DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Embracing a Life of Recovery
Oshkosh, WI is home to several excellent options for drug and alcohol rehab. They offer different levels of care, based on people’s individual needs. But not everyone who lives in this area is likely to get the professional help they need to recover from their addictions. In fact, many people will never go to treatment.
It is no secret that addiction recovery is hard. It may be one of the most difficult challenges a person ever faces. But they do not need to go through it alone. The right treatment can make such a big difference and people need to know where to turn to get the support they need. It can be helpful to learn as much about drug and alcohol rehab in Oshkosh as possible.
find meetings in or near Oshkosh:
Facts and Statistics About Addiction in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
There are a lot of people who live in Oshkosh who are battling drug and alcohol addictions. Many may be fighting their battles secretly, but that does not make them any less real. It can help to take a look at the statistics.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for 2019:
- In 2018, 8% of survey respondents did not get medical care because of the cost involved during the last 12 months.
- 12% of people stated that someone in their household had not gotten their prescription medications because of the cost.
- 3% of people stated that someone in their household had unmet mental health care needs.
- 32% of respondents stated that they had participated in binge drinking during the last month.
- This is higher than the state average of 25%.
- 50% of the respondents who participated in binge drinking were between the ages of 25 and 34 years old.
- 42.6 people out of every 100,000 in the county went to the emergency room each year because of substance abuse.
- The hospitalization rate for substance abuse-related admissions was 21.3 for every 10,000 people in the county.
- Between 2014-2016, on average, there were 29.1 deaths for every 100,000 people due to drug poisoning.
Understanding Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Going to alcohol and drug rehab can be a life-changing experience. It provides professional and peer support to people who are desperately in need of treatment. Addressing substance abuse usually involves two main type of care – detox and therapy during rehab.
Drug and alcohol detox offers treatment for the physical side of addiction. The goal is to treat withdrawal symptoms and not only reduce their severity, but also to reduce the risk of potential complications. Detoxing can be an important part of the recovery process for certain types of addictions. It may be required for people who are recovering from alcohol, stimulant or benzodiazepine addictions.
Therapy during rehab is also a crucial part of the recovery process. It is essential to determine what led to a person’s addiction. The root cause must be identified and treated. If it is not, there is a good chance that recovery will not be successful. In many cases, co-occurring disorders like anxiety and depression cause people to self-medicate with substances.
How Many Addiction Rehab Centers are Located in Oshkosh?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 24 substance abuse treatment programs within 25 miles of Oshkosh. There are various levels of care available, including inpatient and outpatient programs.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment in Oshkosh, WI
People who live in Oshkosh have the benefit of having many different types of drug and alcohol rehab available to them. But even though there are many levels of treatment, they are not all right for everyone.
We advise talking with a professional to determine which level of care would be best for each person. This is information people need to know before they make a decision.
Alcohol and Drug Detox
Withdrawal symptoms can be extremely uncomfortable, which is why most people resist going through the recovery process. But drug and alcohol detox can help with them by lessening their severity. Sometimes people even find that they do not have certain “common” symptoms because they went through the detoxification process.
There are a few different types of treatment that may be offered during detox. Sometimes they are even combined.
- Medication assisted treatment – MAT involves the use of medications and behavioral therapy to help people get through withdrawal. There are several medications that have been FDA approved to treat alcohol and opioid addictions.
- Medical detox – Medical detox also involves the use of medications to help people get through withdrawal. These medications are designed to treat specific symptoms or prevent them. For instance, antidepressants and anticonvulsants are two common types of drugs that may be prescribed. This method also provides medical supervision so that staff can intervene in the event of an emergency.
- Holistic detox – Holistic detox refers to the use of natural treatment methods during withdrawal. Nutrition therapy, yoga and exercise can all help the body detox on its own.
Inpatient rehab is often what comes to many people’s minds when they think about addiction treatment. It involves a 28-day residential stay in a facility while the person is in the earliest stages of recovery. Many inpatient rehabs offer detox services on-site, but those that do not should always offer their patients a referral.
Outpatient rehab programs can provide the necessary support to people at various stages of recovery. Not all outpatient treatment centers will be beneficial for people who are new to treatment. But some can be very effective. There are three levels of care available.
- Partial hospitalization programs – PHPs or day treatment programs are run during the daytime. They offer various types of therapy to people in need of addiction and/or mental health treatment. Clients come to the program for the entire day, generally, and they may come as often as 5-7 days per week.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs provide a similar type of support, but they usually operate during the evening hours. The program may run for about 12 weeks and require attendance at appointments as often as 5 times per week.
- Outpatient therapy – This is the lowest level of care available on an outpatient basis. Outpatient rehab usually only involves individual therapy sessions, although some may provide group therapy as well.
Long-Term Rehab Programs
In some cases, 28 days is not long enough to help people in need of addiction recovery. When an inpatient rehab is not sufficient, long-term rehab may be recommended. This is the level of care is often best for people with histories of relapsing or who have been addicted for many years. It involves detox and therapy and patients can stay for an extended period of time.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes can provide people with shelter as they go through outpatient treatment or after inpatient rehab. Sometimes it is not safe for people to return home because of the risk of relapsing. This is a solution that can help people stay on the right track.
12-Step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous have helped millions of people be successful in recovery. They offer peer support and all meetings are led by others in recovery. There are several AA and NA meetings taking place in Oshkosh every week.
Considering Traveling to Arizona from Oshkosh for Rehab? Learn More
There are a lot of good reasons why someone might want to travel from Oshkosh to Arizona to go to drug and alcohol rehab. They include:
- Gaining access to the type of treatment they need or want. For example, personalized treatment and holistic therapies may not be available in the local area.
- Getting into the right mindset for treatment. Going on a journey can help people change their perspectives and make them more recovery-minded.
- Protecting one’s privacy. It can be challenging to go to rehab in one’s own city because they know so many people there. Traveling allows more anonymity.
- Being able to escape certain triggers that might make recovering from addiction more difficult.
- Taking the time to focus on one’s self and block out any distractions that could make recovery more challenging.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Oshkosh, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Oshkosh AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Oshkosh:
There are many Oshkosh area AA meetings scheduled for each week.
There are many Oshkosh Alateen meetings for young people every week.
There are many NA meetings scheduled in Oshkosh each week.
There are several Oshkosh SMART Recovery meetings taking place every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Take the Next Step – Learn More About Addiction Rehab in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help as many people as possible. We know how hard it can be for people to admit they have a problem with drugs or alcohol. But once they do, the support they need is readily available.
There are many benefits to traveling to Arizona for addiction treatment. This is certainly something that most people should strongly consider.
Would you like to learn more about traveling from Oshkosh to Arizona to go to rehab? Do you have questions about drug and alcohol treatment in Oshkosh? Please contact us today.