Drug and Alcohol Treatment Program in Palatine: What to Look for
With so many different options available for rehab in Palatine, it is easy to see how someone could get confused. How do they know which ones are good and which ones are not?
There are several characteristics people can look for to determine if a program has the right qualities. They include:
- The facility has medical staff available at all times. Addiction recovery can be dangerous, and emergencies can happen. People need to know that they are in good hands with a knowledgeable medical team.
- They are accredited by The Joint Commission. This accreditation is difficult to obtain, but it ensures that the quality of care being offered at the facility is high.
- They have an actual physical address and it is possible to talk with staff at the facility. There are many rehab scams online and it can be difficult to decipher which programs are real.
- They offer personalized treatment to the patients or clients they serve. This is important because people all have very different needs during recovery.
- They are in-network with the individual’s health insurance company. This will keep the cost of treatment as low as possible, and in some cases, it may not even cost anything out-of-pocket.
Should People Travel to Arizona to go to Rehab from Palatine?
It has become very common for people to want to travel to go to rehab, and for good reason. People who live in Palatine who are in need of addiction treatment often consider going to Arizona to get help for any of the following reasons.
- They may be searching for a certain type of addiction treatment that is only available in Arizona. Some programs in Illinois may not offer help for co-occurring disorders or holistic programs.
- They may see their need for rehab as a getaway and want to make it more like a vacation. This is a great mindset because it can help people focus on their own needs during recovery.
- They may want or need the privacy that comes with traveling to Arizona to go to rehab. People who work in the public eye may not want everyone to know that they need substance abuse treatment.
- They may need to escape a dangerous or unhealthy home situation. Perhaps they live with roommates who use drugs or alcohol and they want to really recover. Traveling to Arizona can help them with a new start.
- They may want to go to treatment in a different environment than what they are used to. We often talk about recovery as a journey, and taking a journey to Arizona can successfully remove old triggers.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Palatine, Illinois
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Palatine AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Palatine:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Alcohol and Drug Treatment in Palatine: Now is a Great Time for Recovery
At SpringBoard Recovery, we understand that it can be hard for people to admit they need help for their addictions. But once they do, we are confident that they will agree it was the best decision they could have made.
Have you been thinking about traveling to Arizona from Palatine to go to drug and alcohol rehab? If so, we can help you make that transition. Please contact us today.