DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN La-Crosse, Wisconsin
Help is Available for Recovery
La Crosse, Wisconsin has many options to offer people who are searching for alcohol and drug rehab. There are a lot of ways for people to recover from their addictions. The process may be challenging, but it can also be the most rewarding experience a person ever has.
There are so many people who are struggling because of their substance abuse problems. It can be very difficult for people to admit they have a problem that needs to be treated. This could be because they are afraid of the stigma that surrounds mental health and addiction. Or there could be other barriers to treatment. Regardless, learning more about drug and alcohol rehab in La Crosse can help urge people to make the right decision and get the help they need.
find meetings in or near La-Crosse:
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics for La Crosse, Wisconsin
There are many people living in La Crosse who are in need of addiction recovery services. The substance abuse problem is prevalent in this area of the state, and many people believe that they are stuck with no way out. It is interesting to see the statistics and what they have to say about this issue.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for 2018:
- Focus groups indicated that mental health was one of the needs within the community that needed to be addressed.
- As many as 72% of adults who are in need of mental health treatment never get it.
- As many as 58% of young people who are in need of mental health treatment never get it.
- Just over one out of three people feel that they do not have the ability to pay for mental health treatment.
- About 9% of people in the Western Region of Wisconsin report having used an illegal drug in the last month.
- For every 1,000 people living in the area, there are 5 drug arrests every year.
- There are 7.2 opioid overdose deaths for every 100,000 people in the La Crosse area every year.
What Happens During Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Alcohol and drug rehab provides treatment for many types of addictions. There are different levels of care, which we will go over in just a moment. The goal should always be to address every aspect of the problem. This can usually be done by treating the physical and psychological parts of addiction through detox and therapy.
The detoxification process is the first step in addiction recovery. Detoxing involves utilizing various types of treatment to help the body remove toxins. Going through drug and alcohol detox can effectively help reduce the severity of withdrawal. It can also allow people to avoid possible complications during the healing process.
Therapy is what people experience during most of their treatment at rehab. The focus is placed on determining what caused the person to start using in the first place. This could be because of excess stress or because of the presence of a co-occurring disorder, or mental illness. Individual, group and family therapy can all be used to help during this stage of recovery.
How Many Addiction Rehab Programs are Located in La Crosse?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 14 drug and alcohol rehab programs within 5 miles of La Crosse. They are a mix of inpatient and outpatient treatment options. There are also sober living homes and detox centers.
What Types of Substance Abuse Treatment Centers are There in La Crosse?
Even though there are several types of rehab programs in La Crosse, they may not all be right for someone who is new to treatment. Each one offers a different level of care, and it is important for people to choose the one that will best meet their needs.
Talking with a professional and getting their recommendation for rehab is important. That way, people can be certain they are getting the type of help that will work for them.
Alcohol and Drug Detox
As we mentioned, drug and alcohol detox is often a critical part of addiction recovery. In some cases, it may even be required, such as when people need to recover from alcohol, benzodiazepine or barbiturate addictions. Detoxing primarily deals with withdrawal symptoms; the physical aspect of addiction.
There are different types of treatment that may be offered during the detoxification process. They are:
- Medical detox – Medical detox allows doctors to prescribe medications to treat certain withdrawal symptoms individually. It also provides for medical supervision for the patient in the event of an emergency situation.
- Medication assisted treatment – MAT is for people who are addicted to alcohol and/or opioids. There are FDA approved medications that are available to treat these addictions specifically. MAT also involves behavioral therapy during recovery.
- Holistic detox – Holistic therapies, such as nutrition therapy, exercise and journaling, can be an important part of detoxing. The body knows how to detox on its own, which is why holistic treatments are often included with both MAT and medical detox.
Many people begin recovering from addiction by going through inpatient rehab programs. This level of care involves a 28-day residential stay at a facility. At the beginning of that stay, detox services should be offered if they are needed. Many inpatient treatment centers offer detox in-house, but those that do not should always provide referrals.
The need for outpatient treatment has never been greater. Today, people need more flexibility when it comes to rehab. This can be an effective way to recover from addiction, but not every type of outpatient care is appropriate for every stage of recovery.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, offers help for people who are addicted to opioids and/or alcohol. There are FDA approved medications that can help people through withdrawal and make it less likely for them to relapse. Behavioral therapy is also included with MAT.
- Medical detox – Medical detox also allows people to take medications to help with their individual withdrawal symptoms. For example, a person may need to take an anticonvulsant medication if they are considered to be at risk for seizures. Medical detox ensures that people receive the supervision they need in the event of an emergency.
- Holistic detox – Holistic therapies can be so helpful during the detoxification process. Treatments such as nutrition therapy, yoga classes and journaling are often used alongside MAT and medical detox.
28 days is a long time to spend focusing on addiction recovery. But sometimes it might not be long enough. Long-term rehab can provide people with the additional time they need to recover. People who need this level of care often have histories of relapsing. When they come to treatment, they can stay for an extended period of time.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are there to offer places for people in recovery to stay while they continue to work on reaching their goals. People are required to pay rent when they live in one of these homes. They may also have to contribute to the house in some way, such as by doing chores.
12-Step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous offer peer support during the recovery process. These are peer-led programs, so they do not offer professional treatment. But they can be very helpful; especially during outpatient therapy.
Going to Rehab in Arizona: Should People Travel to Get the Treatment They Need?
Sometimes for any number of reasons, people may not want to go to rehab in their city. Arizona is an excellent state to go for treatment. Some of the reasons people might consider traveling to Arizona for rehab include:
- Being able to get away from their normal stress so that they can fully focus on their recovery efforts.
- Being able to avoid being recognized by others they might know in their community.
- Being able to access methods of treatment, such as dual diagnosis treatment, which might not be available closer to home.
- Being able to find a program that is in-network with their health insurance.
- Being able to avoid any triggers, which could make it more difficult for them to recover.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN La-Crosse, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
La-Crosse AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near La-Crosse:
The following is a list of La Crosse, Wisconsin AA meetings.
There are a few La Crosse area Alateen meetings taking place for young people each week. Please remember that young people are always welcome to attend Al-Anon meetings if that is more convenient. Also, there are Alateen chat meetings available for teens between the ages of 13 and 18 years old. These meetings are moderated by adults.
There are several NA meetings being held in La Crosse every week.
There are several SMART Recovery meetings taking place in La Crosse every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Get Additional Information About La Crosse, WI Rehab Programs and Recovery Options
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to do everything we can to help people get the recovery support they need. It is possible to stop using drugs and alcohol with the right treatment. Traveling to Arizona for rehab can be a great solution for someone who is having trouble making the decision to go to treatment close to home.
Would you like to learn more about traveling to Arizona for rehab or about La Crosse treatment programs? Please contact us today.