DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Madison, Wisconsin
Treatment Options, Statistics and More
Going to a Madison, Wisconsin alcohol and drug treatment center can be one of the most rewarding decisions in a person’s life. There is so much to be learned during recovery, and the right rehab program can change the course of a person’s life forever. Yet, there are still many people in Madison who never get the recovery help they need.
It does not have to be scary to go to rehab, but people are often afraid because of the unknown. We believe that the more people know and understand about drug and alcohol rehab in Madison, the more likely they are to make the right decision and get treatment.
find meetings in or near Madison:
The Need for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Madison, WI: Statistics and Information
People are often completely unaware of the scope of substance abuse in their own communities. Madison, Wisconsin is no different. There are many people who live in this city who are struggling because of their addictions.
According to the 2019-2021 Community Health Needs Assessment for Dane County:
- Health behaviors like drug and alcohol use play an essential role in the overall health of the community.
- Access to quality mental health treatment providers is a major concern for people in the county.
- Many people believe that alcohol abuse is a serious problem in Dane County.
- The same is true for drug abuse.
- A significant number of Dane County residents report experiencing poor mental health on average 3.5 days out of the month.
- 12% of people in the county have major depression.
- 1 out of every 5 adults have moderate to severe anxiety.
- 17% of people who are on Medicare report that they are depressed.
- 54.7% of high school students in the county report feeling anxious always or often over the last 30 days.
- 24.7% of adults in the county state that they have participated in binge drinking at least once in the last 30 days.
- 37.6% of motor vehicle crash deaths in the county involve alcohol.
- Almost 31% of high school students report drinking alcohol at least once in the last year.
- 21.9% report consuming alcohol at least once in the last 30 days.
- More than 10% of students have participated in binge drinking in the last month.
- Between 2006 and 2015, the number of opioid overdose deaths in the county increased by close to 81%.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
The first step for many who go to rehab is to go through the detoxification process. Drug and alcohol detox can help with withdrawal symptoms, which can become severe or even life-threatening in some cases. There are various types of treatment that can help, which we will discuss in just a moment.
After going through detox, therapy during rehab is the next step. This is very important because it addresses the mental aspect of addiction. This is when focus is placed upon the root cause of the individual’s substance abuse problem. For many people, this means getting treatment for a co-occurring disorder, which means they also have a mental health condition that is contributing.
What Types of Addiction Treatment Programs are Available in Madison, WI?
There are several types of addiction treatment programs in Madison, Wisconsin. Please keep in mind that they are not all appropriate for everyone. There are different levels of care and a person should choose based on their individual needs.
It may be a good idea to talk with a professional to get a recommendation for rehab. They will be able to advise about the right type of treatment program based on what will work for the individual.
Inpatient rehab programs offer residential treatment to people for a period of about 28 days. During this time, patients stay at the facility while they participate in their program. Many inpatient rehabs offer detoxification services in-house, but not all of them provide this. Those that do not should always offer a referral.
Inpatient rehab involves participating with various forms of therapy. There are individual and group therapy sessions, as well as family sessions. There may also be experiential activities and other forms of treatment that all aid in the recovery process.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
As we mentioned earlier, the detoxification process is critical for addiction recovery in many cases. There are certain drugs that may require it, and they include:
There are several types of treatment available during drug and alcohol detox. It really just depends on what a person needs based on personal factors as well as on the type of drug they have been using.
- Medical detox – This type of treatment involves the use of medications to help with withdrawal symptoms. It also ensures that medical staff will be on-hand in the event of an emergency.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, allows people to take medications that have been FDA approved to treat opioid and alcohol addiction. Behavioral therapy is also required.
- Holistic detox – Holistic detox involves the use of more natural therapies to help the body rid itself of harmful toxins.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
There are a few different levels of care that are available on an outpatient basis for drug and alcohol rehab. They are:
- Traditional outpatient treatment – This level of outpatient care involves working with a therapist, although some may also provide group sessions. Appointments may be as often as three times per week.
- Partial hospitalization programs – PHPs or day treatment programs are run during the day. Clients may come as often as 5-7 days per week and receive therapy.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs operate during the evening hours, which makes them very convenient. Clients participate in therapy sessions and other activities as they recover.
Long-term rehab programs are there for people who need a longer period of time to recover. Patients can often stay for several months at a time as they work on meeting their recovery goals.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are residential houses or facilities that offer safe places to live for people in recovery. Residents are required to pay rent, secure their own outpatient addiction treatment and abide by other rules of the house.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most widely known 12-Step programs in the world. They offer peer support to people who are in recovery. There are several AA and NA meetings taking place in Madison every week.
Traveling from Madison to Arizona for Rehab: Should it be Considered?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 13 drug and alcohol rehabs within 5 miles of Madison. But sometimes it just does not work for people to go to treatment in their own city.
Arizona is a beautiful state, and many people choose to travel there to go to rehab. They may make this decision for any number of reasons, such as:
- They have found a treatment program that offers more holistic therapies than what they can find closer to home. Even though many rehab centers in Madison do offer the most up-to-date treatment options, they may not be exactly what people are looking for.
- They want to have the chance to get away from home for a little while to really focus on getting better. Sometimes the stress of everyday life can follow people when they go to rehab. Choosing a place that is far away from home can help people concentrate on the healing process.
- They need a new beginning. Perhaps continuing to live at home is only making it harder for them to avoid relapsing. People will often travel to Arizona because they want a chance to start over.
- They need more privacy. People who work in public jobs, such as doctors and teachers, may not want to attend rehab near home. This can actually be a barrier to treatment for them. But traveling to Arizona for rehab gives them a sense of anonymity.
- They want more personalized treatment. Arizona has some of the best private recovery programs in the country.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Madison, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Madison AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Madison:
There are many AA meetings being held in Madison every week.
There are several NA meetings being held in Madison each week.
SMART Recovery offers non-12-Step options for peer support and recovery. There are several meetings being held in Madison each week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Madison and Embrace Recovery
At SpringBoard Recovery, we wholeheartedly believe that addiction recovery is possible. Everyone with a substance abuse problem should have the opportunity to prove to themselves that they can overcome it. We believe we have the treatment program that can help.
Traveling to Arizona from Madison for rehab offers a host of possibilities. Recovery is possible and the right treatment program can make such a difference in people’s lives.
Would you like to talk with us about coming to Arizona for rehab? Would you like to learn more about Madison’s drug and alcohol treatment options? Please contact us.