DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Kenosha, Wisconsin
Get Information About Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Kenosha, Wisconsin
People who live in Kenosha, WI should have no issues finding quality drug and alcohol rehab in their area. There are a lot of options available for people who need them. Yet, there are a lot of people who never get the substance abuse treatment they need to recover from their addictions.
Recovery can be incredibly difficult, but that does not mean it is impossible. With the right support, people can successfully leave a life of substance abuse and dependence behind for good. It can help to understand more about what drug and alcohol rehab is and how it can benefit people in Kenosha.
find meetings in or near Kenosha:
Kenosha, WI Substance Abuse Facts and Statistics
There is no denying that Kenosha – and Kenosha County in general – has a serious substance abuse problem. There are many people who live in this community that are struggling, and many do not know where to turn to get help.
According to the Kenosha County Community Health Needs Assessment for 2016:
- 5.25% of the people in the county do not have health insurance.
- That works out to a little over 10,000 people.
- 22% of people report having participated in binge drinking within the last 30 days in 2014.
- But by 2016, that number had gone up to 30%.
- 45% of these individuals are adults between the ages of 35 and 44.
- 2% of people stated that in the last month, they were a driver or passenger in a vehicle when the driver had too much to drink.
- 5% of people state that someone in their household had had a legal, social, personal or physical problem in connection with alcohol in the last year.
- 2% of the population stated that someone in their household had a problem with marijuana.
- 1% stated that someone in their household had a problem with heroin, cocaine or another street drug.
About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Kenosha
Alcohol and drug rehab is a place people can go to get help for their addictions. They offer professional and peer support, which can help with both the physical and psychological sides of substance abuse problems. This is done through detox and therapy during rehab.
Detox is often an essential part of the recovery process. Its goal is to help lessen the severity of withdrawal while protecting people against possible complications. There are several forms of detox, which we will discuss in just a moment. There are several drugs that may require detoxification, such as benzodiazepines, alcohol and prescription opioids. If a facility does not offer these services, they should always provide people with referrals for them.
Once withdrawal symptoms are well under control, the client will be ready to move on to therapy. The bulk of therapy takes place during rehab, and this is when the psychological aspect of addiction is addressed.
People typically undergo various types of therapy, based on their needs. They see a counselor for individual therapy sessions, have group therapy and possibly family therapy as well. The goal is to determine what led to their addiction and then treat the root cause.
How Many Addiction Treatment Facilities are Located in Kenosha?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are 38 drug and alcohol rehab centers within 25 miles of Kenosha. They are a mix of inpatient and outpatient programs, sober living homes and detox centers.
Options for Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Kenosha, WI
People who live in Kenosha have several options for addiction treatment available to them. There are many ways to recover from a substance abuse problem, and there is no one “right” way that works for everyone. People are all individuals and should find the type of program that will work best for them.
It may be wise to seek out help from a professional when determining the proper level of care during rehab. They can offer people a professional recommendation.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
Outpatient rehab programs have grown in popularity over the last several years. A lot of people need a more flexible option when it comes to getting treatment. But not all levels of care are right for people who have never been to rehab before.
The following are the three main types of outpatient rehab that are available in Kenosha:
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, typically operate during the evening. This leaves the day open for people to continue to go to work, attend school or take care of their families. IOPs may run for 12 weeks, but this can be adjusted based on the client’s individual needs. Clients may be required to come to appointments 3-5 times per week and get treatment.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, are also known as day treatment programs. They operate during the daytime and clients come to treatment for several hours as often as 5-7 days a week. While they are there, they may participate in all kinds of therapy, receive medication management services and more.
- Traditional outpatient rehab – A more traditional outpatient rehab usually only involves individual therapy sessions. Clients may need to come to treatment as often as 3 times per week, and there are typically no group sessions.
Inpatient Treatment Facilities
Many people begin recovery by going through an inpatient rehab program first. This level of care involves a 28-day residential stay in a facility where addiction treatment is offered. Some inpatient rehab centers offer detoxification services as well. This makes it very convenient for people to transition from one type of treatment into another.
Inpatient rehab involves a lot of therapy, and both group and individual sessions are offered. The goal of therapy is to identify and treat the cause of the addiction. The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that as many as 50% of people who go to rehab have a co-occurring disorder. This must be treated in order for the person to have the best chance of being successful.
Long-Term Rehab Centers
Long-term rehab can provide people with an even higher level of care that what is available during 28-day programs. There are many people who need a longer period of time to recover from addiction. Some may have tried inpatient rehab in the past and been unsuccessful. Others may have a long history of relapsing and going through withdrawal. Long-term rehab can help these individuals by giving them an extended period of time to recover.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
Detoxing is typically the first step in the recovery process for those who need it. The goal is to remove toxins from the body that are there because of a person’s substance abuse problem. Withdrawal can be very difficult to manage without some type of professional help and intervention.
There are several types of drug and alcohol detox treatments that are available. It is not uncommon for them to be combined.
- Medical detox – This refers to the use of medications to treat individual symptoms, as well as to the use of medical supervision during recovery.
- Medication assisted treatment – MAT involves the use of specific medications that have been FDA approved to treat opioid and alcohol addictions. It also must include behavioral therapy as well.
- Holistic detox – Holistic detox involves the use of natural recovery methods, such as making dietary changes and adding in a physical exercise program. This can help the body rid itself of toxins naturally.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes can provide people in recovery with safe places to live as they continue to improve. They are residential houses where people are required to pay rent, contribute to the home and attend their own addiction treatment programs.
Is Traveling to Arizona from Kenosha for Rehab a Good Idea?
Sometimes people prefer the thought of traveling to Arizona for rehab instead of attending treatment in their city. There are a lot of benefits to this, including:
- Being able to maintain one’s privacy.
- Gaining access to treatment options that may not be available closer to home.
- Taking the time to focus on one’s self during recovery.
- Eliminating the presence of any triggers that could make it easier to relapse.
- Making it easier to relocate in order to avoid returning to a dangerous home situation.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Kenosha, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Kenosha AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Kenosha:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Kenosha, Wisconsin
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help as many people as possible in Kenosha. We know there are a lot of people who are suffering because of their dependence on drugs and alcohol. For these individuals, life can feel hopeless at times. But help is available to assist them in getting their lives back.
Traveling to Arizona from Kenosha for rehab can open up a world of new opportunities. Would you like to talk with someone about this? Do you need to learn more about going to rehab in Kenosha? Please contact us today.