DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN New-Berlin, Wisconsin
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facilities: Program Options and Recovery
Going to drug and alcohol rehab in New Berlin, WI can provide people with a lot of support for addiction recovery. But many people never even consider this to be an option. They may believe that getting professional treatment will not benefit them in any way, or even be effective.
There is a stigma attached to addiction recovery programs that can cause people to feel embarrassed about needing help. Instead, they may want to rely upon their own willpower to reach their goals. But it really is not about willpower at all. It can be nearly impossible for people to stop using without some type of support. We want to help people understand the purpose of drug and alcohol rehab in New Berlin in hopes that they will get the help they need.
find meetings in or near New-Berlin:
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Statistics in New Berlin, WI: The Need for Recovery Options
Far too many people in New Berlin are struggling because of their dependence upon drugs and alcohol. This is a major problem that is easy to overlook until one takes a look at the statistics. It is very clear that the residents in this part of Wisconsin need to know more about their recovery options.
According to the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment for 2018:
- 17% of people do not get the medical care they need because of rising costs.
- 11% of people live in households with someone who did not get their prescription medications filled in the last 12 months due to cost.
- In 2012, only 1% of the population in Waukesha County did not get their mental health needs met.
- But by 2017, that had gone up to 3%.
- 26% of adults report participating in binge drinking within the last month.
- In 2006, that percentage was 16%.
- Close to 9% of people in the county report heavy drinking regularly.
- 2% of the people stated that they have driven or rode in a vehicle when the driver had had too much to drink.
- In 2016, there were 497.2 opioid-related hospital encounters for every 100,000 people in the county.
- There are 68.2 opioid prescriptions written for every 100 people per year in Waukesha County.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
People go to alcohol and drug rehab for the purpose of getting treatment for their substance abuse problems. It is critical to treat both aspects of the addiction; the physical and psychological sides. This approach provides treatment for withdrawal symptoms as well as the underlying cause of the problem.
Treating physical addiction is done through drug and alcohol detox. Withdrawal symptoms can be hard to manage without any type of treatment. It is also possible for them to become dangerous and even life-threatening in some cases. Detoxing can address withdrawal and lessen their severity or even eliminate some symptoms altogether. It increases the chance of a successful recovery while decreasing the chance of complications.
Therapy is how the psychological aspect of addiction is treated during rehab. It serves many purposes, including teaching people how to change the way they think, which impacts their behaviors. Most importantly, therapy can help people understand what led to their substance abuse problems while treating the root cause.
How Many Addiction Treatment Centers are Located in New Berlin?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are only 4 rehab facilities located within 5 miles of New Berlin. There are 72 programs located within a 25-mile radius of the city. They are a combination of inpatient rehab, outpatient programs, detox centers and other forms of treatment.
Types of Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities in New Berlin
While there are many types of drug and alcohol treatment programs in New Berlin, they may not all be right for everyone. People are all very different when it comes to their needs in recovery. They should do their research and make sure they have chosen the right one for them.
It may be helpful to talk with a professional and get their recommendation before making a decision. That will ensure that they are at the level of care that will meet their needs.
Alcohol and Drug Detox Programs
Earlier we mentioned how important the detoxification process is for a successful addiction recovery. Drug and alcohol detox may be required for certain types of drugs, such as alcohol, benzodiazepines and opioids. It may be recommended for others because of its many benefits in treating withdrawal symptoms.
There are complications that can arise during the detoxification process. But detoxing can help people avoid them. There are a few different types of treatment that are offered to people during detox.
- Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, is there to offer FDA approved medications that have been successful at treating opioid and alcohol withdrawal. Anyone who participates in MAT will also have behavioral therapy.
- Medical detox allows people to take medications to help with specific symptoms, such as anxiety, depression or seizures. It also ensures that the individual receives medical supervision in the event of an emergency or complication.
- Holistic detox is a natural approach to withdrawal treatment. It relies on the body’s ability to detox itself and various methods may be used to help this process along. They could include nutrition therapy, dietary changes and regular exercise.
Inpatient Rehab Centers
Inpatient rehab is often the place most people go when they are ready to begin recovering from addiction. This level of care offers residential treatment in a facility for about 28 days. The beginning of the recovery process usually involves detoxing, and many inpatient programs offer these services in-house. Those that do not should provide patients with referrals for programs that they know and trust.
Long-Term Rehab Facilities
Long-term rehab programs provide support to people who need this level of care for a longer period of time. Many people who need long-term treatment have a history of relapsing or they have been addicts for several years. Patients receive all the help they need here, and they can often stay for an extended period of time.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment Options
There are a few different options available for outpatient addiction treatment. This type of care can work well for some people. Others may need more interaction with staff in order for their recovery efforts to be effective.
- Traditional outpatient rehab involves individual therapy sessions as often as 3 times per week. Some may offer group therapy as well, but most do not.
- Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, are a flexible option for rehab that involves treatment during the evening hours. Clients may come to the program as often as 3-5 times per week.
- Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs are there to provide support to people who need a much higher level of care. They operate during the day, and clients may come as often as 5-7 days per week.
Sober Living Homes
There could be many reasons why people would choose to live in a sober living home after rehab. Many simply need a safe place to stay while they transition back into their everyday lives. Others may not have safe homes to return to.
Sober living homes can provide people with a lot of support. They offer a healthy, recovery-minded environment that can aid in the healing process.
Traveling from New Berlin to Arizona for Rehab: What are the Benefits?
People may want to consider traveling from New Berlin to Arizona to go to rehab. There are many benefits to not going to rehab in one’s own city, and they include the following:
- Being able to access the type of treatment they want, which might not be available closer to home, such as holistic care.
- Being able to focus on one’s recovery efforts and not on everyday stress.
- Being able to go to rehab at a facility that is in-network with their health insurance to keep their out of pocket costs low.
- Being able to avoid seeing people they know in an effort to maintain their privacy.
- Being able to escape a dangerous or toxic home situation and relocate somewhere that is safe.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN New-Berlin, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
New-Berlin AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near New-Berlin:
There are many New Berlin, WI AA meetings being held every week.
There are several New Berlin area Alateen meetings being held every week.
There are several NA meetings being held in New Berlin every week.
New Berlin has several SMART Recovery meetings scheduled every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Talk with Us Today About New Berlin Addiction Recovery Programs
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to be a beacon of hope to people who thought they would never recover from their addictions. It is possible to stop using successfully and embrace a life of recovery. But doing so means taking the first and most difficult step of reaching out and asking for help.
Would you like to talk with us about going to rehab in Arizona? Would you like additional information about the drug and alcohol treatment options in New Berlin? We can help. Please contact us right away.